Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Black Pearl: Using Sides To Insert Pub (google Adsense Or Logos/banners) 

Hi there!
im using Black Pearl it on my forum (www.discutivel.comuf.com), but im having hard time on solving one problem.
I would like to know what should i do to make usable the sides of my black pearl (to insert PUB like google adsense or logos/banners of my forum sponsors).

I have been checking the topics for black pearl but i didn't find nothing to do with the thing that im needing.
I find this http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5582 very usefull if i want to reduce/enlarge the dimension of the side pub, but so far, no solution for the main problem =(
Can someone help me out in this??

Best regards

unknown2Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Black Pearl: Using Sides To Insert Pub (google Adsense Or Logos/banners) 

Among the several ways for doing it, you have two...

• Add a global TABLE (starting in overall_header and ending in overall_footer) with 3 columns, so you can use left and right columns to add what you need, and the central column for phpBB content.
  • Use special DIVs with absolute or relative positioning (depends on your taste) that will display on the sides using special CSS attributes.

The first way is easiest to be achieved and doesn't require so much skills... you just need to know how to create a table and where to insert the code.

The second way should look more professional, but requires higher skills...

If you can have a try, and show us the results would be great.

If you cannot achieve what you need, try to post here your attempts and someone will try to help further.

Good luck.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Black Pearl: Using Sides To Insert Pub (google Adsense Or Logos/banners) 

Im noob in phpbb. Im using phpbb for 1 month but i dont even know how to code tha language =(
No one can help me out here ??

PS: how do i subscribe this topic to recieve an e-mail everytime some1 post an anwser ?? I already select the button "watchthis topic" but i didn't recieve any e-mail =/
Even now, when im posting this message i have enabled the square who says "Notify me when a reply is posted" (but i didn-t recieve any mail when Mighty Gorgon posted).

Best regards

Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gordon, can u help me out? im in a need of assisatence =\

Back to topPage bottom

Hello?

Back to topPage bottom

unknown2 wrote: [View Post]
Hello?

It looks that MG is out of the forums for some days due to RL issues....

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

unknown2 wrote: [View Post]
PS: how do i subscribe this topic to recieve an e-mail everytime some1 post an anwser ?? I already select the button "watchthis topic" but i didn't recieve any e-mail =/
Even now, when im posting this message i have enabled the square who says "Notify me when a reply is posted" (but i didn-t recieve any mail when Mighty Gorgon posted).

you can go in your profile settings to set it to recieve emails on new posts

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Locking for TRIPLE posting...

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?t=6159&p=41750#p41750

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Page 1 of 1

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List