Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Importing Phpbb Database Into IP Database 

wizzard wrote: [View Post]
version of my old phpbb board is a localized one, in Romanian
...  and it has a number of premoded items implemented into it.

this i dont understand...

about mods - did u try delete all exept .htaccess, config.php, includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php, includes/def_words.php and your files (pics clips) maybe some of mod disturbing upgrade
also did you tryed to put english lang..before u upgrade...

i m sorry if i bothering you  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Limun wrote: [View Post]
...  and it has a number of premoded items implemented into it.

this i dont understand...

about mods - did u try delete all exept .htaccess, config.php, includes/def_themes.php, includes/def_tree.php, includes/def_words.php and your files (pics clips) maybe some of mod disturbing upgrade
also did you tryed to put english lang..before u upgrade...

i m sorry if i bothering you  

Premodded meant that it has already a number of "hacks" implemented when installing it, and as for switching to Englsih language, well this is not possible, due to the fact that it has been fully converted into Romanian, meaning that about 85% of it is only in Romanian. That was the first reason for selecting it, due to the fact that all of the board members are Romanian. And you might be right in assuming that one or more localized mods might affect the upgrading process. I will give it another shot and follow your tips. Hope it works. Veel bedankt Limun.  

wizzardSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

i know what is premoded

i didn understanded this

try somehow to install englis before
and i didnt ask
what was your old phpBB ? 2.0.22? 2.0.21?  or

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Limun wrote: [View Post]
try somehow to install englis before
and i didnt ask what was your old phpBB ? 2.0.22? 2.0.21?  or

I will give it another shot with the English version. And yes, the "old board" was a 2.0.22 version, fully redone in Romanian.

Back to topPage bottom

What I would suggest is the following... but please, make a local test... don't go live unless you feel confident in your skills.

• Make sure you have a working copy of your current phpBB based FORUM system.
  • Remove all languages and force your users to use ENGLISH via DB (an SQL like this should work: UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_lang = 'english';).
  • Remove all templates but keep subSilver with theme_id = 1 and force all users to this (an SQL like this should work: UPDATE phpbb_users SET user_style = 1;).
  • Use this file to clean your tables: phpbb_clean_tables_1_0_8.zip (you will find it in the contrib folder of IP).
  • Make sure you will delete all the fields and tables unless strictly needed (for example you may want to keep album and attachments... so do not flag them!).
  • When you have "cleaned" your DB, your forum won't run anymore... so you should delete ALL your old files BUT the users files (album, attachments, avatars, etc...) and config.php.
  • Copy default phpBB 2.0.23 files into the forum folder (all but config.php).
  • Your forum should now be backported to phpBB and shoud work fine: you have now a new starting point and you can try to follow upgrade from phpBB instructions.
  • After having reupdated your site, you should move users files into default IP folders so all users files will be there...

I would suggest installing IP 1.1.10.25 (or check if there is a newer version when you read this message) with all patches, because IP 1.2 will be out soon and your upgrade will be easiest if you start from this version.

Read carefully what I wrote... and let me know if you succeed.

I keep my finger crossed.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
What I would suggest is the following... but please, make a local test... don't go live unless you feel confident in your skills.
(...)
I would suggest installing IP 1.1.10.25 (or check if there is a newer version when you read this message) with all patches, because IP 1.2 will be out soon and your upgrade will be easiest if you start from this version.

Read carefully what I wrote... and let me know if you succeed.

Grazie, MG, I will proceed as per your instructions, Hope it will work out as desired.

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
I keep my finger crossed.

Me too....

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List