Newbie - Not Able To Add Style In Phpbb 3.0.6

Subject: Newbie - Not Able To Add Style In Phpbb 3.0.6
I have searched for the answer, but I cannot find the answer.

1. I orginally ftp the "Black_Pearl" to my styles directory. Everything works. But since I need a blue background and not a black, I found that there is a "Blue_Pearl" also. So I ftp that style to my systems directory (the same folder that the working BlackPearl is located). However, when I go to the "Styles" it doesn't show up. I went to the "General" tab and selected "Purge the cashe" but that doesn't fix it.... What am I doing that will not allow the new style to show?

2. On the Black or Blue Pearl, I want side bars like this website. http://www.88id.com.br/forum/portal.php How did this guy do it? Is there a mod to allow for side bars? When I do a search for Side Bars nothing shows up. Is there another name for sidebars?

Profile PM  
Subject: Re: Newbie - Not Able To Add Style In Phpbb 3.0.6
to your second question.

This guy is using portal mod.

search for portal in phpbb forums

BTW: can someone move this to PhpBB please

hi there,

i m not sure why you tried this way, why not upload it, install it like you did with black_pearl and then de-install black_pearl?

eventhough i m not sure if your way could be causing unwanted sideffects (i guess not) you could try going to the styles tab in ACP and refresh the template and imageset ...maybe even clean your browser :wink:

personally i would re-install blue_pearl the way it should have been because i m sure it will at least confuse you one day or another in the future the way it is now:mryellow:

Topic moved to "phpBB 3 MODS And Styles"

Profile PM  
Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
hi there,

i m not sure why you tried this way, why not upload it, install it like you did with black_pearl and then de-install black_pearl?

eventhough i m not sure if your way could be causing unwanted sideffects (i guess not) you could try going to the styles tab in ACP and refresh the template and imageset ...maybe even clean your browser :wink:

personally i would re-install blue_pearl the way it should have been because i m sure it will at least confuse you one day or another in the future the way it is now:mryellow:

EDIT: Ok, I got the thing working.... I killed the Black_Pearl, then reloaded it again... Then instead of using the Blue_Pearl, it loaded the Rainbow_Pearl.... Everything worked. So I'm thinking my down load of the Blue_Pearl was corrupted...
The Below is prior to this edit, please disreguard.....
---------------------

Sorry for posting in the wrong area...

I think I'm confusing most of you since I truly haven't learned the correct/proper words to describe my problem. Sorry about that, I will try to explain it better.

I didn't get the Black_Pearl working. As you can see, it is loaded in my styles on my phpbb3.0 board. However, when I found that there was actually a Blue version available, then I ftp that to my styles directory, just like I did with the Black_Pearl. See picture.

However, even through it shows up on the Cpanel in the styles directory, it is not showing up in the styles tab of my phpbb ACP.... See picture.

So, I though maybe you can have only 4 styles loaded. So I removed the X-treme style (thinking the Blue_Pearl would show up. It didn't.

So, I'm confused what I'm doing wrong. Are you guys saying I can't have the Black_Pearl on my styles ACP and the Blue_Pearl on at the same time?

Theme not showing1.png
Description:  
Filesize: 38.14 KB
Viewed: 198 Time(s)

Theme not showing1.png

Theme not showing2.png
Description:  
Filesize: 38.64 KB
Viewed: 181 Time(s)

Theme not showing2.png

Profile PM  
well i was suprised to see this too so i tried checking something

first of all i could not find blue_pearl between the other downloads until i downloaded it from the styles demo, if you did that same thing you ll probably notice that you ve only downloaded some graphics and not the style like in your black_pearl version, this is why it it did not show up for install

this is possibly done to make a light style switch possible but i m guessing now, maybe someone else can explain the how's and why's

I guess you downloaded the wrong style version (Icy Phoenix and not phpBB 3)...

Get the style from here:

http://www.icyphoenix.com/styles/styles.php?cat_id=phpbb3

http://www.icyphoenix.com/styles/st...d=rainbow_pearl

Thanks for the links....

I'm actually still trying to learn this stuff and I truly don't know what I'm doing. I know I was doing something wrong. I truly thought that there was a limit of how many themes you could have.... Thanks for helping me....

Profile PM  

Page 1 of 1