Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Moving Buttons In BP Same As Standard PhpBB Templates? 

I used the following code on my own forum to move the PM and email buttons from under a post to inside the posters profile:
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. template: viewtopic_body.html  
  2. search for...  
  4. Code:  
  5.                    <!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->  
  6.                       <br /><b>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</b> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}  
  7.                    <!-- END custom_fields -->  
  8.                 </span>  
  10. and add after...  
  12. Code:  
  13.                 <br />  
  14.                 <!-- IF postrow.U_PM --><a href="{postrow.U_PM}">{PM_IMG}</a> <!-- ENDIF --> <!-- IF postrow.U_EMAIL --><a href="{postrow.U_EMAIL}">{EMAIL_IMG}</a> <!-- ENDIF -->  

UPDATE...
Well I just tried adding this code and it does not do anything with this style for some reason. I figured the template for viewtopic_body.html would be the same for all styles, but it obviously is not. Yes - I refreshed the style after the edit. No effect. Bummer:(

Can anyone please suggest an alternative code - my son really wants this like my forum.

brewsterSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Moving Buttons In BP Same As Standard PhpBB Templates? 

No help on this or my following questions?

Back to topPage bottom

I've done the same to test it and it works fine (looks bad but works fine ....LOL)

i did purge the cache before checking though  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
I've done the same to test it and it works fine (looks bad but works fine ....LOL)

i did purge the cache before checking though  

Maybe because Black Pearl is not using the code properly - like with subsilver2 theme. It is not centering the profile, nor is it MOVING the email and PM buttons - it's just copying them and leaving the originals.

Back to topPage bottom

brewster wrote: [View Post]
nor is it MOVING the email and PM buttons - it's just copying them and leaving the originals.

well if you add this code and don t remove the old code yes that will happen, i m not suprised to hear that, you need to remove the old code when the new code is added somewhere else

it looks bad in my personal opinion because the way this is written those buttons no longer allign in height with the other buttons anymore

Back to topPage bottom

brewster wrote: [View Post]
nor is it MOVING the email and PM buttons - it's just copying them and leaving the originals.

well if you add this code and don t remove the old code yes that will happen, i m not suprised to hear that, you need to remove the old code when the new code is added somewhere else

it looks bad in my personal opinion because the way this is written those buttons no longer allign in height with the other buttons anymore

Remove WHAT old code - this code is supposed to just be added to the existing. It works fine in subsilver2 without removing anything.

What exactly looks bad about this, from my subsilver2 forum..

Everything is perfectly aligned and centered.

Back to topPage bottom

and they are at always the same HEIGHT as the quote button and such? i would be amazed if they were

Edit: i am not familar with subsilver but if the buttons are not there to begin with??? then yeah why remove the code?? but like i said i have not seen that style in along time

Back to topPage bottom

and they are at always the same HEIGHT as the quote button and such? i would be amazed if they were

Edit: i am not familar with subsilver but if the buttons are not there to begin with??? then yeah why remove the code?? but like i said i have not seen that style in along time

I don't understand what you mean by "at the same height". The snapshot is what all the profiles on my forum look like. Centered, with the email and profile buttons moved from under the posts to the profiles. The original style has no buttons and nothing is centered, just like Black pearl.

Back to topPage bottom

i mean PM and profile are in one line with quote edit and delete horizontally if it is unmodified in black pearl, i m not talking about pro or subsilver because this board does not cover that

so what i mean is the horizontal allignment of the buttons

Back to topPage bottom

i mean PM and profile are in one line with quote edit and delete horizontally if it is unmodified in black pearl, i m not talking about pro or subsilver because this board does not cover that

so what i mean is the horizontal allignment of the buttons

I assume you mean do the PM and email buttons in profile align with the remaining buttons in posts? No - of course not, because additions to profiles - like ranks, rank images, avatar sizes, would all change the vertical height of each profile. I don't really care about that - I want to eliminate the duplicate buttons for PM and email from under the posts, move them into the profiles, and center the profile up. Even adding
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. td.profile {  
  2. text-align: center;  
  3. }  

does nothing with this template - and it does in both ProSilver and subsilver2 - which are the phpBB3 default styles. Mind boggling. In fact from what I can decipher, there are 3 distinct selectors covering just the profile!

Back to topPage bottom

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
                <!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
                    <br /><b>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</b> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}
                <!-- END custom_fields -->
            </span>
                <br />  
                <!-- IF postrow.U_PM --><center><a href="{postrow.U_PM}">{PM_IMG}</a> <!-- ENDIF --> <!-- IF postrow.U_EMAIL --><a href="{postrow.U_EMAIL}">{EMAIL_IMG}</a></center> <!-- ENDIF -->  
        </td>

would this help?

Edit: for deletion you may want to check the left and right viewtopic, i m not sure so be careful back it up before doing anything  

user details.jpg
Description: looks like this 
Filesize: 10.41 KB
Viewed: 192 Time(s)

user details.jpg

Back to topPage bottom

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
                <!-- BEGIN custom_fields -->
                    <br /><b>{postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_NAME}:</b> {postrow.custom_fields.PROFILE_FIELD_VALUE}
                <!-- END custom_fields -->
            </span>
                <br />  
                <!-- IF postrow.U_PM --><center><a href="{postrow.U_PM}">{PM_IMG}</a> <!-- ENDIF --> <!-- IF postrow.U_EMAIL --><a href="{postrow.U_EMAIL}">{EMAIL_IMG}</a></center> <!-- ENDIF -->  
        </td>

would this help?

Edit: for deletion you may want to check the left and right viewtopic, i m not sure so be careful back it up before doing anything  

Almost:)  That centers the 2 buttons, but doesn't align center the "online" button or the ranks image and text. Also not seen is ... does it REMOVE the PM and PROFILE buttons from under the posts?

I have since edited the profile to remove the rank text while leaving the image.

Back to topPage bottom

you could just try moving the first <center> tag i added ..up in the code

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List