Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Photo Album 

We had a big event this past weekend.

I have suggested to the users of the website to go to the Album link, Click on the Category, "12 Sep 09 - March on DC" and upload their photos.

I have created a forum called Photos where I was hoping to display all of the photos from the March.  I then clicked on, "Insert image from album: ".  

That is not what I want.  I wanted to be able to display all of the pics not just one.

Am I doing this wrong?

Is there somewhere that I can go to read instructions on Photo Albums?

Thanks,

Dave

Version of MySQL: 5.0.81-community-log
Board started: 2009/07/18 - 11:50
Registered Users: 123 as of 17 Sep 09

christmanrdSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a - Photo Album 

You can use slideshow to display them on Index for example. with an delay of lets say 5 sec or more

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Check this post out, and if you need the code - Just Quote TheSteffen as if you were actually going to respond, and all the code should be visible.

h**p://***.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic...light=slideshow

More so, you no doubt could add all the static pics you want from the Album - But you would have to know the url's for each one that you want to add. I mean C'mon - it's not normal to have Album features in posts - that what the album is there for.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Check this post out, and if you need the code - Just Quote TheSteffen as if you were actually going to respond, and all the code should be visible.

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic...light=slideshow

More so, you no doubt could add all the static pics you want from the Album - But you would have to know the url's for each one that you want to add. I mean C'mon - it's not normal to have Album features in posts - that what the album is there for.

I understand it  is not normal.  I ask the question, "am I doing this right?"

1.  I created a Category for the Album by going to ACP>>Album>>Manage Category>>Add Category>>12 Sep 09 - March on DC.

2.  I have told everyone to upload their pics into this category.

3.  I want to be able to either have a slidehow on the homepage or have them scroll on the homepage.

4.  Should I move all the pics to a different area?

• All Pictures
 • OTF Gallery
 • Hot Or Not
 • RSS Feed 1.0 | RSS Feed 2.0
 • Users Personal Galleries
 • Your Personal Gallery

5.  That is why I ask if there was a HOW TO DOC on Photo Album.

Maybe, I should try to explain myself differently in these posts.  Sorry

Thanks,

Dave

spydie wrote: [View Post]
You can use slideshow to display them on Index for example. with an delay of lets say 5 sec or more

For some reason, I can not get the slide show to work.

update:  6:40am est 15 Sep 09.  It's been about 24 hours and no reply.  I have to leave for an emergency.  A death in the family.  I should return on 16 Sep 09.  Is it possible to find a resolution to this problem.  Follow this link and then click on Slide show.  A picture opens but there is no slide show Public Categories Click on Slide Show.  Thanks.

Back to topPage bottom

christmanrd wrote: [View Post]
update:  6:40am est 15 Sep 09.  It's been about 24 hours and no reply.  I have to leave for an emergency.  A death in the family.  I should return on 16 Sep 09.  Is it possible to find a resolution to this problem.  Follow this link and then click on Slide show.  A picture opens but there is no slide show Public Categories Click on Slide Show.  Thanks.

I'm sorry about the death in your family, but let me remind you of something: Your request above is nothing but an ORDER that YOU NEED THIS FIXED AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE.

We do this for nothing and if it doesn't suit you then by all means GO TO some licensed forum software that you pay for and would expect 24/7 support. "Follow this link - Do this - Do that, 24 hrs NO REPLY!

Honestly - This forum here is a benchmark for ALL things Icy Phoenix, and if the Album "Slide Show" doesn't work here then Icy Phoenix has a BUG. So why don't you try a comparison check between here and your site and not expect every one else to do it for you.

Back to topPage bottom

Quote:

I'm sorry about the death in your family, but let me remind you of something: Your request above is nothing but an ORDER that YOU NEED THIS FIXED AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE.

You see that is why I would much rather pick up a phone and talk to someone.  I hate trying to express myself in writing. I never do a good job at it.

The 24 hour thing was because, I knew it had been 24 hours and you guys are starting to come to the boards and try to help.  That is the average waiting time that I have experienced and have never complained about it.

Anyway, the intent was to let you guys know that I will not be around to answer your posts or replies.  That is all.  I totally understand that you guys do this on a volunteer status.  I was hoping that maybe you or someone would see something on the link provided that a novice such as myself would not recognize.

I truly apologize that my writings and the way that I have worded it here has upset you.  But after reading what you wrote and then re-reading what I wrote, I can see that it could have been taken wrong.  I did not have that intent at all.

Now, again I ask my original question,  "If there is a HOW TO DOC on Photo Album? "

I ask this question because

• I do not know what I am doing.
  • I probably made a mistake somewhere.

Thanks for all your help.

Dave

Back to topPage bottom

OPEN: album_showpage.php

FIND:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
        //$slideshow_refresh = '</body><body onload="runSlideShow()">';
        $slideshow_refresh = '<script type="text/javascript">onload_functions.push(\'runSlideShow()\');</script>';

REPLACE WITH:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
        $slideshow_refresh = '</body><body onload="runSlideShow()">';
        //$slideshow_refresh = '<script type="text/javascript">onload_functions.push(\'runSlideShow()\');</script>';

ChaoticSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Chaotic:

That fixed it.  The slide show looks nice.

Thanks,

Dave

Back to topPage bottom

And I'm sorry that I was a bit strong with my last response too Dave.  

But this is another occasion of where the fix is "hidden" in a thread called Photo Album, which could mean anything.

And I DO think that there SHOULD be another STICKY thread for temporary code fixes that CAN be cleaned up when the fixes become Official.

In this case and for other temporary code fixes the thread could aptly be named Temporary Fixes > Photo Album Slide Show Not Working.

And they wonder why we go NUTS!  

Back to topPage bottom

I do not know if this will help or not.  

Before I ask questions here, I always try my best to see if there is a post that closely resembles what I am asking or I go to the HOW TO DOCS and look through them.

One thing that I have noticed is that I can not figure out which old topics I can use for Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a (if any).  Yes, there are some items posted and listed as OLD TOPICS that would work or are close to what it is that I am having the difficulty with but, I would not dare use them because they are listed as OLD TOPICS.  I assume they can not be used for Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a so I don't use them.

Presently I have as of today, 123 registered users since 18 July 09.  Because of this, I have found that the majority of users have no clue how to even, Post A Topic, change Profile, etc so, I have had to create and design my own HOW TO docs for my users and have found that PICTURES work (LOL).

Quote:

Lopalong:  And I'm sorry that I was a bit strong with my last response too Dave.

Again, I state my apologies for not explaining or wording my thoughts differently.  I was in a hurry, packing and preparing my personal life.  At the same time, trying to keep everyone informed of my upcoming absence for a couple of days and my 5 hour (one way) drive which I did not want to make but, I had to do the right thing for the family.

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List