Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Help Installing A Portal 

Hey I have been trying to get a portal to install while using the Black Pearl skin and have been met with so much frustration and failure, I have been trying to get it to work for over 3 weeks now with no luck, I was hoping you could help, is there a specific portal you have to use or some kind of code that needs to be modified or am I just installing it all wrong???  I have tried installing like 6 different portals getting them all to work with the original subsilver2 and prosilver skins, it works no problem but I don't like those skins and wanted to use your Black Pearl skin, if you could help me out it would be awesome, thanx!!!

Mije5733Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Help Installing A Portal 

well it s kinda hard helping out on this one when you don t tell what you did and where it went wrong or even provide a link so some of us here can see where it went wrong

i think any portal will work on  black pearl.. especially if it comes with subsilver2 install instructions

you really need to provide some info or something to look at so that someone can see what it is you re doing wrong

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Well just to simplify it as much as possable maybe you can just give me step by step instructions for installing B3P Black Pearl on the Black Pearl skin, there was an install.xml but when I open it with dreamweaver it is a bit hard to understand, also there is no contrib folder, just Root Folder, Install.xml, license.txt, and modx.prosilver.en.xsl, this is what I am working with, if you need any more details just let me know!!!

Back to topPage bottom

sounds to me like you got some incomplete package

it should contain a contrib, root and an xml folder
and also the 3 files you mentioned

the step by step you ask for should be in the xml folder called subsilver2.xml

you said in your first post it worked on subsilver ..this also confuses me cause how did you manage to do that without having the xml folder   ?

PS... ooh almost forgot ..you should open the install.xml in your browser  

Back to topPage bottom

Oh ok, well that would make more sense, do you know where I can get the complete version of it???

EDIT///

Ok I tried it again and still get errors, this time with the chat:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'photoshopbuscouk_486445_db1.testforum1_chat' doesn't exist [1146]

I am very frustrated, if you guys could help me out with a portal and chat that works with black pearl then I would be so grateful, thanx!!!

Back to topPage bottom

hi again .. to your first question .. phpbb.com ..search the modifications database for the portal

..i m reading your edit now ...if i think i can help i will edit this post (because of the 24 hour waiting rule for second posts )

edit: you actually should not send me on a sherlock holmes trip... but i did pull out my magnifier anyway

visit this url and read what it says:

http://photoshopbus.co.uk/TestForum1/portal.php

Edit 2: your chat looks just fine to me

Edit 3: make your life easier and stick to one modification at a time

Back to topPage bottom

Yah I ended up figuring out what I was doing wrong with the chat, but still the same problem with the portal, this is the error I am getting:

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/ph/ot/os/photoshopbus.co.uk/public_html/TestForum1/adm/index.php  on line 25

Now this is the lines 24-28 in that file:

// Start session management
$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup('ACP/common');
// End session management

Also I get this error when in the site:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function request_var() in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/ph/ot/os/photoshopbus.co.uk/public_html/TestForum1/UCP.php  on line 22

Here is line 21-30:

// Basic parameter data
$id     = request_var('i', '');
$mode    = request_var('mode', '');

if ($mode == 'login' || $mode == 'logout' || $mode == 'confirm')
{
    define('IN_LOGIN', true);
}

And finaly when I try to get to the page you showed me I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function session_begin() on a non-object in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/ph/ot/os/photoshopbus.co.uk/public_html/TestForum1/portal.php  on line 37

This is line 35-41:

$user->session_begin();
$auth->acl($user->data);
$user->setup(array('viewtopic', 'mods/easyPortal'));

//Make sure all our ducks are in a row, ie. no missing config entries

Thanx again for all your help!!!

Back to topPage bottom

i had a quick look at this and i have a feeling you should contact your hosting company regarding phpbb functions (wich ones are enabled and wich are not enabled)

if you post other errors like this please mention when you get them ..i mean what page you are trying to reach when you get the error

i can confirm two.. the one when hitting the main portal page and the UCP page, the first one you mention must be when you are somewhere in your ACP pages, just try to be as clear as possible

in short first i would contact my host and get information about usable/enabled php functions, i must admit i m in over my head at this problem so if anyone else reading this knows more ...please post

EDIT:
i noticed your normal index.php now shows the same error, did you modify anything else inbetween ?? maybe to the chat?? anything else?

Back to topPage bottom

Yah I had to modify the index.php for the easy portal, apperently it's not as easy as it said LOL, I seem to be able to get the chat up ok, but when I try to get the portal going it all goes bad, and yah you are right it was the ACP I was accessing when I got that error, after all the modifications to the files I was supposed to activate the portal in the ACP but got that error when trying to do so!!!

Back to topPage bottom

i read back in this thread a little ...are you using dreamweaver for all your edits?

if so ..please don t, use notepad++ or PSPad to edit instead, i was recently told (by MG) PSPad is the better one, both are free and open source just like phpbb, if you google for either of them you will find  links to sourceforge net where you can read about and download them

this could be the cause of many troubles you ve encountered (maybe all) i think  

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List