Optmize My Server My Web


Subject: Optmize My Server My Web
Good night,

I need a little from help especially from the creators of icyphoenix.
I have a called web www.mundomedellin.com this based on the last version of icypheonix, per day I handle from 3000 to 3500 visits, in the evening and in the night it can be observed that from 100 to 120 users connected to the same time, but pitifully my server is suffering too much.

Characteristics of my server:

Dual AMD 2000,
2 gb ram,
80gb x2 HD (several in stock)
1000 gb band widht
have "cpanel"

The problem is that per day my servant is falling down from 3 to 5 times, in general the problem being very big and the load raising 40.00 so times up to 100.00 in general for that the processes "mysql" and "httpd" are very high.

several times and treated of optimized my server, optimizing the process mysql, activating the cron, and many other things, for example as 2 weeks ago i activate "fast and furious" and after activated only some basic functions again as allowed bbcodes in the signatures and other few options, and blocked the entire access to lists of users, to calendar, to everything what show many sql queries.
equal all this progress does not serve as much, when my server overcomes the 6.0 it is blocked and begin to raising exponentially such a point that the web does not open and i must stop the server.

i have comunicated several times with the support of my server, trying that they help me and sometimes they me have collaborated very much.

the last response that they gave me was that i must to contact the creators of my type of forum and ask them for help to optimize my server as for mysql and Apache but with proper councils of them.

the truth i don't see a forum based in icyphoenix that handles so many users connected how as mine, then i dont to whom more coming and í don't that more to do.

Someone that me of suggestions or what could.

thank you very much

if somebody need more information about my server or other things i can give you

Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
Hello,
As it seems you have a lot of web space, I think cache will be one of the better solutions.

First of all check all CHMOD are set correctly: http://www.icyphoenix.com/docs/read...sh_installation (look at steps 3 and 4)

Then make a full backup of your forum

Then, login to the ACP.
Go to Configuration -> Site
Set Flood interval to 15 and search flood interval to 20 or 25
Set Topics per page to a reasonable number (50 or less) and do the same with posts per page (15 or less if users are used to post long messages and 20 or less if not)
Set Displayed Shouts to 20 or less

In Board Usage Statistics Settings
Set View Level for Admin and deactivate all the other levels.

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> Icy Phoenix
Activate Enable AJAX Features

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> SQL Optimization
Enable GoogleBot Detector: No
Enable Visit Counter: No

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> Posts and Messages
Disable precompiled posts: No

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> Images in posts
Thumbnails cache: Yes
Thumbnails quality (1-100): 75

Go to Configuration -> Unread posts
UPI2DB Mod active?: No

Go to Configuration -> Limit image width
Resize images in posts: No
Resize images in signatures: No
Resize attached images: No

Go to Styles and Templates -> Settings
Check switches while compiling: Off
Use cache: Yes
Automatically save cache: Yes
Automatically re-compile cache: Yes

Go to DB Maintenance -> Database Maintenance -> Configuration
Disallow rebuilding of the search index: Yes


After this, clean all cache (Configuration -> Clear Cache -> Yes Yes Yes & Styles and templates -> Manage cache -> Clear all)

Greets!

Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
KasLimon wrote: [View Post]
Hello,
As it seems you have a lot of web space, I think cache will be one of the better solutions.

First of all check all CHMOD are set correctly: http://www.icyphoenix.com/docs/read...sh_installation (look at steps 3 and 4)

Then make a full backup of your forum

Then, login to the ACP.
Go to Configuration -> Site
Set Flood interval to 15 and search flood interval to 20 or 25
Set Topics per page to a reasonable number (50 or less) and do the same with posts per page (15 or less if users are used to post long messages and 20 or less if not)
Set Displayed Shouts to 20 or less

In Board Usage Statistics Settings
Set View Level for Admin and deactivate all the other levels.

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> Icy Phoenix
Activate Enable AJAX Features

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> SQL Optimization
Enable GoogleBot Detector: No
Enable Visit Counter: No

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> Posts and Messages
Disable precompiled posts: No

Go to Configuration -> Icy Phoenix -> Images in posts
Thumbnails cache: Yes
Thumbnails quality (1-100): 75

Go to Configuration -> Unread posts
UPI2DB Mod active?: No

Go to Configuration -> Limit image width
Resize images in posts: No
Resize images in signatures: No
Resize attached images: No

Go to Styles and Templates -> Settings
Check switches while compiling: Off
Use cache: Yes
Automatically save cache: Yes
Automatically re-compile cache: Yes

Go to DB Maintenance -> Database Maintenance -> Configuration
Disallow rebuilding of the search index: Yes


After this, clean all cache (Configuration -> Clear Cache -> Yes Yes Yes & Styles and templates -> Manage cache -> Clear all)

Greets!


Thanks kaslimon

only 2 or 3 indications, I needed for deactivating or correcting according to your instructions, anyhow this will help me to improve a little more the load of my server.

although if someone more, it has something in mind to lower the number of the "sql queries" or to optimize the proccess "mysql", please to place it here

Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
Quick Settings>> Fast and fourious

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
Quick Settings>> Fast and fourious


CHECK my first post:

gara wrote: [View Post]
.....several times and treated of optimized my server, optimizing the process mysql, activating the cron, and many other things, for example as 2 weeks ago i activate "fast and furious" and after activated only some basic functions again as allowed bbcodes in the signatures and other few options, and blocked the entire access to lists of users, to calendar, to everything what show many sql queries.


thanks of all forms

Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
So if you have it working, set cron jobs.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
So if you have it working, set cron jobs.


also are working..

gara wrote: [View Post]
several times and treated of optimized my server, optimizing the process mysql, activating the cron, and many other things,


but this was not very explicit.
the cron jobs are activating in the ACP

je i don't know that more do. :shock:

Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
Do you know how to program a little script for optimize your web constantly with cron jobs?

Do not make it unless you have an VPS or dedicated server as it will waste so many bandwith.

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
Do you know how to program a little script for optimize your web constantly with cron jobs?

Do not make it unless you have an VPS or dedicated server as it will waste so many bandwith.


REALLY about of scripts for optimize my web, i know little, only enable the cron job in the ACP that optimize the tables of my forum every day or every 6 hours.

i yes, i make this because i have a dedicated server.

------------

other thing... in other forum (test forum) i am trying to pass icyphoenix to phpbb3 but i can't do this, because appeared much wrongs when i try of convert and others things that can see here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=828275

-----------

somebody of this forum has passed of icyphoenix to phpbb3???? and in the chase of yes, can explain me how do it?

thanks novice programmer for all the response. :)

Subject: Re: Optmize My Server My Web
I have configured some server using IP with more than 100 users online at the same time... with no particular issues or slow pages loading.

I can provide a link if you want to check.

For sure if you need just a forum I would suggest you to use phpBB 3.

Conversion shouldn't be tough... use clean_tables.php to revert to phpBB 2 and then follow instructions on how to upgrade to phpBB 3.

Good luck.


Page 1 of 1


  
You cannot post new topics
You cannot reply to topics
You cannot edit your posts
You cannot delete your posts
You cannot vote in polls
You cannot attach files
You can download files
You cannot post calendar events

   

This is a "Lo-Fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.

Powered by Icy Phoenix based on phpBB
Design by DiDiDaDo

Generation Time: 0.1921s (PHP: -36% SQL: 136%)
SQL queries: 29 - Debug On - GZIP Enabled