Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Solved-Parse Error: Please Help 

Ok, I guess I shouldn't have tried to clone the icy phoenix template.

I installed all the files, and made all the additions that I was told I needed, however, I am getting a similar message as I did one other time: (which Lopalong helped me fix).

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<', expecting ')' in /home/.foxie/gearmeister5/portal.thegtsaga.net/main/includes/def_themes.php on line 62

That was just after I installed a new template. It is called "Icy Purple". I know now I shouldn't have tried to clone that one.

I did notice that sequence was wrong on the new installed template. There was actually an error just below it on line 62.

I tried to modify the php file,  (def_themes.php ) with no success:

Spoiler: [ Show ]

I also tried re-numbering the template to the wild card "67" that Lopalong showed me in an earlier post.

Last edited by gearhead on Mon 06 Oct, 2008 03:29; edited 1 time in total 
gearheadSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Parse Error: Please Help 

<!-- template ./..//includes/cache_tpls/def_themes_def.tpl end -->

You can't use or have that in a .php file, so you need to remove that first.

And def_themes.php needs to end like this:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]

67 => array('themes_id' => '67', 'template_name' => 'mg_themes', 'style_name' => 'Icy purple', 'head_stylesheet' => 'style_ice_purple.css', 'body_background' => 'ice_purple', 'body_bgcolor' => '', 'body_text' => '', 'body_link' => '', 'body_vlink' => '', 'body_alink' => '', 'body_hlink' => '', 'tr_color1' => '', 'tr_color2' => '', 'tr_color3' => '', 'tr_class1' => '', 'tr_class2' => '', 'tr_class3' => '', 'th_color1' => '', 'th_color2' => '', 'th_color3' => '', 'th_class1' => '', 'th_class2' => '', 'th_class3' => '', 'td_color1' => '', 'td_color2' => '', 'td_color3' => '', 'td_class1' => 'row1', 'td_class2' => 'row2', 'td_class3' => 'row3', 'fontface1' => '', 'fontface2' => '', 'fontface3' => '', 'fontsize1' => '10', 'fontsize2' => '11', 'fontsize3' => '12', 'fontcolor1' => '', 'fontcolor2' => 'BBAB22', 'fontcolor3' => 'DD8622', 'span_class1' => '', 'span_class2' => '', 'span_class3' => '', 'img_size_poll' => '0', 'img_size_privmsg' => '0', 'online_color' => '', 'offline_color' => '', 'hidden_color' => ''),

);
return;
?>

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks a million!

What's funny, is since I've had all those server issues with my host, that text was added in the file possibly while they were transferring data to the new server......I didn't add that to the file, it was already there!

I will probably get more trash in my files, so I might need to wait a while, and just move to another host, because they said they would probably be working on the new server project for almost one year!!!!

Yikes!!!

Well, back in, thanks, you are THE GREATEST.......!!!!!

Everyone: LOPALONG ROCKS!!!

Back to topPage bottom

gearhead wrote: [View Post]
Thanks a million!
That text was added in the file possibly while they were transferring data to the new server......I didn't add that to the file, it was already there!

Yep! It does happen, and there are countless reasons why. Drives everyone nuts when it does occur and another reason we preach "Back up your Db regularly".

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Solved-Parse Error: Please Help 

You won't believe this, or maybe you will.

The site worked fine for about 5 minutes, then poof, nothing but a white screen!!

I guess it's time to just wait, then check with my host tomorrow. It took them 48 hours to reply to my first trouble ticket.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List