Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix Hosting Allowed? 

Hi
Is it allowed to user Icy for hosting i mean someone signes up and get his own Icy CMS hosted?

Sascha833Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix Hosting Allowed? 

What you are looking for is a free host that will host an Icy Phoenix for you - yourself. Correct. ?

Or are you hosting, and want to advertise and or give away a free site using Icy Phoenix for your new members. ?

Because I have a problem with what you are actually asking about.

If it's not the first question - Icy Phoenix is GPL - You can use it as you see fit - Providing you leave all copyright and credits in place.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
What you are looking for is a free host that will host an Icy Phoenix for you - yourself. Correct. ?

Or are you hosting, and want to advertise and or give away a free site using Icy Phoenix for your new members. ?

Because I have a problem with what you are actually asking about.

If it's not the first question - Icy Phoenix is GPL - You can use it as you see fit - Providing you leave all copyright and credits in place.

no i made a script here users can sign up and get there own free portal and by mkportal it was forbidden couse of the license so i though i ask if its allowed before i get problems but if you say "everything" is allowed its fine:) of course i dont remove the copyright
thx

Back to topPage bottom

Ok, as I understand it you are promoting your host site with a free Icy Phoenix install for those who want it.

If your users have full control over their sites, it would be wise to impress upon them that the GPL is not there to be abused, and that they also need to respect the copyright and credits and not obscure or remove them in any way.

Failing that, you could end up with your DNS being blacklisted here, because we don't support anyone who breaches the GPL and the license conditions of Icy Phoenix.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]

If your users have full control over their sites, it would be wise to impress upon them that the GPL is not there to be abused, and that they also need to respect the copyright and credits and not obscure or remove them in any way.

Failing that, you could end up with your DNS being blacklisted here, because we don't support anyone who breaches the GPL and the license conditions of Icy Phoenix.

Some functions like footlink settings in the ACP i deaktivated for this reason and they have no ftp acces so they cant remove the copyrights

Back to topPage bottom

Best of luck Sascha833, with what you are trying to do.

Back to topPage bottom

Thank You!

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List