Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post HOSTING - Modifying PHP.INI Variables For Use With Icy Phoenix. 

Icy Phoenix regularly requires more than the Default or Global php.ini that is usually applied as the base .ini for most servers.

To change the default php.ini you need to do either of two things.

Check first if you already have a php.ini file in the Root or Public Folder of your server space.

1. IF YES! See if it contains all of the variables below. If it doesn't, then add all or whatever string is missing.

2. IF NO! Create a file called php.ini and include all of the script below. Upload in Binary and chmod to 705.

Note: IF you are using "Free Hosting" and depending on who your free host is, SOME or ALL of these changes may have no affect whatsoever; as many free host's use other scripts to prevent the Global php.ini from being altered in this manner.

In that case, it is NOT an Icy Phoenix problem and you will need to first address your problems with your server-provider.

Spoiler: [ Show ]

Edited by Guest, Wed 09 Sep, 2009 01:51: Removed the Server (Global) PHP.INI file.

Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: HOSTING - Modifying PHP.INI Variables For Use With Icy Phoenix. IP V1.3* 

And there it is! Another wonderful how-to from Lopalong!  

This is a great one. Many people do not know about php.ini on .../{public_server_root}/.....

BTW, php.ini only works on windows systems!!   

EDIT: Stricked as that is wrong

Edit (again): Yup, it is better to change the public_html to a var. That will avoid confusions. Thanks Lopalong!

Edited by novice programmer, Tue 08 Sep, 2009 14:31: Stricked as that is wrong
Edited by novice programmer, Tue 08 Sep, 2009 14:34: Yup, it is better to change the public_html to a var.
Edited by novice programmer, Tue 08 Sep, 2009 14:41: Corrected the bbcode.
novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: HOSTING - Modifying PHP.INI Variables For Use With Icy Phoenix. IP V1.3* 

novice programmer wrote: [View Post]
BTW, php.ini only works on windows systems!!  

This comment is wrong, misleading, unnecessary and disruptive to this thread. Inasmuch it opens avenues for unwanted questions about problems that neither apply or don't exist.

Please remove it.

I also did not define public_html deliberately, because that is NOT always the case for the name of the "Public Folder".

Back to topPage bottom

I confirm that PHP.INI works on any server... it's not OS based.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

It is not OS based? Damm, then I have a fail on my php server config running over ubuntu, it does not reconise .ini files as configuration values handlers....  

And I have checked the *.ini files on the public folder inclusion values.

BTW, I was sure I moved this topic to the Docs...

Mental note:

Off Topic
:
I do not have do moderate at too late times at night after being on my local festivities for hours. That should avoid fails like that one.

Moving...

novice programmerSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Excelent... I have modified my php.ini file! But i also have enabled safe_mode.. Is there any problem with this?

DanielcSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: HOSTING - Modifying PHP.INI Variables For Use With Icy Phoenix. 

This Daniel, should answer your question.  

h**p://au.php.net/features.safe-mode

As you will be able to see - It's deprecated anyway, and will not be there in PHP v.6.

I've also now considered the having the "Full" PHP.INI available in this thread was a mistake, and will no doubt lead to more questions about overall server configuration etc, rather than focus on the requirements of Icy Phoenix.

So I have removed it.

Back to topPage bottom

Lopalong wrote: [View Post]
This Daniel, should answer your question.  

http://au.php.net/features.safe-mode

As you will be able to see - It's deprecated anyway, and will not be there in PHP v.6.

thanks i have been looking for this too..

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Spam post removed.

Edited by buldo, Mon 04 Jan, 2010 12:29: Spam post removed
pleasergodSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

sometimes is useful  the spam  
Now I noticed how useful is this Post from Lopa

CostaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi!

I will explain something that is important and take too much time for me to understand.

Spoiler: [ Show ]

Normally your hosting have DSO or SuPHP.
With DSO automatic php functions will create files and folder with "nobody" or "99" user. That's easy to know, just enter by FTP and look into the files folder, if the users folder and images files are of the propietary and group 99 (or nobody) your hosting has DSO configuration and you cannot modify PHP configuration through the php.ini file. Talk with the server support.
Why hostings use this? Because is faster than others options, so less CPU consumption.
With SuPHP you will own all your files and maybe you can configure your own PHP configuration. I have said maybe because the sysAdmin can let you do that or not. So, talk with the server support too in order to know how you can do it.

And that's it

tiolaluSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List