Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Join The Icy Phoenix Team 

We have created a new page on the website that presents information on how you can give back to Icy Phoenix.  Donations are a great way to give back, but providing your time and expertise is much more valuable to us.  Keeping the community alive with questions and solutions to further enhance Icy Phoenix is our ultimate goal.

For more details, please visit the Join Us page.

If you have questions regarding the functions of each group, please contact the team leader of the group you are interested in joining.

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Join The Icy Phoenix Team 

Very good idea ^^

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Don't forget your username will change to a different color if you join our team!

Back to topPage bottom

I probably could be named a "Bug Tracker"   but I'm only an amateur and I don't feel to be able and costant to join the team, nevertheless I'll keep writing on the forum on the bugs that I find in the versions in development...

About donations, on my site we'll refuse to keep money and we don't even have banners or ads, but I'll add a topic writing the links to the site of the free softwares that we're using and their donation page   .

I hope that Icyphoenix will last for long, the last versions are very "consistent" and I think that you guys are going in the right direction, the SVN almost filled all our needs  

tormentorSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

And that is exactly the idea, tormentor.  Titles are just titles and nothing else.  You can be a bug tracker and not officially be in the bug tracking team.  You can be a contributor and not be in the contributor team.  The members that don't ask for special titles, special permissions, or special attention usually make the best team players.  You have contributed quite a bit here.  We are thankful for that and the contributions we're sure you'll continue to make in the future.

I do want to let you know bug tracking is a very important part of the development process.  You would only need to report bugs if you came across one.  You could even go a step further and try to find a solution to the bug.  Just know that the primary role a bug tracker plays is reporting the bugs and errors so the coders and developers can find a solution.  Bug trackers should be very familiar with how Icy Phoenix is supposed to work and how it shouldn't.  If you feel comfortable with the vast entity we call Icy Phoenix, have time to spare by playing around, and report any problems with our betas, release candidates, or releases, let us know by all means!  It takes a dedicated person to bug track for a package of this magnitude.

The plus side of joining any of our teams is you'll have more tools and access that are readily available for you to make the most out of your work.  You'll also feel great knowing you helped many users with your contributions.  That's what it all comes down to; making Icy Phoenix a great product for everyone.

Back to topPage bottom

Good points guys.

I agree with Chaotic.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I just wanted to give this topic a shove to the top again since we've had an influx of supporters and general help.

If you are interested in joining any of the teams Icy Phoenix offers, please contact the team leader of the group you'd like to be part of.  They will be able to give you more information about each team as well as forwarding your request to the top of the chain.

Thanks for your time.

Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List