Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Poll Issue Unable To Vote, (Black Pearl) Plz Help! 

I've used the Request from from phpbb hope that was ok but thought it was a good way to give you the info needed! sorry if its not the done thing!

Firstly just like to say thanks for the style its one of the best about imo and this is why i'm asking for support coz i want to keep it!

Anyway onto question!

Support Request Template
    What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.6
    What is your board's URL? http://madtaffy.c-burns.co.uk/forums
    Who do you host your board with? A mate (cburns)
    How did you install your board? Someone else installed my board for me
    Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
    Do you have any MODs installed? No
    Is registration required to reproduce this issue? Yes
    What styles do you currently have installed? Black pearl; ca black; chrimbo; prosilver
    What language(s) is your board currently using? English
    Which database type/version are you using? I Don't Know
    What is your level of experience? New to PHP and phpBB
    What username can be used to view this issue? test
    What password can be used to view this issue? ubermpower
    When did your problem begin? From initial install
    Please describe your problem. Users cant vote on a poll, when selecting one of the options from the poll you get a error message: The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

I've used the preview option in admincp and used the prosilver style and i was able to submit a vote and i've read some threads/posts on this issue and found one on the Black Pearl but it seemed to be a result of upgrading from a previous version of phpbb and not upgrading the style also, ive read quite a few threads posts on this subject but don't see the exact circumstances i have and instead of hijacking the other threads i thought it best to start my own, i hope this was o.k. As far as i'm aware i have the latest black pearl version downloaded off phpbb a few weeks ago which is compatible with the version of phpbb3 i have,

please be gentle as i'm a complete n00b but i do have a brain and have a fair understanding of the admincp controls, imageset files/folders etc. and i can follow instructions LOL!

I didn't install the forum a friend did but it was using the files i gave him which were all downloaded from phpbb and there has been no mods installed as of yet.

You can View a poll here: http://madtaffy.c-burns.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16

Any help would be appreciated and many thanks in advance

Regards MT

MadTaffySend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Poll Issue Unable To Vote, (Black Pearl) Plz Help! 

Hi MadTaffy,

The info given is great but it actually should not have been posted in IcyPhoenix support (maybe someone can move this to phpbb support for you)

what is actually missing from this info is the version-number of black_pearl you have installed and a few weeks ago is about the time the new version of black_pearl was released (so you might have the older version for phpbb3.5 installed instead)

so can you confirm you are using black pearl version 1.6.0? (you can open black_pearl/style.cfg to check), if you are using 1.4.6 you need to update black_pearl to the latest version found here>> http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2659&start=0

i hope this helped alittle  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

hey joshua203,

thanks for the heads up and my bad sorry about wrong section, wasn't sure as i seen other style support question in here but this is a bit of both phpbb and style issue, my next question was going to be how do i make sure i have the correct version of black pearl so thanks for the info, i shall check and let you know how i get on, appreciate the reply bud!

Hopefully its the wrong version and its a simple fix of just updating the style......fingers crossed hey!

If it is a case of updating the style i'll be back to ask if it can be done without effecting the site as it is now and a "How To" would be great, but i'll get back to you on that LOL!

Cheers and thanks again its appreciated  

MadTaffy

EDIT: yep its the 1.4.6 version, i've downloaded the 1.6.0 version from the link you provided thanks for clearing this up for me, i will try to install it using information found on here and elsewhere i'm sure there is plenty of threads on the subject, thanks MT

FINAL EDIT:
All sorted, this is how i done it for anyone else that has the same issue,

1. download latest version of Black pearl 1.6.0 here http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2659&start=0
2. Access database with your ftp client
3. open forum/styles/
4. transfer new Black_pearl version (when it asks to copy & replace select "yes all")
5. open forums/cache
6. delete everything in cache folder except for .htaccess and index.html files
7. Enter your site Admin control panel
8. open styles / open imagesets and refresh black_pearl

9. If you have changed your logo and any other mods you need to re-edit your images and edit your imageset configuration file (imageset.cfg)  
10. All Done!

Thanks Joshua203 for your help

MadTaffySend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

you re welcome, but you did most of it yourself so.. good job  

i would personally prefer flushing the cache in ACP instead of deleting files manually and if i had mods installed... i would use winmerge to compare the new to the old files, this way you would not delete all the mods allready installed by the replacement of the whole file, giving  a chance to remember if something is a mod or an update

but i must admit i m still on phpbb 3.0.5 and BP 1.4.6 myself because i can t find the time nor the peace of mind i need to do it ATM  

BTW compliments on your board ... looks good but since i noticed you pushed the right side text in the header into a little corner of the screen... incase you would not want that text (board title and description) at all ...it is easally removable to be able to use the full header pic instead

Edit:
Quote:
my bad sorry about wrong section, wasn't sure as i seen other style support question in here but this is a bit of both phpbb and style issue

don t worry about it ..i m sure someone will move it to phpbb section soon

black pearl can be used on both Icyphoenix and phpbb, so when you use black pearl on phpbb you post in the phpbb styles section

Last edited by Joshua203 on Fri 25 Dec, 2009 14:26; edited 1 time in total 
Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Moved to the right section, and thanks MadTaffy for having solved the issue on your own.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List