While this Question basically has nothing to do with Icy Phoenix - It is asked all too frequently.
Moving the DNS and Script Path The EASY Way:
If you are moving Icy Phoenix to a different server and your URL is not going to change, then there is nothing much that you have to do other than back up your site, create a DB on the new site using the same parameters as the existing database - Upload your Icy Phoenix forum to your new site, install the database and "Point" your Domain Name to the new DNS server.
If you are moving - for eg, from Servage to BlueHost and your Domain Name is registered with an independent Registrar such as Godaddy.com, then you will have to go to "Godaddy" to make the changes for the Domain Name to point to your "New" Server.
Changing the Domain Name and Script Path:
All Paths used here are examples.
1. Write down the path that you are going to use on the new web-server eg. yoursite.com/forum or yoursite.com/my_joint/ etc. And you must know what it is going to be before you go any further.
2. Back up the Database of the Icy Phoenix Forum that you are going to move (Whether it is on a web-server or your PC/localhost) and save it to a FOLDER on your C: drive.
3. Goto the ACP > Configuration > Server > Domain Name: Write down what is in the window and change it to eg. "yoursite.com"
4. Goto the ACP > Configuration > Server > Script Path: Write down what is in the window and change it to eg. "/forum/"
5. Go to the bottom of the page and "Submit". Do NOT leave the ACP.
6. Back up the new or modified Database and save it to your C: Drive.
7. Goto the ACP > Configuration > Server > Domain Name: And put back what was originally there. (Particularly for localhost on your PC)
8. Goto the ACP > Configuration > Server > Script Path: And put back what was originally there. (Particularly for localhost on your PC)
9. Goto the bottom of the page and "Submit".
10. Create a Database at the web-server and write down the "dbhost, dbname, dbuser and dbpasswd"
11. Upload the Forum Software to the Path you wrote down, and install the "New" Database FROM C: Drive to the Db you created on your web-server.
12. Open your-forum/config.php at the web-server and enter the new details for your web-server database that you "DID" write down.
If you are moving Icy Phoenix from localhost (127.0.0.1 etc.) then you have probably re-named or deleted the .htaccess file for it to work with "localhost". Remember that you need to revert that back from whatever you did, for the web-server.
And if you need any more instructions other than this - Then you shouldn't be doing it until you practice on something else until you get it right .
And if you have totally messed it up - Re-install the Database backup that you DID save to a FOLDER on C: Drive and do it again.
The alternative for the Database changes is to dump it and actually edit it physically to change the Domain Name and Script Path for the new Domain Name and Url Path (Script Path).
But do use caution, as many a Database dump has been truncated due to the editor not being able to handle file-sizes over a certain limit.