Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Broke My ACP - Blank With Two Errors Up Top ... 

Here's all I did so far ...

First, I had my site all set up today and was happy.  After a few of my friends posting threads and helping me check things out, I finally decided I was ready to delete the initial "Test" forum and category that come with the install.

That broke my entire site (ACP and regular) causing a blank white page on both.

I searched the forums like every good noob should do, and found the solution of deleting everything in /cache/ except htaccess and index.  I did so and the site was working fine again.

I went to the ACP to continue customizing my new site and suddenly my ACP does not work.  It is a blank white screen with the following errors:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3012: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource

The site still works fine.  I went and re-did all my CHMODs just in case.  But now I am stuck as to what to do.

tbird412Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Broke My ACP - Blank With Two Errors Up Top ... 

I'm definitely not one to give great suggestions when it comes to coding, but you could always give this a try.  Backup your current /includes/functions.php file first and place it somewhere safe.  Now upload a new, fresh copy of functions.php to your server.  As always, be sure to clear the entire cache.

If that doesn't work, we'll see what some other guys suggest here.

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Re-uploaded the file .... cleared all the files in /cache/ again except for htaccess and index ....

Still no good.  Still get a blank white page with this error when trying to go to my ACP:
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2997: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3012: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource

EXTRA:  Just in case it helps any, here's what I get from "View Source" of the page itself (maybe see how far in the code it gets before an error.  But appears to get nowhere)
<b>[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>2997</b>: <b>readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource</b><br />
<b>[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/includes/functions.php</b> on line <b>3012</b>: <b>closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource</b><br />

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html dir="">
<head>
<!-- IE conditional comments: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/overview/ccomment_ovw.asp -->
<!--[if IE]>
<style type="text/css">
/* IE hack to emulate the :hover & :focus pseudo-classes - Add the selectors below that required the extra attributes */
.row1h, .row1h-new { behavior: url("http://www.blackknightsclan.org/templates/common/pseudo-hover.htc"); }
</style>
<![endif]-->
<title>Icy Phoenix Administration</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../templates/common/ACP.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="../images/favicon.ico">
</head>
<frameset rows="45px,*" frameborder="no" framespacing="0">
    <frame src="ip_header.php?sid=322f7f56aa8c71edb0b16a7417ad6c37" scrolling="no">
    <frameset cols="200,*" border="2" framespacing="0" frameborder="yes">
        <frame src="index.php?pane=left&amp;sid=322f7f56aa8c71edb0b16a7417ad6c37" name="nav" marginwidth="3" marginheight="3" scrolling="auto">

<frame src="index.php?pane=right&amp;sid=322f7f56aa8c71edb0b16a7417ad6c37" name="main" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" scrolling="auto">
    </frameset>
</frameset>
<noframes><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000"><p>Sorry, your browser doesn't seem to support frames</p></body></noframes>
</html>

Back to topPage bottom

Just ensure that you are uploading all of the files in binary and NOT ascii, and don't chmod anything unless the install script tells you that something is not readable or writeable.

Back to topPage bottom

Yes and yes

Back to topPage bottom

I am assuming you are emptying your cache file manually instead of using the cache options in the ACP...

if  yes then you deleted some important folders from the cache folder....

you need to delete your cache folder from your server and upload a fresh one from the download from this site...

you should then be able to login to your ACP and delete the cache using the link under CONFIGURATION/CLEAR CACHE

As you are using RC1 careful when reading older topics as a lot of the code has changed in this version...

hope that helps

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

DWho, you are a god!  I freaking love you.

Back to topPage bottom

tbird412 wrote: [View Post]
DWho, you are a god!  I freaking love you.

I guess it is working....

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Sure is!  And the more I dig deeper into IP the more I love it.  This is incredible.  Why is this guy not charging?  I would have easily paid 0 for something like this.

Thanks though DWho.  You've solved every problem I have had.  If I ever go to the UK again I'll buy you a beer.  Though I doubt I will go back to England.  That place really messed me up last time

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List