Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Problem With Post Count 

Hello.

I have recently encountered a problem with the post count in Icy Phoenix, and not only the post count, actually.

About a week ago I installed the newest version (1.3.0.53) of Icy Phoenix on my site (fresh install, no upgrading). I posted a few articles on the forum and in the Knowledge Base, and a few users registered. Here are the problems:
1. First problem I saw, when I granted moderator privileges to one of the users a week ago, his nick color didn't change until today, when I cleared the cache.
2. One of the users didn't activate his account. I activated it manually yesterday, but the changes weren't visible until when I cleared the cache.
3. A user registered yesterday. The "Top posters" block didn't notice it, until I cleared the cache.
4. And finally, the main problem that the topic title refers to. Until today, there were 6 posts on my board and the post count showed up correctly. I posted 2 new articles in the Knowledge Base and 2 new threads were automatically generated on the forum. Now there are 8 posts in 8 threads, but the post count still shows up as 6 both on the main page and on the forum. Only module that noticed the change from 6 to 8 is the "Top posters" block, but again it noticed it only after clearing the cache.

I don't know, if it's normal, or the changes will be visible only the next day, or something, but I suppose they should be visible the moment they are made.

I hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I would forget to mention that all numbers are shown correctly in the ACP. Also, if you need to see the site, the address is ***.wiremod.pdg.pl.

FizykSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Problem With Post Count 

It can happen, dependent on your configuration, that the DB goes a bit slow. Every change you make in ACP, You´ve got to clear cache afterwards.

Recomendet config on IP is MG recomendated or fast and furios, don´t use the full option , cause thats what causes DB to slow down a lot

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Problem With Post Count 

I set the configuration to MG recommended, but that didn't fix the problem. I did manage to fix it though, by just posting on the forum - the counter updated itself then and it's ok now. I guess it might be an issue with the Knowledge Base automatic thread posting.

Also, not really connected to the topic, but it was puzzling me for a while - is there a way to make the threads posted by the Knowledge Base be not empty? Because when I post an article in the Knowledge Base, the automatically made post has empty body, only the title of the article is set as the thread title.

FizykSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List