Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Help On Adaptation 

Hello,

My forum actually is under CH ( Category Hierarchy, a great mod for phpBB2 ) and I tried to update it to IP but I didn't found the solution until now. That's why I tried to downgrade my CH forum to a phpBB2 forum, what I've successfuly done, but when I started the upgrading from phpBB2 to IP there was something wrong because, at the end, the adaptation wasn't successful.
That's the reason why I now come here, to find some help on my adaptation. All I want is make safe : the forums and sub-forums, every posts / topics and users' access. I think I sucessfully adapted the following tables :
phpbb_users
phpbb_posts
phpbb_privmsgs

My problem, I think, is with the phpbb_forums table ... Because when I let the original table, there's no problem. But when I let my forums' table, it give me a blank page when I show the forum ! My friend, Informpro, think it's because of the _auth table and think there is a problem with auth access on forums =/
So if someone could try to take a look to my problem, it really could help me ...

Here you will find my full table that I try to adapt : LINK

PS : be careful with phpbb_posts table : this only one table do 4.1mo ^^'

Thanks for your help.

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Help On Adaptation 

are you saying after you upgraded to icy all your pages are blank...?

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Yes. index.php, /adm/, etc ...
Except /adm/erc.php ( but that's normal ^^' ).
My friend Informpro linked to me some threads about this blank page problems but any solutions given in didn't help me.

As I said, the problem seems to be with the sub-forums as if I don't know why because it seems rightly adapted ...
I made some test and finaly, with the original _forums table ( of the installation of IP ), there's no problems. But when I copy my table adapted, I get every pages blank =/

Back to topPage bottom

i m playing with ur database maybe i can find soltuion maybe not but if i dont try i will never know
so
i added your database and also table forums

inf1

but i cant see them , i need your def_tree.php and def_auth.php maybe also def_tree_def.tpl (this last i even dont know what is it in RC1 )

also i need password for this user

inf2

so if you wish send me in PM this files and pass  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Weelll ... About the files, it's simply original files ( I replaced it many times without any change to notice ).

Back to topPage bottom

Yros wrote: [View Post]
Weelll ... About the files, it's simply original files ( I replaced it many times without any change to notice ).

well withot them i dont get forums ...thats why i need them

inf3

Back to topPage bottom

It's because he have put all topic on categories = 0, but there is any categories with 0 ^^' it's 1 to begin .. (On his server, he could'n't see adm/erc.php ...)

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

never mind ...
as i sad your forum tables , users are on in my local database but i cant see forums without def_three ,  i see only one forum and its mine from fresh instalation...

Back to topPage bottom

Let me explain some things :
First of all this forum is originaly created on phpBB 2.x.x and modded with Category Hierarchy. This last changed a lot of things in the forums that's why, before upgrading to IP, I put my forum on phpBB 2.x.x WITHOUT CH ( category hierarchy ).  As you said, every forums have a cat_id = 0 but nevermind because in the categories' table I changed the value to 0 too then in phpBB 2.x.x I got every forums in the same root BUT it was displayed.

Here you will find a screen of my forum under phpBB ( simply ) :
The Index : http://d4.e-loader.net/roWKgBOHea.png
ADM Pannel : http://d7.e-loader.net/AzStm84aZF.png
( be careful there's many sub-forums so it make very long screenshots because, as I said, every sub-forums are now on the same root ).

[...]

I just thought about something ... You talk about def_tree.php and I just opened it : it's very similar of the conception of full_tree.php ( in the cache ). Then I tried to replace def_tree.php with full_tree.php but it did nothing. I think the solution is close of something else but I don't know where =(
Then I put my files here :
/common.php = http://d5.e-loader.net/i8LN3vDRlI.txt
/includes/def_auth.php = http://d12.e-loader.net/Ip1AzGihse.txt
/includes/def_tree.php = http://d12.e-loader.net/kc4kcd6b32.txt
/cache/full_tree.php = http://d13.e-loader.net/CTKlB8umJb.txt

I hope that will help you ( to help me >.<' ).
Thanks for your help and your patience =/

EDIT : My version of IP is this one : http://code.assembla.com/icy_phoenix/subversion/nodes/ip/trunk
=> Isn't it possible to create manually every sub-forums and to change every id for make it ok ? =/

Back to topPage bottom

finaly i got some results
seems that problem was in (15, 1, 'c', 'Spirit-Magic' this column

so i edited description Ici c''est la partie concernant le forum lui-m?me. Vous aurez, entre autre, l''histoire ( faut bien qu''il y en ait une ^^ ) ainsi que des informations détaillées sur l''hébergement ( si ça vous intéresse ), la configuration du forum ( bizarro?de au possible x) ) et surement d''autres topics que vous trouverez parfois inutile sauf pour certains *.* En gros ici c''est le Forum dans toute sa splendeur XD\r\n<br><center><font color=red><b>/-! Histoire !-\\r\n<br>/-! Tutoriaux sur les divers Modules (- ? lire -) !-\</b></font></center>  to ici because i dunno what that mean but there was problem ..

and here we go see this picture of your forums in my local
ici

i didnt added posts because they are too big that you will do it

here the phpbb_forums repaired
and full_three if you need it

dont forghet to empty main cache and forums cache

full_tree.rar
Description:  
Download
Filename: full_tree.rar
Filesize: 14.86 KB
Downloaded: 42 Time(s)
phpbb_forums.rar
Description:  
Download
Filename: phpbb_forums.rar
Filesize: 12.65 KB
Downloaded: 50 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

First of all, THANK YOU a lot because that's it : everything is ok now ^^ !

Now there's just 2 things I would like to know :
1) how this only one table could bug like that ? ( I mean only that description ) ( And how you found it was from there ? ^^' )
2) I've, in every posts, some code I would like to cut off : in every bbcodes, there's some " uid " like [b:########] and I would like to know how to cut off this uid of every posts in same time. I know there is something for it in " install.php " but when I use it it tell me " error in editing posts " ='( So how remove this uid to make every bbcodes ok ? =/

But really thanks again for your help =D

Back to topPage bottom

First of all, THANK YOU a lot because that's it : everything is ok now ^^ !

Now there's just 2 things I would like to know :
1) how this only one table could bug like that ? ( I mean only that description ) ( And how you found it was from there ? ^^' )
2) I've, in every posts, some code I would like to cut off : in every bbcodes, there's some " uid " like [b:########] and I would like to know how to cut off this uid of every posts in same time. I know there is something for it in " install.php " but when I use it it tell me " error in editing posts " ='( So how remove this uid to make every bbcodes ok ? =/

But really thanks again for your help =D

1. belive me it maded me a headtouch    

2. open phpbb_posts.sql in notepad
go to replace
in input find what put [b:########]
in replace leave it blank
click replace all

save it and add it in database

also change now pass for Yros i dont want to know it  

BTW i m glad that i helped you with forum tables  

Back to topPage bottom

I found another problem :
I can't CREATE a topic =/
To reply there's no probs but when I start a topic, the topic is paste to another one existant =/
I think I really need to FIX my POSTS.

Take a look to the Install path of IP : run install.php in an installed forum and you will come to IP tools. One of these is " Fix Posts " :
Quote:
This feature will allow you to fix all posts in your forums. You can use this feature to: find and replace any text in your posts, remove all BBCode UID, automatically adjust the address of posted images.

That's exactly what I need BUT it seems to bug =/ It tell me " Error in editing posts ... "
Then I tried the same thing with " Fix Signatures " ( signs bug also with BBcode uid ) and It bugged with some signs and I think it bugged only with empty signs =/ Maybe it can help you to help me ^^'

Back to topPage bottom

I found another problem :
I can't CREATE a topic =/
To reply there's no probs but when I start a topic, the topic is paste to another one existant =/
I think I really need to FIX my POSTS.

Take a look to the Install path of IP : run install.php in an installed forum and you will come to IP tools. One of these is " Fix Posts " :
Quote:
This feature will allow you to fix all posts in your forums. You can use this feature to: find and replace any text in your posts, remove all BBCode UID, automatically adjust the address of posted images.

That's exactly what I need BUT it seems to bug =/ It tell me " Error in editing posts ... "
Then I tried the same thing with " Fix Signatures " ( signs bug also with BBcode uid ) and It bugged with some signs and I think it bugged only with empty signs =/ Maybe it can help you to help me ^^'

can you send me final database..with posts inside
i have that old

Back to topPage bottom

Well everything is FINALY ok =)
I would thanks a lot Limun and Informpro for their great help all along my troubles ^.^
Really thanks =)

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List