Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [SOLVED]User CP Organize 1.0.5 And Custom Profile Fields 1.2.1 

Hello folks. I have been instructed to start a new thread for my issue in order to get really needed support.

I am running a phpbb2 board but without IP. I added User CP Organize 1.0.5 to my heavily modded board and all went well with the exception of Birthdays by TerraFrost and Custom profile fields by aboyd. I found the fix for Birthdays here on another thread but not Custom profile fields.

As with Birthday, when you click on the Profile button in the Control Panel, Custom profile fields doesn't show. I have looked at the edits in the usercp_register.php and everything is in the correct place so it's obvious that there are code changes or additions that are required to fix the problem.

I have attached both mods to this for your review.

Please help. I want to finish adding User CP Organize to the rest of the templates as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for your efforts and continued support.

User CP Organize.zip
Description:  
Download
Filename: User CP Organize.zip
Filesize: 22.92 KB
Downloaded: 238 Time(s)
custom_profile_fields_1.2.1.zip
Description:  
Download
Filename: custom_profile_fields_1.2.1.zip
Filesize: 47.16 KB
Downloaded: 230 Time(s)

Last edited by Coroner on Wed 24 Jun, 2009 23:27; edited 1 time in total 
CoronerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: User CP Organize 1.0.5 And Custom Profile Fields 1.2.1 

Hi

Have you ever thought about downloading icy phoenix .27c and seeing how the code works there....

as these mods are installed... I am sure you could find the code to make yours work..

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get it working but now I've discovered what appears to be a new problem.

Any changes made in the Registration Information page errases anything I inputed in the Profile Information page and visa versa. It only effects the installed mods such as Weather (zip code), first and last name fields. Those switch with Myspace, Xfire, Birthdays and Custom fields.

In other words, if I ad my birth date on the  Profile Information page then once I save it, my first/last name fields turn blank. If I enter my first/last name in the Registration Information page and save it then my birthday fields go blank.

I have attached a zip with my current usercp_register.php for review.

Please help! I have been at this all night and it's now 3am and I really want to finish this project.

Thank you in advance for your efforts and support.

usercp_register.rar
Description:  
Download
Filename: usercp_register.rar
Filesize: 16.4 KB
Downloaded: 228 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

open your usercp_register.ph and look for this...

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    // Add Hidden inputs to replace the ones not displayed.
    if ($cpl_mode != 'reg_info' && $cpl_mode != 'all')
    {
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="username" value="' . $username . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="email" value="' . $email . '" />';
    }
    if ($cpl_mode != 'profile_info' && $cpl_mode != 'all')
    {
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="bday_years" value="' . $bday_years . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="bday_months" value="' . $bday_months . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="bday_days" value="' . $bday_days . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="birthday_display" value="' . $birthday_display . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="birthday_greeting" value="' . $birthday_greeting . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="icq" value="' . $icq . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="aim" value="' . $aim . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="msn" value="' . $msn . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="yim" value="' . $yim . '" />';

$s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="website" value="' . $website . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="location" value="' . $location . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="occupation" value="' . $occupation . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="interests" value="' . $interests . '" />';
        $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="signature" value="' . $signature . '" />';
        $profile_data = get_fields('WHERE users_can_view = ' . ALLOW_VIEW);

you need to move the line of code above to the correct field...

for example if you wanted a member to add their website when the register

if ($cpl_mode != 'reg_info' && $cpl_mode != 'all')

you need to move it from the profile section

if ($cpl_mode != 'profile_info' && $cpl_mode != 'all')

so move

$s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="website" value="' . $website . '" />';

to underneath

$s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="email" value="' . $email . '" />';

hope that is what you are after and is clear enough to understand...

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for the advise. I was able to use some of the codes to get the Custom Profile Fields to show and stick once an entry was made.

I still had the issue with changes being made on the Registration Information page erasing the input fields in the Profile Information page.

I was able to fix this by creating code missing for the additional mods installed:
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="username" value="' . $username . '" />';  
  2.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="zipcode" value="' . $zipcode . '" />';  
  3.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="name_first" value="' . $name_first . '" />';  
  4.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="name_last" value="' . $name_last . '" />';  
  5.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="email" value="' . $email . '" />';  
  6.     }  
  7.     if ($cpl_mode != 'profile_info' && $cpl_mode != 'all')  
  8.     {  
  9.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="icq" value="' . $icq . '" />';  
  10.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="aim" value="' . $aim . '" />';  
  11.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="msn" value="' . $msn . '" />';  
  12.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="myspace" value="' . $myspace . '" />';  
  13.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="xfi" value="' . $xfi . '" />';  
  14.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="yim" value="' . $yim . '" />';  
  15.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="website" value="' . $website . '" />';  
  16.              $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="location" value="' . $location . '" />';  
  17.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="occupation" value="' . $occupation . '" />';  
  18.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="interests" value="' . $interests . '" />';  
  19.         $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="signature" value="' . $signature . '" />';  
  20.                 $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="bday_years" value="' . $bday_years . '" />';  
  21.                 $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="bday_months" value="' . $bday_months . '" />';  
  22.                 $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="bday_days" value="' . $bday_days . '" />';  
  23.                 $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="birthday_display" value="' . $birthday_display . '" />';  
  24.                 $s_hidden_fields .= '<input type="hidden" name="birthday_greeting" value="' . $birthday_greeting . '" />';  

At this point I've tested each back and forth to see if either pages cancel one anothers input fields out and all seems fine. What I'll have to do is add these additional codes to the install.txt file so If something happens or I decide to add another Profile Fields mod I will know where to look.

Thanks for your assistance with this.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [SOLVED]User CP Organize 1.0.5 And Custom Profile Fields 1.2.1 

no problem glad we were able to finally get the help you needed... thanks for leaving your code.. might come in handy for someone else...

Your site is looking good as well.... are you using importal..?

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks and yes it's IM Portal. It's pretty flexible and works with all my templates straight out of the box.

Back to topPage bottom

Icy uses a more advanced version of importal.. but importal was and still is a great portal...

great theme as well.. I love evil... those guys at nuke come up with some brilliant concepts..

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List