Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Moving IP From Server To Server Has Got Me Beat! 

I downloaded the whole site and the database following the tutorials on here, zipped my files up to the new host and bigdumped the data base and nothing works
whenever I type in the URL of the site it skips straight to the Install/install.php directory which Is not there anyway????

certainly got me totally beat anyone know or give a hint at what could be going wrong?

loobossSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Moving IP From Server To Server Has Got Me Beat! 

Your config table which was configured for your former server and certainly not the new one ... So, step by step :
1st) Go in your DataBase (using PhpMyAdmin or else) and go into ip_config and then adapt the following lines :
server_name
server_port
script_path
(they are page 2 I think, maybe 3). Adapt it to your new server. The first line might be your simple url like that : http://yoursite.com/. The second line might be 80. The third line is where is placed your folder from the root.

2nd) Go check your file config.php (root) and adapt it to your new MySQL server.

It might fix almost everything ... Ah and don't forget to erase the cache ! (go into http://yoursite.com/adm/erc.php and you can do it from here).

YrosSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Yros wrote: [View Post]
Your config table which was configured for your former server and certainly not the new one ... So, step by step :
1st) Go in your DataBase (using PhpMyAdmin or else) and go into ip_config and then adapt the following lines :
server_name
server_port
script_path
(they are page 2 I think, maybe 3). Adapt it to your new server. The first line might be your simple url like that : http://yoursite.com/. The second line might be 80. The third line is where is placed your folder from the root.

2nd) Go check your file config.php (root) and adapt it to your new MySQL server.

It might fix almost everything ... Ah and don't forget to erase the cache ! (go into http://yoursite.com/adm/erc.php and you can do it from here).

I tried that adm/erc.php link as I had done everything else right and after a a bit of cleaning it all started too come together

thanks!

still the album images dont show up  just the thumbnails??

Back to topPage bottom

looboss wrote: [View Post]

Clear all the photo cache in your admin section under photo album

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

DWho wrote: [View Post]
looboss wrote: [View Post]

Clear all the photo cache in your admin section under photo album

no that wasnt it, I found the solution by moving all the old images from album to album/user  which is a directory missing in my old version of ip
thanks anyway.

it's nearly perfect now, apart from a character set discrepancy

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List