Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Fresh Install - But To Where? 

I promise I searched.  I read the entire installation page.  And there are two things I think that might be my problem.  First let me post the error I am getting ...
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
Warning: include(./../extension.inc) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 110

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../extension.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 110

Warning: include(./../includes/constants.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 118

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/constants.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 118

Warning: include(./../includes/functions.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 119

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/functions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 119

Warning: include(./../includes/sessions.) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 120

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './../includes/sessions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.orrin/bk412/blackknightsclan.org/install/install.php on line 120

Now here's the deal.  First off, I am confused about where I am supposed to be uploading the entire ip root folder to.  At first, I just uploaded it to my root web folder.  In other words www.mysite.com/

Also note, I already have phpBB3 installed in a folder "forums" www.mysite.com/forums

I noticed in the errors it was looking for "./../"  Now I am not a php coder or anything, but I am smart enough to know that normally "../" means to go up a level in the directories.  Which is fine for the /install/ folder.  But if it is trying to go up twice then that would not work since the install folder is only one level deep.  I tried to change the path in 'install.php' to only be one set of "../" but that didn't work either.

So my question is, am I supposed to not be installing this to my root folder?  I read in the "install.txt" that I should do so.  But then as I scrolled through the installation instructions setting up my CHMODs I get to step 4 and see the path "(i.e. http://www.mysite.com/forum/install/install.php) which now has me confused about where and how to install this app.

And it takes some good time to upload all those files.  Now I am stuck wondering where they should go.

Versions .....

IP -> 1.2.0.27
phpBB3 -> 3.0.4

tbird412Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Fresh Install - But To Where? 

Basically it is saying that extension.inc is not installed on your server... you need to check it has been uploaded...

Though I would use RC1 it is quite stable for a live site and would save you a massive headache in upgrading form .27c...

his is just an example (i.e. http://www.mysite.com/forum/install/install.php)  all my sites are loaded in the root.. and are just fine.. just check all your file s are there...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

What is RC1?  Is that a newer version of IP?

P.S.  Thanks for the reply, checking on that file now ...

Back to topPage bottom

tbird412 wrote: [View Post]
What is RC1?  Is that a newer version of IP?

P.S.  Thanks for the reply, checking on that file now ...

rc1 can be found here http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic...der=asc&start=0

Back to topPage bottom

bah, right as I got install.php to finally pull up correctly I gotta install a different version.

But thanks, I'd rather get the newer one installed now than have to go through all this again later.  Wish me luck, I bet I can get it to install first try this time

Thanks for all your help man.

Back to topPage bottom

no problem happy to help...

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List