Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Black Pearl For PhpBB 3.0.8 Corrected For S_TIMEZONE Zone (breadcrumbs.html) 

Hello.

I had a problem with the template called Black Pearl version 1.6.3 for phpBB 3.0.8

The thing is that when not logged in the S_TIMEZONE appeared in a new line so that part of the forum looked weird and the corner didn't show up, because of the new textline, or something like that.

I found the solution here: h**p://***.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=2112175

phpbb.com wrote: 
Open breadcrumbs.html

find

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<div class="bc-links-left">{CURRENT_TIME}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->&nbsp;|&nbsp;{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ENDIF --><br />{S_TIMEZONE}</div>

replace with
<div class="bc-links-left">{CURRENT_TIME}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->&nbsp;|&nbsp;{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<br />{S_TIMEZONE}<!-- ELSE -->&nbsp;|&nbsp;{S_TIMEZONE}<!-- ENDIF --></div>

There they talk about the file styles/black_pearl/template/breadcrumbs.html but it also affects to the file styles/black_pearl/template/breadcrumbs_pages.html

I hope it's helpful for anyone.

Best regards.

HuanManweSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Black Pearl For PhpBB 3.0.8 Corrected For S_TIMEZONE Zone (breadcrumbs.html) 

Thank you for sharing this FIX.

Can you please try if this solves as well?

OPEN breadcrumbs.html and breadcrumbs_pages.html
FIND
<br />{S_TIMEZONE}

REPLACE WITH
<br clear="all" />{S_TIMEZONE}

If this will fix your issue as well, I'll apply to my styles.

Thanks again for reporting.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Black Pearl For PhpBB 3.0.8 Corrected For S_TIMEZONE Zone (breadcrumbs.html) 

I tried to reproduce the problem, inserting the old piece of code, but the problem didn't happen again. I cleaned the cache but even so I didn't see any change.  

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I inserted the code you told me and worked fine too, but as I told you I couldn't make the problem appear again.  

HuanManweSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Thank you for sharing this FIX.

Can you please try if this solves as well?

OPEN breadcrumbs.html and breadcrumbs_pages.html
FIND
<br />{S_TIMEZONE}

REPLACE WITH
<br clear="all" />{S_TIMEZONE}

If this will fix your issue as well, I'll apply to my styles.

Thanks again for reporting.

I tried but it didn't work.....

EDIT: I simply resolved using template from 1.6.1 style that works fine!

Differences:

breadcrumbs.html v1.6.1

Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. <div class="bc-tbl bc-div"> 
  2.     <p class="bc-header"> 
  3.         <a href="{U_INDEX}">{L_INDEX}</a><!-- BEGIN navlinks --> » <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --> 
  4.     </p> 
  5.     <div class="bc-links"> 
  6.         <div class="bc-links-left">{CURRENT_TIME}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> | {LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ENDIF --><br />{S_TIMEZONE}</div> 
  7.         <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a><!-- ENDIF --><br /> 
  8.         <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --> | <!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_DISPLAY_SEARCH  --><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_SEARCH_UNREAD}</a> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a><!-- ELSE --> <!-- ENDIF --> 
  9.     </div> 
  10. </div> 

breadcrumbs.html v1.6.3

Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. <div class="bc-tbl bc-div"> 
  2.     <p class="bc-header"> 
  3.         <a href="{U_INDEX}">{L_INDEX}</a><!-- BEGIN navlinks --> » <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --> 
  4.     </p> 
  5.     <div class="bc-links"> 
  6.         <div class="bc-links-left">{CURRENT_TIME}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> | {LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ENDIF --><br />{S_TIMEZONE}</div> 
  7.         <!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH --><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a><!-- ENDIF --><br /> 
  8.         <!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN or S_LOAD_UNREADS --> | <!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN or S_LOAD_UNREADS --><!-- IF S_LOAD_UNREADS --><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNREAD}">{L_SEARCH_UNREAD}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> | <!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a> | <a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a><!-- ELSE --> <!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF --> 
  9.     </div> 
  10. </div> 

You don't need to edit breadcrumbs_pages.html, current version 1.6.3 is ok.

svkapSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

well i looked at some update files and came to a weird conclusion ..as far as i can see phpbb update did not include any breadcrumb file edits?

wich makes me think MG updated this because something else (older) was never updated?

i have not updated my own set up fully yet but as far as i can see ..

the left lines are always forced to be on two lines and if a user logs out the right lines could get so short that it needs only one line ( nothing is forcing the two lines there )

just my two cents ..i ll leave the fix for the master  

IMHO using the 1.61 version of the file(s) is not a good solution, as you can see there are some significant changes in there  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I've finally taken the time to update the lang and black pearl and the funny thing is i can not reproduce this bug at all

the right side text always seems to stay at least two lines both logged in and out, maybe  if this part is not properly updated (either in the language files or in both breadcrumbs files) the problem will start showing?

Back to topPage bottom

someone posting in the release thread at phpbb.com made me look at this again because not everyone has this problem after the update, what i suspected is ACP settings and now i can confirm that.

if ACP is set to "Enable topic marking for guests: yes" .... you' ll not see the problem

if ACP is set to "Enable topic marking for guests: no" ... you will see the problem

I still expect MG to post the official fix for this release if time will allow him, untill that time i guess  the fix posted earlier in this thread will fix it or changing the ACP settings will do that too  

Greetings,
...Joshua203

Back to topPage bottom

I'm not sure what happening here but I thought that this was fixed in another thread? However if the ACP setting are affecting the layout, then have a play with this.

Because with this, I can't see anything wrong even with the "Enable topic marking for guests" either Yes or No - - - - - Or maybe I'm not seeing what others think it should be doing?

Find:

{S_TIMEZONE}</div>

In Line After Add:

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->

So that it looks like this.

{S_TIMEZONE}</div><!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><br /><!-- ENDIF -->

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Well it's pending for an "official" fix, I 've seen more than one possible fixes and thought this was the thread with one of the good ones (otherwise i don t know where the other one is   )

Your fix may be the best i've seen now   , I never looked deeper because I could never reproduce what some users showed until earlier this evening  

Back to topPage bottom

Well,

From what I can see it's a <br / that is missing, and if it's put into the script, it needs permissions for how the lines will look either logged in or out?

I just had a look at the link in the first post and seen this ->

http://www.phpbb.com/community/view...6253&#p12906253

And that works too, although it appears to create an extra line -  

So why people are having problems with this before the "Official" fix comes out beats me.  

Don't know, but while there are theme support sites both here and at phpBB3 for MG themes, I can see where the confusion comes in.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]

Don't know, but while there are theme support sites both here and at phpBB3 for MG themes, I can see where the confusion comes in.

Well I think it's just weird if someone finds the new release here before it got validated at phpbb.com he/she opens a thread there and not here for support  

I know there was something in these subsilver breadcrumbs that MG did not like, this is why he tried a different approach (obviously not realizing this ACP setting existed)

I've noticed this extra line and that's why I did not like that fix, I don t even like this ACP setting set to no hehehehe

Anyway ...I have not tested your fix but I do believe blindly that it will work just fine and it's the best one IMHO, great advice Mort

Back to topPage bottom

I can confirm that MG's clear="all" doesn't solve the problem.

Major WedgieSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

i do hope you also read the other posts and solved your problem.. can you confirm that too?  

EDIT: there seems to be something very wrong with your imageset folder Wedgie (you need to clean it and re-upload the correct content)

Back to topPage bottom

Check the new style version in downloads or styles section. This bug should be fixed... even if Joshua doesn't like my fix!

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I'd rather just see the code changes to fix the problem!  Even if it's just the block of code for the breadcrumbs.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List