Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix & MPS Mod: Possible? 

Icy Phoenix version:  Icy Phoenix 1.2.0.27 (22 Aug 2008 19:45)
MPS mod:  Version 1.0.2b  
phpBB2: 2.0.23

Hey all,

I hope I post this in the right section.
I would like to (know if) it is able to integrate MyProfileSpace (in short (MPS) with Icy Phoenix (or the other way around  )
In my oppinion, this would create a perfect mix, and would make my website complete!

I got it to work partially, only some options won't work, like errors on registration, some on profile, and you can't create a different background etc. It would be really great if someone wants to look at this one with me, and hopefully coming on some working solutions, removing errors etc.

So what I want to know is: Could this work? Or is it impossible? And did someone already achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

Update 05-10:
Errors are gone!
Looks like everything is working...!
Im gonna test everything (uploading pictures, adding friends, BBcode etc etc) and I hope I will get every function of MPS to work!

Last edited by OwnageWorld on Mon 06 Oct, 2008 10:11; edited 2 times in total 
OwnageWorldSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix & MPS Mod: Possible? 

I believe I read somewhere MG said someone had integrated the MPS Mod into their Icy Phoenix before, but I personally haven't seen any IP sites using this modification.  I've also searched the MPS website and couldn't find any past support threads about integration with Icy Phoenix...besides the one you created today.

I like the idea of having a MySpace type of profile, but too many customization features given to members could prove harmful.  I'd wait for some seasoned coders to respond to your query.

Good luck!

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I have installed mps mod into icy... it was a huge project as there are a great deal of changes and a great many template files to change....

If you post your errors here I will see what I can do...

I am in the process of putting together the whole mod for icy but my time is very limited so it is taking a long time...

also the only thing I haven't got functioning correctly is the bbcode in mps but I made a work around for it...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

DWho wrote: [View Post]
I have installed mps mod into icy... it was a huge project as there are a great deal of changes and a great many template files to change....

If you post your errors here I will see what I can do...

I am in the process of putting together the whole mod for icy but my time is very limited so it is taking a long time...

also the only thing I haven't got functioning correctly is the bbcode in mps but I made a work around for it...

Wow, thats great!
At the moment this error bugs me a bit:
Watching profile when mps is created:
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. Fatal error: Call to undefined function bbencode_first_pass() in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/mps/mps_functions_post.php on line 81  

Here is what it says:
  1. function mps_display_post($post, $bbuid = '', $bypass_smilies = false, $make_bbcode = false, $bypass_clickable = false)  
  2. {  
  3.     if ($make_bbcode != false)  
  4.     {  
  5.         $bbuid = make_bbcode_uid();  
  6.     }  
  8.     if ($bbuid != '')  
  9.     {  
  11.       [b]  $post = bbencode_first_pass($post, $bbuid);[/b]  
  12.         $post = bbencode_second_pass( $post, $bbuid);  
  13.     }  
  15.     if ($bypass_clickable == false)  
  16.     {  
  17.         $post = make_clickable($post);  
  18.     }  
  19.     if ($bypass_smilies == false)  

This one on the forum:
  1. Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to access ./language/lang_72/lang_bbc_tags.php in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 107  
  3. Warning: include_once(./language/lang_72/lang_bbc_tags.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 107  
  5. Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_72/lang_bbc_tags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 107  
  7. Warning: include_once() [function.include-once]: Unable to access ./language/lang_72/lang_bbcb_mg.php in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 108  
  9. Warning: include_once(./language/lang_72/lang_bbcb_mg.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 108  
  11. Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening './language/lang_72/lang_bbcb_mg.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php on line 108  
  13. Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php:107) in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 1407  
  15. Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php:107) in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 1413  
  17. Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/bbcode.php:107) in /home/aa1010/domains/ownageworld.com/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 1414 

Thanks in advance!!!

Back to topPage bottom

Ok! Peeps, Moved to "Other Mods Support"

Back to topPage bottom

ok the first error is because icy uses a different bbcode set up...

there are 2 work arounds for this ( though it would be easier if I knew how to parse the bbcode correctly that is something I am looking into and learning)

1 - you can remove that piece of code

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
$post = bbencode_first_pass($post, $bbuid);

but the bbcode will not function correctly...

2 - I changed a great deal of code so mps mod works on phpbb bbcode but I fear the security of doing this.. and as I said eventually I will have it working icy bbcode...

the second error I have not seen this before but remember index.php in icy is not the same as index.php icy uses the file forum.php instead... so it might be that...

UPDATE

I am going to finish up my vesion of mps for icy this weekend and let MG have a look at them as there are a few errors he might be able to fix if he has the time...

Then it can be released for everyone here..

Back to topPage bottom

it is interesting for me too.  
thanks OwnageWorld for the theme.

difusSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi

I have finished modding it to fit icy... there are some simple errors to be fixed... I have sent MG a PM for him to have a look if he has the time but if you want to look at my beta files send me a PM..

Back to topPage bottom

DWho, that's great!

Would be cool if you or MG can polish it up. Hope you or MG has some spare time for that...

I made it work a few days ago, all errors appeared to be gone, but... they are back  

I will post a file with all changes I made if my version will run smooth. Hopefully useful for a lot of people!

Back to topPage bottom

I am hoping this will be available for everyone shortly...

spent 10 hours yesterday finishing it up and so the templates files worked with icy...

though it is beta I hope I have not missed anything out....

Back to topPage bottom

Sorry because of my ignorance, but, what MPS is?

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

MPs stands for MY Profile Space... it has been created over the last 3 years to recreate an addon for phpbb to includy my space functions ... A kind of social network

The mod is found here... http://www.mpsmod.com...

Back to topPage bottom

OwnageWorld wrote: [View Post]
Would be cool if you or MG can polish it up. Hope you or MG has some spare time for that...

I don't have the time for that now.

I am pretty busy with recoding Icy Phoenix.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List