Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Last Post Cell Width & Post Text Width Prosilver_ip 

A couple of questions!
Does anybody know how to alter the width of the  "Last Post" cell on the forum page, I'm using  prosilver_ip template.

Ive tried a couple of things in relation to the post below but nothing appears to work  

http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&p=51756#p51756

23_02_2011_18_08_35

Also How can I increase the width of the post text?

23_02_2011_18_10_13

batmanSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Last Post Cell Width & Post Text Width Prosilver_ip 

Hi again batman,

I haven't carefully read back in that other thread (just a quicky this morning)

But reading this again something in my memory says another line is the "forcing factor" to that box's width, I'm not really sure if it is explained in that thread but I searched the line I was thinking of in file TheSteffen refered to for IP...

Please try playing with this line:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    <td class="row1 row-center-small" width="180" nowrap="nowrap"{catrow.forumrow.LINKS_ROWSPAN}><span class="gensmall"><!-- IF S_BOT -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF --></span></td>

I think this will help you on your way on your first question, if not ..I got a good excuse ..I'm not an IP user  

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Its no wonder I'm pulling my hair out, just done that edit again i.e.

templates/default/index_box.tpl
<td class="row1 row-center-small" width="180" nowrap="nowrap"{catrow.forumrow.LINKS_ROWSPAN}><span class="gensmall"><!-- IF S_BOT -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF --></span></td>

And changed to

<td class="row1 row-center-small" width="300" nowrap="nowrap"{catrow.forumrow.LINKS_ROWSPAN}><span class="gensmall"><!-- IF S_BOT -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}<!-- ENDIF --></span></td>

And as before absolutely no change, that's after clearing the cache and even did a disc cleanup to remove temp files etc. even closed and reloaded the page in Internet Explorer, no change whatsoever.

So I tried in google chrome and the is bigger   Ive spent hours and hours now going through different files and applying new values and noticed no change, I almost gave up on this project as I don't ever remember having so many problems when editing basic template values etc.
A serious lesson learned, test in different browsers    

http://www.cage-aviary-birds.co.uk/fbv1/forum.php

EDIT Its not altered on FireFox either  

I can also alter do the edit  in templates/prosilver_ip/index_box.tpl and works perfectly in Chrome, but FF and IE are just not having none of it.
Maybe its time to look for something ells, these are basics that shouldn't cause any issues

Back to topPage bottom

The other topic (about phpbb that you linked to) showed similar problems (and I did give an extra warning about being crossbrowser compatible right? ), and even right now I have found an issue like this I don't love on my own boards (phpbb3) that I could not give a fast css fix yet.

I think this is the important word here.. "CSS", this fixed these problems in the other topic.

What I'm also trying to say is ... it's not just like this in Icy Boards! That box is just designed to stretch with its content.

Now I'm not sure what you have and have not tried allready but I would:
- edit both lines (I have a feeling you allready done that as it is obvious )
- and I would try adding an extra "class" along with "css rules" for it.

Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]

What I'm also trying to say is ... it's not just like this in Icy Boards! That box is just designed to stretch with its content.

Now I'm not sure what you have and have not tried allready but I would:
- edit both lines (I have a feeling you allready done that as it is obvious )
- and I would try adding an extra "class" along with "css rules" for it.

I second this Josh.

Maybe have a look at CSS, find the textbox and at an extra class to it so it does not stretch.

Or maybe the width is set to 100% in css , so change that to your needs.

And for what i can see.

it´s in Common.css and in style blue.css

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanks fellas, really is appreciated.
I guess I picked the most awkward style to use LOL
I just find it strange how I can alter it no problems in Chrome, that's the confusing part  
In FF it doesn't even show the  24_02_2011_18_23_44 Ill have another play, any ideas when adding an extra "class" what to ad?
As you say the box is designed to fit the content so maybe a case of altering its padding rather than physical size?
Thanks again fellas

Back to topPage bottom

I'm getting quite confused of the reason you want this edited..

at first i thought it was because when there is 0 posts the box gets very small compared to other boxes that do have posts, in this case a set width is the way to go i guess (but it has to be big enough to fit all content always to make all boxes always look the same)

now i think you just want some space before and after the content, in this case adding 2x &nbsp; will be enough ...one in fornt and one after:
{catrow.forumrow.LAST_POST}

Or more than one if you like

(EDIT: keep in mind that I have not tested anything I'm saying here and that advice from someone that actually uses Icy will probaly be a better advice )

Back to topPage bottom

Hya Josh yes its mainly so the content isn't right up against the border, maybe only needs altering slightly just so it looks a bit more centralised.

The easiest thing as I thought was to just make the box a bit bigger, but that's turned in to a bit of a nightmare   but yeh the padding will work out ideal.

Is the edit to be done in templates/prosilver_ip/index_box.tpl or default/index_box.tpl

Back to topPage bottom

I really would not know but since TheSteffen's  advice was about Milky Way and he refered to default ..i'ld say default (however prosilver_ip sounds good too   )...you should really await a reply from someone that really knows.

There's also something wrong in my last advice about the position of the &nbsp; (the more I look at it the more confused I get ATM) ...maybe it should be right outside the span tags???

Back to topPage bottom

I think Ill take your advice and hang on for somebody who knows exactly.

I think it maybe a case of adding left and right padding to this code? But not sure of what to include for it to work or even if this is the right area to edit    

<tr>
    <th colspan="{catrow.tablehead.INC_SPAN}" nowrap="nowrap">&nbsp;{L_FORUM}&nbsp;</th>
    <th width="120" colspan="2"> &nbsp;{L_TOPICS}&nbsp;/&nbsp;{L_POSTS}&nbsp;</th>
    <th width="180">&nbsp;{L_LASTPOST}&nbsp;</th>
</tr>

Ill weight for somebody who knows this stuff, I can then concentrate on doing the other stuff I want to do as this has taken forever and got so much other stuff I need to learn before I move the other site over to IP

Back to topPage bottom

I've just finished about 2,000 edits in a programme I'm working on - One more won't hurt.

I've done this by editing your forum in my browser cache, and I can only assume it's index_body.tpl?

Find this in index_body.tpl without the width:60%; and then add it.

You will probably only need one of them. And they are Not one after the other as in the code below.

<td class="row1" style="background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 60%; -moz-background-clip: border;

<td class="row1 row-center" style="background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 60%; -moz-background-clip: border;

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
I've just finished about 2,000 edits in a programme I'm working on - One more won't hurt.

I've done this by editing your forum in my browser cache, and I can only assume it's index_body.tpl?

Find this in index_body.tpl without the width:60%; and then add it.

You will probably only need one of them. And they are Not one after the other as in the code below.

<td class="row1" style="background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 60%; -moz-background-clip: border;

<td class="row1 row-center" style="background: transparent none repeat scroll 0% 0%; width: 60%; -moz-background-clip: border;

Meeeeeeeeppp.

Nope.

I would look in viewforum_body.tpl

and search for something like this

Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. <tr> 
  2.     <th colspan="2"><a href="{U_VF_TITLE_SORT}" title="{L_CURRENT_SORT}">{L_TOPICS}{VF_TITLE_SORT}</a></th> 
  3.     <th><a href="{U_VF_TIME_SORT}" title="{L_CURRENT_SORT}">{L_AUTHOR}{VF_TIME_SORT}</a></th> 
  4.     <th width="50"><a href="{U_VF_VIEWS_SORT}" title="{L_CURRENT_SORT}">{L_VIEWS}{VF_VIEWS_SORT}</a></th> 
  5.     <th width="50"><a href="{U_VF_REPLIES_SORT}" title="{L_CURRENT_SORT}">{L_REPLIES}{VF_REPLIES_SORT}</a></th> 
  6.     <!-- BEGIN rating_switch --> 
  7.     <th style="max-width: 100px;">{L_RATING}</th> 
  8.     <!-- END rating_switch --> 
  9.     <th><a href="{U_VF_LAST_POST_SORT}" title="{L_CURRENT_SORT}">{L_LASTPOST}{VF_LAST_POST_SORT}</a></th> 
  10. </tr> 

and this
Code: [Download] [Hide]
  1. <td class="row3 row-center-small" style="padding-top: 0; padding-left: 2px; padding-right: 2px;" nowrap="nowrap">{topicrow.LAST_POST_TIME}<br />{topicrow.LAST_POST_AUTHOR} <!-- IF S_BOT -->&nbsp;<!-- ELSE -->{topicrow.LAST_POST_IMG}<!-- ENDIF --></td> 
  2. </tr> 

Sorry for this one @mort

was just stumbling over this in templates/default

But batman. you should look for this in prosilver/viewforum_body.tpl

It should look nearly the same. maybe one line less in prosilver

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I see that spydie, but what do I edit or ad to it?
Is this making the box bigger or increasing the padding, or do I need to ad padding somewhere? I'm confused.com

EDIT: i give up its giving me a migraine LOL

Back to topPage bottom

Hya fellas, still looking for a solution to this problem

How can I increase the width of the post text?

prosilver_ip and IP 1.3.0.53b

23_02_2011_18_10_13

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List