Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Hello, I'm New To Phpbb2 

I'm wondering if somebody can maybe show me some things around. Like maybe good tutorials, mods, etc.

Does your styles here work for phpbb2 or are they phpbb3?

Also, I am sorry if I placed this in the wrong forum. I didn't really see an exact place to put it.

Thanks,
GAME_OVER

GAME_OVERSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Hello, I'm New To Phpbb2 

GAME_OVER wrote: [View Post]
I'm wondering if somebody can maybe show me some things around. Like maybe good tutorials, mods, etc.

Does your styles here work for phpbb2 or are they phpbb3?

Also, I am sorry if I placed this in the wrong forum. I didn't really see an exact place to put it.

Thanks,
GAME_OVER

Hi,

Icy Phoenix styles are only for Icy Phoenix, you can't use them on any other board.

In this section you can find some of them specifically designed for phpBB3

Most of the common used mods in phpbb are already part of the standard Icy Phoenix release, so you usually don't have to add any mod to your Icy board. Anyway some add-on is available and you can find it around in this site.

For tutorials, depending on what you need, try looking in the documentation forum

VortexSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

So, I'll can download that lastest CMS, for my board, then use mods on here to customize it further. Hmmm ok. Is it possible if I go to like the phpbb2 mod database on the phpbb site, and get mods there, can I still use mods through there if I use icy phoenix. Because I do like the look of this board quite a bit.

I'll look into this more at night.

Thanks Vortex for clearing some of that up for me. ^_^

Back to topPage bottom

So, I'll can download that lastest CMS, for my board, then use mods on here to customize it further. Hmmm ok.

Yes, but notice that the standard release is natively plenty of useful mods, if you don't have any particular need for you site, you won't need any further mod.

You can find a list of the implemented mods here .

Most of the customization (and I think the most awesome feature of Icy) is in the CMS system. I suggest you to install a test forum and have a try... you will go crazy managing the ACP :d

Quote:
Is it possible if I go to like the phpbb2 mod database on the phpbb site, and get mods there, can I still use mods through there if I use icy phoenix. Because I do like the look of this board quite a bit.

Yes, since Icy Phoenix is based on phpBB2 you can apply almost any mod you want (if for phpBB2, of course). But be sure you know what you are doing: applying a new mod in a such deeply premodded board could be difficult to handle with

Back to topPage bottom

I read about all the mods in the lastest version, thanks for that link. It seems like it does cover everything.

I'm guessing this board is running strictly on just Icy Phoenix, correct?

Also, what if I didnt' want a certain mod that is already put into Icy Phoenix, are most have the ability to disable in the ACP? Or would you have to take out the coding or something?

And thanks again, you're being extemely helpful, downloading this does seem like a great idea to easily make the board the way I want it as quickly as possible. ^_^

Back to topPage bottom

I read about all the mods in the lastest version, thanks for that link. It seems like it does cover everything.

I'm guessing this board is running strictly on just Icy Phoenix, correct?

Also, what if I didnt' want a certain mod that is already put into Icy Phoenix, are most have the ability to disable in the ACP? Or would you have to take out the coding or something?

And thanks again, you're being extemely helpful, downloading this does seem like a great idea to easily make the board the way I want it as quickly as possible. ^_^

Most features can be switched on/off from the ACP, some other are hardcoded, it's inevitable I think.

Well... I think this far the only thing left to do for you is to download and try yourself what Icy Phoenix is  

If you need help you know where to look for it

Back to topPage bottom

Yea, I'm going to work on it tonight and this weekend. I just downloaded it to my computer. So now it's just the matter of putting it up. If I need help, I'll be sure to post so LOL, and I possibly will being so new to these kind of thing. I'm used to board wrappers, and CSS from InvisionFree and IBPfree. So this downloading and FTP stuff is really new to me, but I'll manage. ^_^

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List