Icy Phoenix

Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: What About A Medal MOD For Icy 2.0? 

Hi Informpro,
I of course agree in moving things into plugins... that was the purpose of the Plugins system.

If you have time to move Links, Sudoku and Album to Plugins it would be great.

I can help in creating hooks and other special functions where needed... but trust me, most of the needed functions are already there... you just need to analyze the plugins I already coded to understand how most of the new functions work.

Regarding "file.php" or "index.php?page=XXX" I'm not really sure about this... I still prefer to have physical files because sometimes you need to tweak something specific that can only be efficiently done with dedicated files... for example when a plugin is very complicated like Album or Download.

Regarding Skype... I'll have some free time in the next 2 weeks, then I'll be away again for 2 weeks (I'm sorry, but I still need to travel a lot for business)... so from this Tuesday on, I'll be on Skype for several hours per day.

Finally regarding big commits, this is why I know that I'm almost alone in coding, so I only commit when I have time for doing that... if I know that someone else is contributing, I will switch to a different commit frequence and dimension.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Hey,

Yeah, I can try with sudoku and links (album's too involved with its bbcode etc), but a first thing might be to already "clean" code from plugins. For example, remove the "if ($plugins cashmod enabled)" and add a hook here.

If you have time to move Links, Sudoku and Album to Plugins it would be great.

I need to find a hotspot to download code from plugins and analyze a bit more

Quote:
Regarding "file.php" or "index.php?page=XXX" I'm not really sure about this... I still prefer to have physical files because sometimes you need to tweak something specific that can only be efficiently done with dedicated files... for example when a plugin is very complicated like Album or Download.
I don't understand what you mean. Having pages/ and plugins/xx/pages/ with index.php?page=... Would still get you physical files, only not root ones.

Thanks for the answers on everything else. I don't know how active I'll be since the school start might be a bit rough to be, but know that I know I can offer to frenchies to use IP too, that's easier :).

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Ok, now I understand what do you mean.

Try to port those plugins and then we will consider how to move the next steps.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I know 3 years have passed, but I'd like to go back on topic about the Medal MOD/plugin. I've been reviewing the topic   but I haven't found any download link to test it. The only thing I know is that portalpez has it, but I got no way to check if he's using IP 2.x or whichever IP version. Anyone has a clue or is willing to catch up with me about this topic, please? We finally have the time to update to IP 2.x, but this is an important feature on our community and we wouldn't like to lose it.

EDIT -

Now that I'm logged in, I could see the download ZIP with the MOD (I'd swear in previous IP versions the download file was visible, but not downloadable until logged in, now you cannot see it). Gonna test it this weekend. My eternal gratitude if it works!

Ivory Tower URL: : http://www.torredemarfil.es/foro/ Version: 2.0

SarakinSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

If it doesn't, open a topic for your own problem, and we'll try to get it fixed :-).

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List