Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Urgent: Users Cannot See Threads If Logged In 

Can't believe I am posting back to back like this, but this one is sort of urgent.

I finally got the most recent active 100 users from my old site manually entered user by user into my new IP site (I am running the new RC by the way).

I sent a mass e-mail to all of them letting them know of the new site, and that their logins would still work.

So here comes the traffic.  I am all excited.  Then suddenly I am swarmed with complaints of ...

Quote:
If I log in, I can’t see threads, but if I remain logged out, I can.

and

Quote:
Beforei can view a thread, it wants me to read a thread that should be located at this address :

http://www.blackknightsclan.org/viewtopic.php?t=1&mode=read_this

and then it says this:

The topic or post you requested does not exist

when i made that post earlier it did the same thing, i wasn’t even aware that it went through until i saw it appear on the forums like 4 min later. I cannot view any posts at all through because of this "go read this" thing that is happening

Help!!!  I did search here but it's hard to even know how to search.  I searched for "force read" and "read this" but no luck.  It seems as if the site is trying to force them to read a thread number 1 that does not even exist.

So thinking that this has to be a FTR issue, I went to FTR and hit "Delete all FTR flags".  Really stupid of me.  I thought it meant "set everything to not be FTR".  I realized my error as now even I am getting this "You must read this first" bug.  So I went and disabled FTR, and that just made things worse.  Now every forum or thread you try to go to, is just a blank white page.  I emptied the cache through my ACP (everything except thumbnails) and still no luck.

I am now sad   Got all my old friends to start using the new site, and our big grand opening was a flop

I still think this all revolves around me deleting the test thread that installs with IP.  It seems to really have messed up a few things.  I assume that thread was flagged as force read?

tbird412Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Urgent: Users Cannot See Threads If Logged In 

And I honestly believe that you should install the last stable version .27 of Icy Phoenix, and leave the RC's to be debugged and then only install / upgrade to the next stable release when it becomes available.

Because at the moment it's hard to tell if you are creating these problems yourself, or in fact they are bugs.

Just an opinon.

And no, the welcome thread you deleted is not set to force read by default.

Back to topPage bottom

Oh I agree, but it's a little late now   I did install that one first, then uninstalled it and installed this one at the advice of a certain person with a lot of green stars under their name LOL.  But he's been nothing but help to me so far, so don't take that wrong!

Anyways, I actually just came to delete this thread, but then realized I will post the temp solution I found after a lot of reading ...

Quote:
ACP => Configuration => Icy Phoenix => Posting And Messages => Completely disable Force Topic Read

That solved it for now.

Back to topPage bottom

Fair enough!  

I used to have "little green stars" too, but I run out of patience with a lot of the questions being asked multiple times by those who don't read anything, don't explore anything and were generally expecting to be spoon fed.

So I gave it away - - - - -  

BTW! Welcome to Icy Phoenix.

Back to topPage bottom

Oh I completely feel you on that man.  Imagine this:  You have to spend 12 hours a day answering idiotic questions from people that are extremely rude to you and expect to not only be spoon fed, but for you to be a professional counselor, lawyer, babysitter, teacher, law student, judge, and attorney.  And on top of that, those same people will spit in your face for something another "staff member" did to a complete stranger halfway across the world.  They will try to get you stripped of your "Green stars" at any chance they get (ie. If they see you eating a quick hamburger in your car.  They call you lazy.  Not realizing that this is your 5 minute lunch break in a 12 hour work day).  And above ALL else ... those same people expect you to go TOWARDS whatever crisis everyone else is screaming and running AWAY from.

All for roughly  USD per hour

So yeah ... I know exactly how you feel bro.

Thanks for all your help.  From a person who KNOWS how to appreciate the things others do out of the kindness of their heart.

Back to topPage bottom

deled by me as problem seems to be solved...

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List