Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Install Problem 

I get this error no matter what I do fresh install please help....

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/landrser/public_html/streetracerforum/icyphoenix/install/includes/mysql4.php on line 46
Could not connect to the database

DatsEvolutionSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Install Problem 

Are you sure your values for connecting to your database are right ?
When happened this bug ?

Fresh Install 1.3.0.53 > no problem ?

Generally, every " could not connect to the database " are problems of login ... ( I mean that user name or password are maybe wrong. )

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Server Problem.  

h**p://***.google.com.au/search?q=L...lient=firefox-a

Also! If this is YOUR url - streetracerforum.com - It's parked.

But as you don't even have a .com or .net etc, in the url you posted, what exactly is the url you are you trying to connect to?

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
Server Problem.  

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=L...lient=firefox-a

Also! If this is YOUR url - streetracerforum.com - It's parked.

But as you don't even have a .com or .net etc, in the url you posted, what exactly is the url you are you trying to connect to?

home url-http://landrservices.com/streetracerforum

redirect url- http://www.streetracingforum.info

CHMOD 777
CHMOD 777
../backup    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../cache    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../cache/forums    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../cache/posts    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../cache/sql    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../cache/topics    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../cache/users    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../ctracker/logfiles/logfile_attempt_counter.txt    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../ctracker/logfiles/logfile_blocklist.txt    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../ctracker/logfiles/logfile_debug_mode.txt    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../ctracker/logfiles/logfile_malformed_logins.txt    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../ctracker/logfiles/logfile_spammer.txt    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../ctracker/logfiles/logfile_worms.txt    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../downloads    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/album    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/album/cache    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/album/med_cache    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/album/users    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/album/wm_cache    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/posted_images    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/screenshots    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../files/thumbs    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../images/avatars    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.
../logs    Ok This File/Folder exists and its permissions have been applied correctly.

All CHMOD permissions seems to be fine. You can proceed to next step.

http://landrservices.com/streetrace...all/install.php

changed the database pass again all info is correct still gives me same error i am completely stuck and stumped.

Current Databases

landrser_gllr1     database    
landrser_gllr1     user

landrser_gllr2     database    
landrser_gllr2     user

landrser_phpb1     database     ------------------ this is the one im trying to connect to.....................
landrser_forumdb     user ..........................and this is the user im using...............................
landrser_phpb1      user

now i get this but only when i leave as local host not hostmonster.com which is the host site name....??

An error occurred trying to update the database
Table 'ip_acronyms' already exists

Back to topPage bottom

It usually is "localhost" and not something.anything because that's how it works. And it's rare that it would be any different.

You'll probably have to access your Cp - phpMyAdmin and drop the tables and then try again with "localhost"

BTW - change your /icyphoenix/ to forum or something more appropriate.

Back to topPage bottom

It usually is "localhost" and not something.anything because that's how it works. And it's rare that it would be any different.

You'll probably have to access your Cp - phpMyAdmin and drop the tables and then try again with "localhost"

BTW - change your /icyphoenix/ to forum or something more appropriate.

forgive me for sounding like a noob here but great info I think your right but how do I exactly do that

I know how to get to the phpMyAdmin just not sure what to do from there..

Thanks---David.

Back to topPage bottom

Usually, when you subscribe to any hosting service, they send to you, during process, all the informations you need to use it ( by mail ). You shall find in all you need to complete successfully your installation ( db user & password, db host, etc ... ). Sometimes you can also find it in one of the pages when you connect to the site.

Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. landrser_forumdb     user ..........................and this is the user im using...............................  
  2. landrser_phpb1      user 

But this, it really sound strange to me : normally, the user value you use to connect to the site is the same than for connect to the database via .php or else. ( Dunno if I understood well what you wanna say ... )

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

omg im such a dork ok fixed and installed whoooo LOL

Back to topPage bottom

You may also want to read this ----->

phpmyadmin tutorial

Because you're going to need to become conversant with it.

Back to topPage bottom

You may also want to read this ----->

phpmyadmin tutorial

Because you're going to need to become conversant with it.

thank you so much for all your help I'll be back If I have more questions

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List