I have created a tool to import users into Icy Phoenix 1.3.
This tool allows you to import users from a CSV file or from other software like phpBB 2, phpBB 3, WordPress, Joomla, vBulletin.
Usage is very simple:
- Make sure you have Icy Phoenix installed.
- Download and decompress ip_batch_users_import.zip into your hard disk.
- If you decide to import users from a CSV file then you need to fill the attached "demo" CSV file (users_to_add.csv) with the users you would like to import, following the same schema and format:
"User 01","pwd01","firstname.lastname@example.org",1,"english","0.00","Y/m/d - H:i"
"User 02","pwd02","email@example.com",1,"english","0.00","Y/m/d - H:i"
"User 03","pwd03","firstname.lastname@example.org",1,"english","0.00","Y/m/d - H:i"
- If you decide to import users from another software, then you first need to export your old users table (the one you would like to import) and import it in the same DB where Icy Phoenix has been installed. For example if you are trying to import users from phpBB 3, then you need to export your phpbb_users table and import it into your Icy Phoenix DB (there are several ways to do it, using phpMyAdmin is maybe the easiest one).
- If you are importing users from another table, you need to edit users_add.php to reflect the name of the table where old users are stored: 'source_table' => 'phpbb_users',.
- Make sure you have correctly edited your CSV file or correctly imported the users table.
- Copy users_add.php (and also users_to_add.csv if you want to import from CSV file!) to your Icy Phoenix root and then launch it!
- Launch users_add.php from your browser and then choose the right import method you would like to use.
- The script should complete the job automatically!
- Enjoy your new users!
There are other advanced settings you may configure in the file, but you may not need them in most cases.
For software which uses a different password encryption from phpBB 2 and Icy Phoenix (next Icy Phoenix version will have a different password encryption!) a new password is generated and should be automatically sent to the users imported.
Should you need assistance with this procedure, please use the Icy Phoenix support section in the forum and please provide all necessary details to help you: Icy Phoenix version, software you are trying to import from, name of the tables, etc.
P.S.: since in Icy Phoenix some chars are not allowed in usernames, some usernames will be changed... also duplicated usernames and duplicated emails will not be imported!
|Description:||Icy Phoenix Batch Users Import||