Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post SMTP Problem 

Hello Everybody..
It seems that my server has some problems with the php function to sendmails for now...
While they solve it, i'm trying to configure a SMTP server to send the mails, but i can't get it work.. It doesn't send the mails and it is configured correctly..
Any solution?

DanielcSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: SMTP Problem 

Do you have the smtp server configured in ICY aswell ??

That is in ACP

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Yeah, i just configured there, but it doesn't work.. Is there another place that i should set up the SMTP different to the ACP?

Back to topPage bottom

not that i know .

But for me it did´nt work eather with .27

Back to topPage bottom

So is it a bug?

Back to topPage bottom

No idea , since i havent tested this on IP.1.3

Back to topPage bottom

Your problem appears to with your host who use Google smtp for free accounts.

bytehost wrote: 
As for your problem at hand, the problem isn't you, it isn't us... it's Google... I did find out that Google is blocking us because we make use of them, well, you guys do and it isn't something they really like (always was a bit grey on that area) but we're in talks with them over it so hopefully something will come of that.

As for Hotmail and Yahoo, they still don't like us which is why we recommended using a third-party (mostly Google) to send e-mails.

As for premium, if you upgrade you will be able to rely on our services to send e-mail properly, no more workarounds unless you want to or absolutely positively have to, you can use SMTP w/ SSL and e-mails will be sent ASAP instead of being queued and the chances of your e-mails getting to Yahoo and Hotmail rise exponentially compared to the free network.

More.... h**p://byet.net/showthread.php?t=12509&highlight=smtp

It would be nice if you spent some time researching your problems with your host - Before you post every problem that your FREE-Hosting is causing.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Your problem appears to with your host who use Google smtp for free accounts.

bytehost wrote: 
As for your problem at hand, the problem isn't you, it isn't us... it's Google... I did find out that Google is blocking us because we make use of them, well, you guys do and it isn't something they really like (always was a bit grey on that area) but we're in talks with them over it so hopefully something will come of that.

As for Hotmail and Yahoo, they still don't like us which is why we recommended using a third-party (mostly Google) to send e-mails.

As for premium, if you upgrade you will be able to rely on our services to send e-mail properly, no more workarounds unless you want to or absolutely positively have to, you can use SMTP w/ SSL and e-mails will be sent ASAP instead of being queued and the chances of your e-mails getting to Yahoo and Hotmail rise exponentially compared to the free network.

More.... http://byet.net/showthread.php?t=12509&highlight=smtp

It would be nice if you spent some time researching your problems with your host - Before you post every problem that your FREE-Hosting is causing.

Sorry... Yesterday i was reading some problems, but i don't read about their problem with Google.. Anyway, it seems that it's solved now.
The problem isn't with the hosting, the problem was with the smtp server sorry..
To get gmail smtp work, you must put in smtp server ssl://smtp.gmail.com:465 ...

Thanks for the link, this information is extracted from there!!

Back to topPage bottom

Either way it appears that your FREE hosting is limited to only certain aspects of the Bytehost Servers, and that can be a pain with something as complex as Icy Phoenix.

OT:

And I can't be sure that you haven't infringed their licence and TOS in circumventing their script to add your curl image handler MOD.

Maybe you should clarify that with them too. ?

Back to topPage bottom

Thing is, Lopa.

I got problems with the smtp in IP aswell.

And my hosting is paid for, and my hoster got his own smtp server.
Mail directly from the board runs well, but if i setup the smtp, everything goes in the sh...er.

Back to topPage bottom

Mate,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall any bug posts about people having problems with IPv1.3* and SMTP where the Bug-Trackers could have a look at it and test it with different servers.

Servers are funny things - some disable SMTP because they don't want it used for bulk-mailing / spam etc.

Don't know? -  IP-SMTP would need to be tested and the problem either confirmed or squashed. And that of course will depend on how many tests are done and how many different hosts are used.

Back to topPage bottom

OT: I don't think i infringed their TOS, because the allow_url_fopen was off by security reasons..
Anyway, i will talk with them to clarify this..

Back to topPage bottom

OT:

I was only concerned that you may one day go to your site and the whole thing has disappeared because of what could have been an infringement of the rules.

Most don't even issue warnings for that sort of thing - they just remove everything.

Back to topPage bottom

Sorry for the OT:

Yeah, i understand you. This had happened to me two times. But this host seems to be more serious than the two with i have troubles. Those hosting didn't delete my acccount, just one day, they close their hosting to everybody!!. I don't think this happens with byethost. I think that if that happens, they will warn everyone, but this is only sure with paid hostings, unfortunately.
And, in byethost, as i have read, they don't delete everything, they close the account, and if you have a very good reason, they reactivate your account again.

If i would have a credit card, i would pay a hosting and a domain, but i don't have one, and here, the "local" hostings may cost ten times more than the hosting that i can pay by credit card.

Back to topPage bottom

Well google limits the ammount of emails that you can send at a time limit and if you have got a growing community then it would be a problem to manage.

Its much better to switch to a paid host. where you will get their smtp servers to use and send much more mails then google allows.

NiroseSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List