Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Possible To Port Theme From PhpBB3 To Icy Phoenix??? 

I have this theme for phpBB3 (SF_Glacier) And would really like to have it on Icy Phoenix (latest version). Is there an easy way to port it over????

OCM770Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Possible To Port Theme From PhpBB3 To Icy Phoenix??? 

For icy phoenix....

Perhars you can use some images into a new theme with mg_themes template engine.
Surely you will have to rename something...

Edit:

Otherway, it is required a high-intermedied php, java and cfg skills... and some time.

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

OCM770 wrote: [View Post]
I have this theme for phpBB3 (SF_Glacier) And would really like to have it on Icy Phoenix (latest version). Is there an easy way to port it over????

We have a work in progress for porting proSilver when that will be done, then it will be easy to port any proSilver based template.

The problem is that I'm almost alone in working on that... I tried to build up a team, but after few days almost all hanged up.

proSilver uses some advanced HTML and CSS techniques and not all users are willing to learn them and help.

If you know someone I will pass the pack with proSilver work in progress.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Prosilver theme for IP would be great  

I have one question regarding templates based on the mg_themes engine: If create/port a new template or pay someone do it for me based on this engine, will this be considered a hole new template or an edit of the icy phoenix template? I mean creating a template using the core .tpl files with new overall_header and footer + news css + new images.
I'm asking because i need a new more official or representative so to speak template, now when my site is gaining popularity. I will ofcourse release it to the community.
Thanks for any thoughts on that

whiskey_peteSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

whiskey_pete wrote: [View Post]

I have one question regarding templates based on the mg_themes engine: If create/port a new template or pay someone do it for me based on this engine, will this be considered a hole new template or an edit of the icy phoenix template? I mean creating a template using the core .tpl files with new overall_header and footer + news css + new images.
I'm asking because i need a new more official or representative so to speak template, now when my site is gaining popularity. I will offcourse release it to the community.

If you modify the mg_themes in any way, it is apreciated to have the Copyright as you were allowed to or just contact MG by PM when you have finished it and see if he allows you to make that changes. There are people that have deleted it without contacting MG and they do not get support because of that.

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

novice programmer wrote: [View Post]

If you modify the mg_themes in any way, it is apreciated to have the Copyright as you were allowed to or just contact MG by PM when you have finished it and see if he allows you to make that changes. There are people that have deleted it without contacting MG and they do not get support because of that.

I was speaking only hypothetically, but it's good to know that in case that I decide to create/import a new theme.

whiskey_peteSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

whiskey_pete wrote: [View Post]

I'm asking because i need a new more official or representative so to speak template, now when my site is gaining popularity. I will ofcourse release it to the community.

As long as you create new CSS, new graphic elements and buttons... there is no need to keep my Copyright on the Design... you can take full copyright of that.

As I said several time, you should just keep Icy Phoenix and phpBB copyright somewhere in your pages... anything else could (and I wish you do) be changed.

Anyway there are other good examples in the topic linked by novice programmer.

Regarding proSilver, we are stuck with it... no one is helping me and HPL in the conversion process so we have decided to STAND BY on proSilver. If you know someone willing to help, I can provide all the necessary files and DIRECT support to complete the conversion.

Finally let me say that your WorldBiology site has been customized really well. I really like it and I invite you to add the link in the Show Off section hoping that it will be a good example for other people.

If you would like to share your customized template or blocks... just contact me (even by email or PM) and we can speak about that.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List