Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Problem With Importing Database 

Hello again,

for first I would like to say thank you for every time you try to help me with my problem.
Last time I had a problem with uploading and importing older database from old non-patched icyphoenix to the new version.

Now I have new webhosting and it all imports succesfully, but it comes this ERROR :

Quote:
Critical Error!
message_die() was called multiple times.
 Error #1
Could not query layout table

Line : 370
File : /home3/modnaobu/public_html/forum/ip/common.php
SQL : SELECT lsid, page_id, filename, global_blocks, page_nav, view FROM ip_cms_layout_special ORDER BY page_id
  Error #2
Could not open ./templates/mg_themes/mg_themes.cfg

Line : 1506
File : /home3/modnaobu/public_html/forum/ip/includes/functions.php

How can I remove this problem?

Thank you for your time,

regards to you all.

Mirko.

slavija333Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Problem With Importing Database 

Doesn't noone know about the problem?

Please help.

Back to topPage bottom

It seems like your template is pointing to an old theme installed.

Are you sure you updated the site correctly?

Check your themes table and see what is the default template.

In the update script that table is emptied and created again with only the default template (unfortunately very old Icy Phoenix styles are not compatible with this new version).

If you are a bit confident with MySQL you can try to fix that on your own by using something like this:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
DROP TABLE `ip_themes_name`;
DROP TABLE `ip_themes`;
CREATE TABLE `ip_themes` (
    `themes_id` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    `template_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
    `style_name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',
    `head_stylesheet` varchar(100) default NULL,
    `body_background` varchar(100) default NULL,
    `body_bgcolor` varchar(6) default NULL,
    `tr_class1` varchar(25) default NULL,
    `tr_class2` varchar(25) default NULL,
    `tr_class3` varchar(25) default NULL,
    `td_class1` varchar(25) default NULL,
    `td_class2` varchar(25) default NULL,
    `td_class3` varchar(25) default NULL,
    PRIMARY KEY (`themes_id`)
);
INSERT `ip_themes` VALUES (1, 'icy_phoenix', 'Frozen Phoenix', 'style_cyan.css', 'cyan', '', 'row1', 'row2', 'row3', 'row1', 'row2', 'row3');
UPDATE `ip_users` SET `user_style` = '1';
UPDATE `ip_config` SET `config_value` = '1' WHERE `config_name` = 'default_style';
UPDATE `ip_config` SET `config_value` = 'default' WHERE `config_name` = 'xs_def_template';

But please remember to backup your tables first and make sure you understand what you are doing... executing just this SQL statement will not solve your issue if you didn't upgrade properly.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank you for reply,

the thing is that Database is from old site, which I didn't repair for months now. The previous site, we never updated the software. Now we downloaded the latest Icyphoenix and imported this database into it. I really don't know my way around MYSQL, and I think my default theme was Frozen phoenix - with that orange banner.

I allready have a database backup.

For information, previous database had 147 Tables, maybe this means something And If I am not mistaken, previously it also didn't want to import nicely, because some black and white theme, which I couldn't find anywhere anymore.

Regards.

Mirko.

Back to topPage bottom

Would anyone repair this for me for a donation or a pay? I really don't know what to do and I don't get any answers.

Regards.

Back to topPage bottom

slavija333 wrote: [View Post]
The previous site, we never updated the software. Now we downloaded the latest Icyphoenix and imported this database into it.

You can't really do that, because Icy Phoenix chops and changes with regard to upgraded code and database functions. So you need to establish one thing:

What version is your database? - And if you don't know or understand how to determine that - Open A COPY of your database in an editor that's capable of handling it, and search for:

ip_version

You should get something like this:

('ip_version', '1.2.0.27c'),

And post your result here.

Then hopefully you either have a backup of the Icy Phoenix version that you used previously - or someone can make it available - - - - - THEN you will need to go through the upgrade process to bring it up to the "Latest" version of Icy Phoenix that you have downloaded.

And providing you have the "Old" Database, and ALL of the Icy Phoenix files (Uploads and Images etc) that were part of your "Original" forum, then chances are you wont lose anything.

So - Two things:

1. ip_version of your backed-up database?

2. Do you have a complete backup of your "OLD" forum files?

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hello AGAIN, something strange happened and I found that old 1.27 c ICYPHOENIX software from German site and added that missing style and imported the database from phpmyadmin. It imported succesfully, but now its other problems :

1. The site is like half blank with lots of ????? ( probably cyrillic character un-coded )

http://www.slavopedia.com/ip/index....a33f4f8e39c33bc - you can see here.

2. When I point out to the button forum and click on it, it goes to "old site and domain" and it says that it cannot be found.

How can I fix these two? And that the forum would look like before and working?

I didn't lost any topics nor nothing since it is :

Our users have posted a total of 34675 articles within 2105 topics

Thank you a lot !

Back to topPage bottom

My friend, you have not only possibly changed servers, but YOU HAVE changed your DOMAIN NAME - and it's the OLD domain that is in the database you used.

And this tells me that this is the case:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.slavic-unity.glavo.net/templates/ca_aphrodite/style_black.css" type="text/css" />

If you put this in your browser:

http://www.slavopedia.com/ip/templa...style_black.css

It will bring up your css file.

So do this: (This is hard-coded for testing only)

OPEN: overall_header.tpl and BEFORE the </head> put this string:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.slavopedia.com/ip/templates/ca_aphrodite/style_black.css" type="text/css" />

And while it may fix some of your css problems - it isn't going to fix the mess you have got into, because you are still using templates that have no resemblance to the the version icyphoenix.com uses.

Finding your OLD DOMAIN NAME in the db and changing it to your new DOMAIN NAME will help, but you will also have to add "ip" to the path. You will then have to upgrade it.

If it was me, I would go back to the previous version - EDIT the DOMAIN NAME and PATH in your SQL dump and get this thing back on line - Then it will be time to do more editing the SQL before upgrading to the latest version because you are going to have paths that will always want to take you BACK to your old domain.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank you mort for replying, as allways

So If I understood this CSS problem is minor.

That other, I need to change somethings in DATABASE? Looks like rocket science to me, can you atleast write me where specifically to look and where to change anything? Because I really don't know.

Also, I cannot access anymore into ACP, since it redirects to the "old domain".

Any help would be appreciated as allways.

Regards,

Mirko.

Back to topPage bottom

try this.

open your database file in an editor.

search for your first URL : old_domain_url

select replace all and replace with New_domain_url

save the file, zip it up and import it to your Database

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Looks like rocket science to me, can you atleast write me where specifically to look and where to change anything? Because I really don't know.

Oh Dear,

You do have an obligation to learn as much as possible about the applications you use and not rely on others to spoon-feed you. Else there will be a long time between drinks most of the time.

Anyway, as Spydie says put the dump in an editor and do a bulk change with search and replace - But you will also have to edit the site_path too.

Make sure the editor is capable of handling large files else it will truncate the file - Do not even try to use "Notepad".

I think I got this right - So try this. (AND DO USE A COPY OF YOUR BACKUP)

Find:

('sitename', 'slavic-unity.glavo.net')

Change To:

('sitename', 'slavopedia.com')

Find:

('script_path', ''),

Change To:

('script_path', '/ip/'),

Find: (Search and Replace)

slavic-unity.glavo.ne

Replace ALL!

With:

slavopedia.com

And of course, you could have gone to the location in the pic and edited the two MAIN inserts there to reflect your new domain and script path.?

db.png
Description:  
Filesize: 37.01 KB
Viewed: 161 Time(s)

db.png

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

It seems I will indeed be in debt many drinks

Well I changed all 43000 or how much was it of that old domain name with slavopedia.com.
This last thing, I can change later in phpmyadmin. Anyway I have to wait now, what will be, because my hoster is uploading bigger files ( mine upload limit is max 10MB ) So we will see. For the meantime thank you very much for your support, it pleases me people are willing to help and this forum ain't short of such people.

Regards, Mirko.

Back to topPage bottom

Well I changed all 43000 or how much was it of that old domain name with slavopedia.com.

Wow! 43,000 redirects!  

Well, I'm glad you learned something and that hopefully that will bring your forum back on line in a working condition.

Do you know that you can install your site on you own computer using XAMPP?

And all you need to do to the DB is exactly what you did here - Only the sitename would be 127.0.0.1 in most cases, and the script_path would be the root folder that you placed in htdocs. And also change the config.php to your local DB connection strings.

You could then practice as much as you like before you make changes to your "Live" forum.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I don't get it. I replaced all with that also replaced taht in config file, but its the same. Not even a slightest change, everything is as it was - even if I changed some 42000 matches with new domain and changed all of this. I am out of hope, mort do you perhaps have a minute or two in this week to atleast check my database? This is desperate ! Everything is still pointing at the same place!

Back to topPage bottom

clear the cache manualy

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode