Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Can Somebody Help Me With The Theme Solaris 

Hi Guy's,
First of all good job with phpBBXS, looking good and runs like oil
I have a question, i want to add a theme called Solaris to phpBBXS, the theme runs under phpbb 2.0.21, i really like this theme but i dont know how to add and where to place all the links that phpBBXS provided. Is there somebody willing enough to find out for me how to change and edit that theme or willing enough to change that theme for me so i can imported with all of the links and modifications into phpBBXS, maybe usefull for everybody who likes this theme and would like to run it with phpBBXS.
see the homepage from the maker of solaris on  http://www.jakob-persson.com/downlo...80bb9bd59e97185
and there is a free license for using this theme with any phpbb platform.
This person has a lot of nice themes to use with any platform of phpbb versions only we have to change them mannually.
I hope somebody is willing to help me out.
Greeting and many thanks
Lord Peter

LordpeterSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Can Somebody Help Me With The Theme Solaris 

Hi Lordpeter, there isn't really an easy way of importing a theme, due to the large dependencies on mods like categories heirarchy mod, and some things that are intrinsic to XS. Sadly I haven't really got time to actually do any of this for you. But I will tell you how to do it

For my own theme I made on my site, what I did was take an existing ca_aphrodite template **Edit: in IP it is the mg_theme, unless you install one of muratti's themes**, and change existing elements to suit your taste. This is how all themes are made, including the MG themes here - making new templates from old ones! There are just too many templates to make anything completely from scratch, (indeed, few things are really built from scratch in this world).

The basic steps are...

1) Copy and rename ca_aphrodite directory **in IP mg_theme directory** to the theme name of your choice.
2) Rename theme/ca_aphrodite.cfg to theme_name.cfg - this must be the same as the directory name
3) in theme/overall_header.tpl, look for
<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/ca_aphrodite/style_{TPL_COLOR}.css" type="text/css" />

replace with

<link rel="stylesheet" href="templates/theme_name/style_{TPL_COLOR}.css" type="text/css" />

4) In ACP, install the "new style".
5) Keep tweaking it 'til you drop.

For starters, a quick way to change a layout is to...
1) Set the template colour to something close to the theme you want to copy (in ACP >> styles).
2) Look at the solaris theme running on your own phpbb "test" site or wherever else. Identify any cell pics you like - e.g. from your browser, right click on table headers/title bars to view image/properties, so you know what the name of the image is... then do the same in your phpBBXS site for corresponding table - take note of location and name. Copy the solaris image you identified to the xs identified location, e.g. /templates/theme/images or /templates/theme/colour/images, and rename the solaris file to match the name of the identified file in xs if they do not match... (thats pretty much all that was done to create the MG themes here!)

3) If you need to go further... stylesheets

There may be other differences, such as hover effects - I've not seen Solaris, so I don't know. If there are, then this will need to be changed in the stylesheet. You can compare stylesheets between the solaris css file and your theme/style_color.css, although there will be a lot of different definitions in the ca_aphrodite derived one. You can, however, relate certain effects you like by viewing the corresponding template file, viewing where the effect occurs (e.g. if a hover effet on a link, then you might see <td class=nav-links><a href="blah")... refer to solaris css file, look for .nav-links a{ or #nav-links a{

duplicate/replace those lines into the ca_aphrodite derived style, and change the appropriate template file(s) accordingly, e.g. from <td><a href="blah"> to <td class=nav-links><a href="blah"> You get the idea...

Eventually you will end up with something like what I've made here - **Edited to point to my old experimental theme site, due to server problems on my original site**

Last edited by moreteavicar on Tue 05 Feb, 2008 11:19; edited 4 times in total 
moreteavicarSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Yes, Jakob did very good templates for phpBB I really like them.

At the moment I'm really busy in fixing bugs... but when I have a stable release I'll try to port some nice templates.

In the meantime you can follow the moreteavicar advices to try to adapt it.

P.S.: moreteavicar, nice job on your site.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
P.S.: moreteavicar, nice job on your site.

Thanks...

BTW the XS "derivative" refers only to changes I've made... it is not A69!

Back to topPage bottom

Hi guy's,   
moreteavicar and mighty gordon thanx for the usefull help and tip, i'll will try it out.

Greetings LordPeter

LordpeterSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

You're welcome

PS... don't forget if you  want you can submit your theme here

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL