Icy Phoenix

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. 
Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post FAP SUPPORT - Watermarks And A Few Other Questions.. 

I just upgraded from Smartors Photo Album v2 for phpBB2 version 2.0.53 to Full Album Pack Version 1.4.1

Q: Is FAP 1.4.1 the latest version?

As instructed, I uninstalled all the code that was added from the previous album photo hack on my php files.  And I didn't delete the database on my server, I just ran the new file you provided (read more below).

I installed everything using EasyMOD (beta 0.3.0) to my phpBB 2.0.23 site.  I did not run the SQL code from install.txt file, I just deleted that portion and ran the fap_install.php.

All the uploads of your files seemed to have gone through smoothly.  Even my secondary templates have their own files as well.  I also CHMOD the files and folders you listed.

During the fap_install.php install, it did report a few errors, perhaps because the other photo album already existed.  But the rest seemed to be a full success.  I then ran it again, but this time switching to the migrate install from previous album hack to this current one--that one was a success all the way.  

I am testing the install, and everything is working good.. all the pictures are still viewable and etc.

First problem:
Watermark -- I can't seem to make this work.  I have enabled the watermark feature in the ACP Photo Album Configuration settings, but its still not showing -- I am only testing the png image you seem to provide--have not yet made any attempts to custom make my own.  I did select the right bottom corner button to postion the watermark image on the picture.  But still, no clue as to why it's not being currently viewed on my images.

Nuffload
I still need a clarification as to how this feature will help if I enable it.  Right now, I seem to have it disabled, and I am able to upload large sizes of pictures, and they seem to get resized on their own without any help.

Though I have Nuffload disabled, I'd like to know what is the exact path for the cgi-bin folder?  I did upload the folder you provided and CHMOD it like instructed on the root of my phpBB directory.  So if my site is at: www.mysite.com/phpBB2/  should I leave the path for the folder ./cgi-bin/  or should it be set to another path?

The reason why I ask, is that when I temporarily enabled Nuffload, I did get to see the popup window when uploading a file, but it was only showing errors and not the upload progression bars as I am told.  So perhaps this is the reason for those errors?  The images still are able to upload even though that little pop up window shows errors, but I'd like to learn a bit more about this Nuffload--since it's very new to me.

Other Add-ons
Do you know if old addons for the Smartors version still work or compatible with FAP?

DJ AndreSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Watermarks And A Few Other Questions.. 

Quick answer to your watermark problem... if you are signed in as admin of your site you will not see watermarks at all...

sign out and view the pic s a guest and the watermark is there...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

DWho wrote: [View Post]
Quick answer to your watermark problem... if you are signed in as admin of your site you will not see watermarks at all...

sign out and view the pic s a guest and the watermark is there...

Thanks for that!  I also noticed that only the Admin will see the download button, even though you disable it in the ACP.  I wish there was some instructions to this.  I would have enjoyed watching some TV instead of hitting the switches several times.  -- Was fun though!  

Back to topPage bottom

Update
Another weirdness I have encountered is that if I visit my board without the "www" in front of the domain name, the images won't show (even though I am still logged in).  So if I visit the board by entering http://site.com/forum/album.php the pictures will not show, but only their description show.  And if I then enter by using the www ( http://www.site.com/forum/album.php ) then the pictures do show.

I am using Firefox (latest version).  I am wondering if there is a way to fix this?

(please note that the above URLs are just examples--they don't take you anywhere -- unless by pure luck there is such a site called site.com.)

Back to topPage bottom

DJ Andre wrote: [View Post]
Update
Another weirdness I have encountered is that if I visit my board without the "www" in front of the domain name, the images won't show (even though I am still logged in).  So if I visit the board by entering http://site.com/forum/album.php the pictures will not show, but only their description show.  And if I then enter by using the www ( http://www.site.com/forum/album.php ) then the pictures do show.

I am using Firefox (latest version).  I am wondering if there is a way to fix this?

(please note that the above URLs are just examples--they don't take you anywhere -- unless by pure luck there is such a site called site.com.)

you can use .htaccess to point your site every time to www.mysite instead of mysite...

we at icy phoenix use this as standard install...

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^icyphoenix.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.icyphoenix.com/> RewriteRule (.*) http://www.icyphoenix.com/$1 [R=301,L]< [R=301,L]

though this will only work on an apache server and not a windows one

add these 2 lines in your .htaccess file in your root... change icyphoenix.com to your site name...

hope thsat helps...

you can always upgrade to icyphoenix loads more features and very very stable....

Back to topPage bottom

DWho wrote: [View Post]

you can use .htaccess to point your site every time to www.mysite instead of mysite...

we at icy phoenix use this as standard install...

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^icyphoenix.com
RewriteRule (.*) http://www.icyphoenix.com/> RewriteRule (.*) http://www.icyphoenix.com/$1 [R=301,L]< [R=301,L]

though this will only work on an apache server and not a windows one

add these 2 lines in your .htaccess file in your root... change icyphoenix.com to your site name...

hope thsat helps...

you can always upgrade to icyphoenix loads more features and very very stable....

I just tried it, but it did not work.  I did replace icyphoenix to my site domain, but still it didn't work.  I cleared my cache and etc.. but no dice.

So this is a common problem with FAP?

Back to topPage bottom

not that I am aware of ... I was just giving you a quick work around... all images show on my sites with www or without

Back to topPage bottom

SPAM - REMOVED

cocosanSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List