Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post A Quick Knowledge Base Trick 

Howdy folks! Ray here.

I installed the KB and everything was cool until I noticed that when you set up a KB category, you MUST choose a forum for the comments to get sent to. Ok that is cool we can work with that. Where the problem came in is now the members can see the KB Categories in the forum and can post at will in the forums instead of using the KB which in turn makes having the KB completely useless. We can just go post in the forum categories.

Here is what I did to bring relevance back to the Knowledge Base plugin. When I set my forums up, I set each forum up to registered permissions and THEN changed view permission for all to Private. Only change the view. Now, anyone less than moderator status can not see the KB article forums thus forcing them to use the KB to post Knowledge Base materials (articles). When a user reads the KB article and they click add comment, they are in fact taken to that forum and can see everything because we left it set to read All.   They can make their comment post and in the bread crumbs, they have NO option to go back to that thread.

And there you have it! Hidden forums and users can still post and comment in the KB. Bring relevance back to your KB plugin folks. I would post this in the How to section but must be a mod to do that. I hope someone finds this little trick handy.

Take care!

Ray

MWE_001Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: A Quick Knowledge Base Trick 

Moved to documentation and how to.

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

HideSimilar Topics

Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Knowledge Base krisbfunk Old Support Topics 0 Sun 21 Jan, 2007 02:13 View latest post
krisbfunk
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Knowledge Base supostabme Old Support Topics 2 Thu 05 Apr, 2007 14:37 View latest post
Zuker
No new posts Knowledge Base [page] Tag. Stickygreen Old Support Topics 2 Thu 10 Jul, 2008 00:41 View latest post
Mighty Gorgon
No new posts Knowledge Base DWho Old Support Topics 4 Sun 14 Dec, 2008 12:27 View latest post
DWho
No new posts Knowledge Base 2 Problems? batman Old Support Topics 10 Sun 27 Mar, 2011 22:53 View latest post
batman

Permissions List