Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post QuickReply Problem In Black_Pearl 

Hi people and Staff,
I've got a problem
Help is very appreciated.
Here I go :

Have a look here. what coulda went wrong ? I used Mini Quick Reply.. Also i tryed Evil quick reply, nothing showed up cuz i needed to edit template, and i didnt know the code, but have a look here :

6j350g

If any people know what went wrong, please post details here, also, if somebody got fix for this or know any quickreply mod for Black_pearl with Installing tutorial, welcome to post here, because i am looking for 1 urgently.

Thank you a lot.
I really Appreciate it.

WassapSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: QuickReply Problem In Black_Pearl 

Please post your questions in the correct forums.

Moved to phpBB3

Back to topPage bottom

So you people, are not in a hurry to help, are you ? Skins are good, but support is poor. aight, If MG didn't respond on my PM, and  neither posted the code of quick reply this forum got, then it is disappointing..

Back to topPage bottom

Matey,

You are on the wrong forum - You need to be posting your questions at phpBB.com

I also find your attitude offensive in that you seem to think that all here are soley here for the benefit of answering your questions as soon as you post them.

You have a warning about your attitude - And you are two clicks away form being banned.

Back to topPage bottom

its not phpbb's problem, it is your problem, how you not supporting me, in my 1 question, i repeat for death people, maybe there are few here. 1 Question.... The only question i am interested in, IS : How You Got Your Quick Reply on Black_Pearl... thats all.. you answer me on this question, and you will not see me here anymore, like *poof* and i am gone.. not that hard to get... but no... you dont want to answer, just maybe because you not such a nice person... and some1 took him in Staff..

Back to topPage bottom

Quick Reply is an integral part of ICY PHOENIX and works with ALL Icy Phoenix themes / styles and NOT just Black Pearl.

You are NOT using ICY PHOENIX but are using PHPBB3 with a Black Pearl theme made for that.

There is NO QUICK REPLY MOD here for phpBB3 and IF there is a MOD for it then it would be at either phpBB.com or phpBB Hacks whatever.

Now do you understand that the Quick Reply mod here will NOT work with the phpBB3 software that you are using, and that it is NOT actually a Stand-Alone MOD but it is built in to Icy Phoenix.

The Staff here also give their time freely and are not on-call just to answer your questions. If you want 24/7 support - then go and buy some Commercial Forum Software. And then you will only get a "Ticket System"

Back to topPage bottom

Wassap wrote: [View Post]
So you people, are not in a hurry to help, are you ? Skins are good, but support is poor. aight, If MG didn't respond on my PM, and  neither posted the code of quick reply this forum got, then it is disappointing..

What is disappointing is your attitude.

I do not live here 24/7. I have my real life and I'm doing everything for free here.

Your attitude is not welcome here, so it is better if you stay away.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Real shame that, that person had to come off harsh and rude like that. Replying here since it's a started topic but feel free to split this if need be so others can have a more pleasant view of what to do if they are having problems not getting the image to show up using an awesome style like black pearl.

Step 1: Be sure to follow all of the edits in the quick reply mod.
Step 2: Instead of adding (which is an important step almost all forget to do or feel it's not needed)
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. img_button_quick_reply = button_quick_reply.gif  

to the imageset.cfg file, add:
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. img_button_quick_reply = button_quick_reply.png 

You can rename this image by using a text editor, cmos or dos.
The reason being is _mg_config.html looks for png images by default I believe but may be wrong. However this works very well for me.

Step 3: Don't forget to open the styles/template/subsilver2 edits and do them! This is a big goof-up that almost all forget to do. You will never get the mod to work properly unless you complete the entire mod process. It's there for reason.  

Step 4: Go to your ACP and purge the cache. Refresh your image cache as well! Another important step most forget to do.

For those of you needing a Black Pearl quick reply image, Here you go. Good luck!

Don't forget the image is to be uploaded to styles/imageset/en/ directory! I feel some don't upload the image to the proper directory either.

button_quick_reply.png
Description: Quick Reply image for Black Pearl 
Filesize: 3.87 KB
Viewed: 16115 Time(s)

button_quick_reply.png

Edited by Ratt, Fri 05 Sep, 2008 13:57: Added additional information.
RattSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for sharing and fixing the issue.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List