Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post New Agreement Template. 

I re-made the agreement.tpl because I thought it could look better than what it is.

If you wish to use it, it's been tested with FF, IE, Opera and Chrome - with Pearl, Pro_blue and Floreal styles - - - and here's the code:

Add this content to the bottom of your style.CSS
Spoiler: [ Show ]

I NEVER advocate changing the "Default Templates" - So copy agreement.tpl to your style folder(s) and overwrite it with the content below.

Spoiler: [ Show ]

And I was going to post a picture, but pictures don't show browser errors - So here's a demo.

http://bitzagames.com/forum/profile.php?mode=register

@MG - You're free to use it in the default if you wish.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: New Agreement Template. 

Alternatively you can duplicate the original lang vars in lang_user_created and add the HTML markup you wish.

This is what I sometimes do for special customizations.

Let me make an example to clarify the process...

You have this var in lang_main:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    'Reg_agreement' => 'While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.<br /><br />You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.<br /><br />This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any of the information you have entered above; they serve only to improve your viewing pleasure. The e-mail address is used only for confirming your registration details and password (and for sending new passwords should you forget your current one).<br /><br />By clicking &quot;<i>I agree to these terms</i>&quot; you agree to be bound by these conditions. Also be aware that your personal data will be treated in respect to the current laws in the country of the site owner.<br /><br />',

You just add the same var to lang_user_created:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    'Reg_agreement' => '<div style="text-align: justify; text-justify: inter-word; padding: 20px;">' . $lang['Reg_agreement'] . '</div>',

If you notice I have wrapped the var into a DIV and re-assigned to the same var. Since lang_user_created is parsed (on purpose) after lang_main, the var will be overwritten with the new content... The advantage is that you didn't edit any TPL or CSS, you just need to carry over that file. I have a couple of sites which I manage in this way... this website being one of the two.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: New Agreement Template. 

Mmm, Nice trick!  

But I thought that cleaning up the .tpl would be useful to you anyway as it tightens it all up without using <br 's etc.

Neater, is my word for it.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List