Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Ajax Shoutbox 

Hello,,, I have been using IP for 3 or 4 years on three sites that I admin.  I have required very little support and I have done well gleaming the site for information I need to make the few changes I have customized.  This change now I am trying to do seems to be a little beyond my limited php/mysql abilities.  

None of my sites I use IP for are commercial in any way.  Gaming sites etc.  The most recent one I just set up on www.warriorclan.info for my brother who is involved with the mafia Wars game primarily on Facebook.  Their group has over 800 members and they will be flooding this site very soon once they distribute the word to the rest of their group that the site is up.  So I am trying to prepare for their increased activity.

First,, they seem to chat using Ajax Shoutbox most of the time.  There could potentially be 50 or 60 users in chat at one time.  My question is can Ajax Shoutbox handle this?  I know it is primarily a restriction based on the server running the site , but for now I don't THINK that would be too much of an issue since it is hosted by 1and1.  I am just wondering if I should consider using a third party java based chat box such as 123 Flash Chat or similar?

Next, my brother has put quite a few smileys in but that SEEMS to slow the site refreshes down.  The idea would be to remove the smileys from the top of the Ajax Shoutbox and just put a link to a window that would open the smileys in a popup for them to use.  I can't seem to find the tpl file that generates that listing of the smileys.  I can remove them and put a link for the smiley popup window but I can't find where it is generated in the tpl files.

Also, many of the links they are trying to send to each other ("Coffee" links for Mafia Wars?  Whatever they are  LOL) are very long and they have to use something like tinyurl to reduce the length so they can post them.  Is there a way to increase the maximum length of a posted link in Ajax Shoutbox?

Last, I want to remove the date from the ajax shout and only leave the time.  That would leave more room for chat and since they will be chatting nearly all day,, the date is irrelevant to be displayed.

I imagine if I find the file(s) that format the shoutbox, I can figure much of these out.    I have posted a pic of the ajax shoutbox as it is now for your reference.

Thanks and sorry for presenting multiple questions in one post,, but they are all relevant to the Ajax Shoutbox.  
 capture

JaculusSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Ajax Shoutbox 

Wow... what timing!

I have worked on AJAX Chat whole yesterday and this morning!

I have implemented the possiblity to have private room for users to chat (still to be debugged...).

Anyway, AJAX Chat included in Icy Phoenix is not suitable to have more than 10 users online at the same time... or at least I wouldn't use that Chat for such a traffic load.

Better using Flash Chat which costs just 5 dollars and has many options which could help you in managing all the requests you have.

DWho is just porting this into Icy Phoenix, if we succeed in creating the module we will share it here.

In the meantime if you want to remove date:

OPEN includes/ajax_shoutbox_inc.php
FIND
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
            $time = utf8_encode(create_date('Y/m/d - H.i.s', $row[$x]['shout_time'], $config['board_timezone']));

REPLACE WITH
            $time = utf8_encode(create_date('H.i.s', $row[$x]['shout_time'], $config['board_timezone']));

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank YOU!    So there will be a more featured version of Ajax Chat soon,, that is good news.  May I ask some of the other things you are working on putting in it?    I am specifically concerned about the ability of it to handle 20 or 30 chatters at once even if they are all in the same chat/room.

Thanks again though for the reply.

Also,, if you need to have a test of the new chat you are looking to debug,, send me a PM I can and would give you the FTP details for this site.

Back to topPage bottom

Jaculus wrote: [View Post]
I am specifically concerned about the ability of it to handle 20 or 30 chatters at once even if they are all in the same chat/room.

I doubt you will be able to handle so many users using AJAX... is a matter of technology...

If you need to handle so many users the only way to go is using a dedicated chat software.

Back to topPage bottom

Just looked at Flash Chat,,  for a one time license and it will integrate with the existing forum database/accounts,,, WHAT A BARGAIN!  LOL  serisouly,, when it is ready (even if it has a few potential issues) let me know,, I will be implementing this on all the sites I use IP on but this one particularly needs it.

May I ask for a time frame on when it MIGHT be done?

Back to topPage bottom

Me and DWho are still trying to debug Flash Chat integration...

If you want to help, extract Flash Chat into a folder called "chat" in Icy Phoenix root and add these files to chat/inc/cmses.

Then install the package by choosing "phpBB 2" as bridge.

Let us know if it works.

flash_chat_ip_integration.zip
Description: Flash Chat Icy Phoenix Integration 
Download
Filename: flash_chat_ip_integration.zip
Filesize: 4.08 KB
Downloaded: 138 Time(s)

Back to topPage bottom

I am working on the profile problem and there are a couple of errors in the admin page... but will update as soon as I have sorted hat part out

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I am giving it a try real quick this morning before I head to work.  One note,, the install.php file for chat that is provided by flash chat does need the define('CT_SECLEVEL', 'LOW');  command in it otherwise it presented the CrackerTracker warning and would not complete the install.  It will be something you may want to consider putting in your final installation instructions for the IP integration files.

Edit:

DRWho,, you said you was working on the admin interface?  

I uploaded the flash chat install files into root/chat  and then uploaded the three files you provided above.  I installed Flash Chat and selected PHPBB2 as the CMS type.  

It works fine and does integrate using the logins from the IP site as it should.  My problem is I can not admin the chat.  It does not put any admin files or templates for ACP to access settings for Flash Chat.  I see their documentation for integration to a phpbb2 site  (  http://www.tufat.com/docs/flashchat/phpbb.html and  http://www.tufat.com/docs/flashchat/whos_chatting_phpbb.html ) but there appears to be no admin template or php file to do any setup of the lounges or specific user rights.  

Did I miss something?  Or am I to just wait for DrWho's admin fixes?

Back to topPage bottom

The admin fixes are only for php5 on your server... so if you do not have any errors when logged into admin then you should be ok...

To admin the chat you goto... http://yourdomain.com/chat/admin  there you will see the admin interface..

hope that helps

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

That was it,,, i should have known to look at the /admin page  i guess I was kind of figuring that it was to be integrated into the ACP or CMS page on IP.  No biggie,, this works,,,,

Thanks for the support

Back to topPage bottom

until  Icy Phoenix 1.2.0.27a Flach chat from tufat  worked well, unless open profile users in chat rooms
From edition Icy Phoenix 1.3.. is the problem with admin panel

Jaculus wrote: [View Post]
,, this works,,,,

work on you;
you have Icy Phoenix 1.3??

CostaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

yes it works on warriorclan.info   still need to integrate it to the site with some links and put code in for the who's chatting etc,, but other than a couple problems with a few users on firefox it seems to work fine.  It authenticates users based on their forum login etc too.

The Chat on warriorclan.info is just the default ajax chat right now,,, i am having users just go to the warriorclan.info/chat page to start it for now until I get it fully integrated and set up themes etc.

Back to topPage bottom

sorry maybe I have not asked properly

The Admin Panel of Tufat Chat is working ??
and the tufat chat is not Stand Alone install?

to show for chat rooms ect u can use something like this as a block from CMS Pages ICY
<iframe allowTransparency="true" src="/chat/info.php" frameborder="0" resize="no" scrolling="none" border="0" width="176" height="160" STYLE="font-color: white; font=family: verdana; font-size: 8pt"></iframe>

CostaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Admin panel does have a couple errors at the top like DrWho stated.  All the functions seem to work other than the ANNOYING CRACKERTRACKER messages for most all the functions of the admin table,  I assume that is part of what they are working on.  

About the integration to the site showing who is in which rooms,,, i have not done that yet.  But i did run http://www.warriorclan.info/chat/info.php outside of a iframe or block in the site and it works so really no reason why it should not work as a block or addition to the main site.

Edit,,

Now i did run into a problem,, I will put the original code back   but I tried the beta code version 6.something  LOL  It does not work with the integration files you provided   you get

Quote:
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/sessions.php on line 499: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /chat/flashchat.php:14)
[Icy Phoenix Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/sessions.php on line 500: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /chat/flashchat.php:14)

Just letting you know it will not work with newer version

Back to topPage bottom

What is the code of chat/flashchat.php line 10-20 ?

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List