Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post SERVER - My Install Issues Windows 2003/2008 Server Platform IIS6 And IIS7 

All,

I wanted to document my experience I had with installing icy phoenix and how I got around the problems after many many hours of searching on Google etc. I have done many installs and have run across these problems each time. So I felt it was time to document them and post them here to try to save another person the headaches I I have gone through.

When I installed icy phoenix the installer tells me that it can write to all the files and folders correctly every thing is green, next I enter in my msql info and related info on the next page and click enter and this is when the problems start.

This is for Windows 2008 web server R2 but I have experienced these on Windows 2003 server as well.

These may not  occur in order but below are the fixes to get around them

=====================================================================

Problem 1:

Icy Phoenix error message

An error occurred trying to update the database
Field 'cat_wm' doesn't have a default value

FIX for Problem #1:

Edit mysql my.ini in C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1/my.ini

Change default value

default-storage-engine=INNODB

TO

default-storage-engine=MyISAM

Change default value

sql-mode= STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

TO

# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode=""

Problem 2:

Icy Phoenix error message

An error occurred trying to update the database
The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes

FIX for Problem #2:

open /install/schemas/mysql_schema.sql

find and delete

ALTER TABLE `phpbb_topics` ADD FULLTEXT (topic_title);

Problem 3:

Fire Fox Error Message

When trying to view you page at www.yordomain.com/index.php you get the below error in your web browser, it was Firefox for me.

FIX for Problem #3:

Option 1: go into your msql database under tabe ip_config and set gzip_compress to 0 which turns off gzip compression.

Option 2:

Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/adm/erc.php is select the option to disable gzip compression which does option 1 for you.

Problem 4:

In IIS7 when you try to go to your page after fixing the above issues if you will get the following messages displayed in the web page. This happens after copying you config.php to your / directory so at this point you install has completed and connectivity to your database will be working once you copy the config.php

=============================================================================================================
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_ct_config_472022be091812506f0b3d47818afb38.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_config_3ba19af46892e3453550c70fc489cba0.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_cms_config_3b39877871bc3473aa67cc04801b7aef.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_attach_f82dfb867587d92cbdb4646606bf0262.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_word_censor_0d69f94172b8f8bdae5714116b0e76cb.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/forums/sql_forums_cats_4646f1e205eb9b2819189d0db3e3429d.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/forums/sql_forums_6f0592fdf89c869f7d0437cd6a462c55.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_moderators_825f7f2bb2bf13c691a46dd6dd5e558a.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_moderators_5c071ee6e48bebf50b52c8dbe2636c76.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/posts/sql_posts_9c0c21b2de78c2e51da0211afa310144.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/posts/sql_posts_1cd9572e39f9ecbf8e3bf0c77fae9de1.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_themes_6470ed106a92cb1fdabaaec1a2b122f7.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_cms_config_6f962c2bdd70ba7af60d1717989094ed.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_cms_blocks_62d03e99eb2e5488bbc1e789dc33bebf.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_cms_blocks_a473591db0be1bcf5b8f43a23d430ac0.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_cms_blocks_1be4d9d1d0971daa69c937b112db8095.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/db/mysql.php on line 817: fopen(./cache/sql/sql_cms_blocks_6dea1c63dce3683ab71e285ceb802bc1.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
=============================================================================================================

In windows 2008 server adding the user IIS_IUSRS is does not give the needed/proper permissions when permitting full control over the recommended directories they tell you to chmod in the install procedure for us windows admins you cannot chmod in windows, the equivalency to chmod 777 in windows is full control.

This is the post I finally found that led me to a fix for this one which I spent two days on!

Source: http://forums.iis.net/t/1148047.aspx

From user Steve schofield

Use process monitor to detect which folders are being denied.  This is a combo tool now that used to be filemon / regmon.  This is where I would start.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
Steve Schofield
Windows Server MVP - IIS
http://weblogs.asp.net/steveschofield

http://www.IISLogs.com
Log archival solution
Install, Configure, Forget

Questions on Microsoft SMTP Service - visit http://www.smtp.ws

Reply from user Babscoole who was having the issue.

ProcessMon told me that W3WP running as NetworkService was having the issue.  Doesn't quite make sense given the fix/workaround I tried this morning.  At the site level, under authentication, I changed the Anonymous user identity from the default Specific User (IUSR) to Application Pool Identity (NetworkService by default, left it set as that).  Once I did that, writes to the file began working.  To my way of thinking it should have worked before since the IIS_IUSR group had full perms.

Even stranger, I then looked at a directory that had to be written into.  At first, writes failed.  I took a look at the directory NTFS perms.  NetworkServices not in the list, elevated the IIS_USRS group permissions and writes to here started working.  Given the change I made above, it should have been NetworkServices that needed to be added, not IIS_USRS needing adjustment.

Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to when or why IIS_USRS or NetworkServices is used to access a given object using IIS7 and they both seem to apply regardless of any authentication impersonation set.

FIX for Problem #4:

What I did to resolve my issue, in IIS7 select the web site you are having issues with, under features view double click on Authentication select Anonymous Authentication. On the right hand side select edit, uncheck specific user and check application pool identity click OK then restart IIS7.

I hope this helps someone out, some of these issues are very hard to find on google so I have done the work for you and put them into one post.

Thanks,

Justin

ciscoiptechSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: My Install Issues Windows 2003/2008 Server Platform IIS6 And IIS7 

thanks man for this

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

real good one.

even if i use Linux servers. It´s good to know about win servers

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

np at all I hope it helped yah!!

ciscoiptechSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank you very much for sharing these info, I will add this topic in Documentation section.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List