Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [SOLVED] Problem Uploading Images (OWNER & GROUP PERMISSION) 

Hi all!  

I was on an old server and too slow, so I move the entire forum to a new server more powerfull and capable. What did I do? On new server, I installed las Icyphoenix version from the beginnig, uploaded all attachment, user files, and album pics, and last, I upload the Database.
All was perfect, except and error with uploading images.

I think it's a CMOD permission problems.

All users that were created before the forum was move can't post images. Always have same answer: Only PNG, JPG and GIF extensions are allowed.

Ok, you create a new user, and this user can upload perfectly any image. And as you know, when new user uploads an image, server creates in "files/posted_images/ID_USER" the folder from that user.

If you go to the FTP and check CMOD permissions on new user, are 755 but created by user and group 99, but on users that were created before uploading to new server, has CMOD = 755 but user is 519.

I've managed to change to 777 or whatever, and no success...

So I asume that when a folder is created throught forum has an "especial" CMOD...

Could be that? There's any idea?

Users are asking to kill me  

I attach two images to see the difference.

Support Data:

* URL: www.porscheonline.es
* phpBB Icy Phoenix version: 1.3.0.53
* Patches: No
* External Modifications: No
* Uploading or new Install?: New Install.

New.JPG
Description: This folder is created by the "forum software". I created a new user and make him to post a new file. Automaticly the software forum created this folder, but look, it's a 99 owner. 
Filesize: 31.96 KB
Viewed: 71 Time(s)

New.JPG

Exist.JPG
Description: User that was created before the forum was moved, and now this folder is uploaded to the new server. 
Filesize: 31.95 KB
Viewed: 79 Time(s)

Exist.JPG

Last edited by StuKeR on Mon 09 Nov, 2009 11:22; edited 1 time in total 
StuKeRSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Problem With Uploading Images (Extrange Error) 

I have CHMON 755 in folders, and CHMOD 755 in files (posted_images) so I think that's not the problem.
I think the problem is in the files permissions, I explain myself. When you update by script all files, it uses "nobody" user and all files and folders are created by this user. If your user is not allow to access "nobody" files you cannot do anything with them.

You can have a look on it and check if new users have the same propietary as older ones.

EDIT: I have not seen before your images.
You can try to ask your hosting to change the folders propietaries to 99 (user 99 "nobody", and group 99 "nobody") to see if it helps.

Good luck!

tiolaluSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Problem With Uploading Images (Extrange Error) 

tiolalu wrote: [View Post]
I have CHMON 755 in folders, and CHMOD 755 in files (posted_images) so I think that's not the problem.
I think the problem is in the files permissions, I explain myself. When you update by script all files, it uses "nobody" user and all files and folders are created by this user. If your user is not allow to access "nobody" files you cannot do anything with them.

You can have a look on it and check if new users have the same propietary as older ones.

EDIT: I have not seen before your images.
You can try to ask your hosting to change the folders propietaries to 99 (user 99 "nobody", and group 99 "nobody") to see if it helps.

Good luck!

Surfing throught google, I get how to change the folder propietaries. Thanks to your reply I understand how it works, so I asume that "Nobody" is user 99. I changed all folders and files to this user and group, and now WORKS.

Sorry if first question was stupid, but I'm NOT friend of linux  

I mark "SOLVED" on topic!

Thanks again, Titolau!

StuKeRSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List