Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post [MOD IPv1.3.0.*] Rich Object BBCode Constructor (Facebook Wall - Alike) 

Hi all. I'm new here, so - not sure if it's correct forum/subforum, however, here goes...
Modification Name: Rich Object BBCode Constructor

Modification Description: Links posted to the message field are replaced by BBCode, generated based on the Rich Object technology (similar to Facebook wall)
Modification Version: 1.0

Demo URL: h**p://xbb2.com/
Demo Username: not required
Demo Password: not required

Requirements: any BBCode-enabled system

Features:
- Rich Object fetching
- Multi language support
- Page Rank protection for the generated links(optional)
- Configuration API (URL parameters and Javascript)

Screenshots:
Quote:
When the Rich Object BBCode Constructor is installed, the Message Form will have small icon on the left top corner.

Quote:
The icon higlightls when mouse moves over. User can click the icon, or just paste well-formatted URL into the message.

Quote:
When the system detects new URL, this box will appear.

Quote:
After "Ok" is clicked, the system will fetch the URL.

Quote:
URL is fetched. Note - we have the page name now. User may click "Preview" to see how the generated BBCode will appear in the message.

Quote:
Preview shows how the BBCode will appear in the message.This URL has a thumbnail to display.

Quote:
"Ok" pressed, the BBCode goes into the message.

Installation:
1. Open: templates/default/posting_body.tpl
Find:  
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. <textarea 

Add before:
  1. <script type='text/javascript' src='h**p://xbb2.com/b.js?FlashMode=1'></script> 

2. Open: templates/default/xs_topic.tpl
Find:  
  1. <textarea 

Add before:
  1. <script type='text/javascript' src='h**p://xbb2.com/b.js?FlashMode=1'></script> 

3. Open: templates/default/privmsgs_read_body.tpl
Find:  
  1. <textarea 

Add before:

Any questions: suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

trofSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: [MOD IPv1.3.0.*] Rich Object BBCode Constructor (Facebook Wall - Alike) 

nice job. trof

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [MOD IPv1.3.0.*] Rich Object BBCode Constructor (Facebook Wall - Alike) 

I don't see how it can be a MOD for Icy Phoenix when the Javascript is coming off-line at "src='http://xbb2.com/b.js"

I also agree with this post:

http://fluxbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=36810#p36810

Quote:
Can I also suggest you make the javascript and swf files part of the mod rather than linking to xbb2.com? I don't know who's website that is, but I personally wouldn't install this mod because it involves trusting whoever owns that website, which, no offence if it's yours, but I don't.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

should be easy to download that js file and make the corresponding changes. depending on the licence of that script.

hopefully opensource

Back to topPage bottom

spydie wrote: [View Post]
hopefully open source

Nope! That's what makes it worthless as a MOD for any Open-Source software.

http://xbb2.com/b.js

Script Header:

//(c) xbb2.com, 2010. All rights reserved.

That's why I'd avoid it with a ten-foot Pole, German, English, Croat, Japanese or Calathumpian!

Hehehe!

Hell! it's New Years Eve, and I've got a few more wines and beers to sample before the mouse runs up the clock! So it's Ta-Ta from me!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

BTW - this mod got approved by phpBB =)
h**p://***.phpbb.com/customise/db/m...de_constructor/

trofSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

even the oficial site has a phpbb3 plugin for direkt download of this mod.

Back to topPage bottom

trof wrote: [View Post]
BTW - this mod got approved by phpBB =)
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/m...de_constructor/

The fact of the matter is ->

If YOUR website is down - The MOD is useless to anyone who has installed it be it phpBB or any other forum software.

Read this and maybe you can tell me why people should trust you to control javascript that is directly injected into their forums?

http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/m...is_down-t_89053

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

anyway.

new icy got better bbcode options

Back to topPage bottom

It also appears that phpBB.com has removed both the so-called MOD and the post I linked to in the previous post, in which the writer was also amazed that phpBB was stupid enough to OK a MOD that wasn't a MOD.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
It also appears that phpBB.com has removed both the so-called MOD and the post I linked to in the previous post, in which the writer was also amazed that phpBB was stupid enough to OK a MOD that wasn't a MOD.  
phpBB reviewed this mod and put it back online:
h**p://***.phpbb.com/customise/db/m...de_constructor/

trofSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

anyway, I want install that mod on my sites, cause i don´t like not known mods, crawling round my sites.

it might do what it says it does, but it might aswell try to do some unwanted things on the site, and if i don´t see the script itself, so i can review the code, and it is´nt GPL open source, i don´t want it

Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
//(c) xbb2.com, 2010. All rights reserved.
Exactly same thing like Facebook Connect MOD   I bet in the Facebook javascript you will find something like (c)Facebook... and in Google Wave, and...

spydie wrote: [View Post]
anyway.

new icy got better bbcode options
No doubts! It's not to replace Icy BBCode system, it's pretty much designed against a user who sees any BB site for the first time, reluctant to read anything about BBCode, but loves to post something like:
Hey dudes, look at this awesome thing: h**p://and_here_goes_long_meaningless_and_ugly_url

trofSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

anyway. it looks like your script is beeing rejected on other forum script sites aswell.

with nearly the same reasons when here.

I´m not saying that all Icy users reject it, but i would prefer a Monster (included in Icy script like a standalone plugin) like you said in one of your posts on other sites, when a script not hosted on my own server.

Back to topPage bottom

trof wrote: [View Post]
phpBB reviewed this mod and put it back online:
http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/m...de_constructor/

phpbb wrote: 
NOTICE: This MOD includes files from an external source. Please be cautious when installing and using this MOD and ensure that the advertised functionality is received. If you experience, suspect, or find a security issue with this MOD due to the remote file(s) please report it in detail to the MOD Security Tracker so that a member of the MOD Team can review and take appropriate action.

Hardly "Glowing Accolades" isn't it?  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List