Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Now Not Wanted - - Free Php Arcade Software ;) 

I've hunted the internet untill I've gone blind or totally confused or out of options to search any more for something I'd like to be able to use.

Perchance, does anyone know of any Games/Arcade script in ANY language that is "FREE - Stand Alone from any parent software such as forum software etc - Has the ability for users to register - Add high scores and generally be user-friendly when adding new games"

Free Arcade and phArcade are not one of them.

Danke,
Grazzie,
Thanks,
Hestavalista,
Conbitchybomb,
and all that stuff.

Last edited by mort on Sat 28 May, 2011 03:38; edited 1 time in total 
mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Wanted - - Free Php Arcade Software ;) 

The arcade for Icy Phoenix is not good ?

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Wanted - - Free Php Arcade Software ;) 

Tried it and it didn't work

As a matter of fact I posted two bugs with it that are still there. It's also the reason I went with phpBB3 and its Arcade (Which is a lot better than the one IP currently has) But! I still don't like that one either. Or phpBB3 for that matter.  

There's too much white space with the both of them, and IF they queried the DB for both odds and evens and had two columns of games L/R instead of just one and all the useless white space - Then I would probably re-write the templates to tighten it all up.

But that's not going to happen - So I've been looking for an alternative which is more professional looking and could possibly be bridged with IP.

I've just pulled 5 different arcades from a "French" site, and I'll be looking at them tomorrow. If there's something I think would suit IP, I'll post something here - And if there's not - IP would be better porting the phpBB3 Arcade (Which does really have some support) other than the outdated arcade it uses now.

Just an opinion!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: Now Not Wanted - - Free Php Arcade Software ;) 

I've decided to give this games thing a miss and don't require arcade games software any longer be it forum or otherwise.

So thanks anyway to anyone who was going to help!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Damn... too late...

I didn't know any though!

About phpBB 3 Arcade I agree.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Doesn't matter. I'm dropping the ozigames website, DNS and all stuff that requires a DB and just go back to creating a DVD with html and javascript so that the "Little People" can play without the need for the internet.

As a matter of fact - the whole damn ozigames site has proven to be too much of a distraction from what I set out to do.

So has this place!

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

If you are willing to waste some extra time, I can help you in porting phpBB 3 Arcade... I can help with PHP if you are willing to work with template files.

Back to topPage bottom

No thanks my friend because tying games to forum software is not something that I am passionate about. I did that with phpBB3 just recently and quickly lost interest in it because it's not what interests me.

If anything I would continue to re-work some of the Arcade scripts I have to make them high-score compliant with the various formats etc.

But I don't need to or want to do that either.

There must be a million games sites on the internet that kids are lured to, and in a lot of cases some of them are anything other than reputable.

So all I'm interested in at the moment is creating a games-site on DVD without any server software or SQL databases, that simply uses auto-start to launch from this point without quite as much "Decoration and Links" as in this (While it still is available for the next 24hrs) - - >

Demo: http://ozigames.net/arcade/index/gallery.html

That's where I'm coming from at the moment.

The only other thing I would like to do for Icy Phoenix is to port the three Dragonia styles at the above site for the next version of IP - - - And I don't need any help to do that!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

That's fine!

You may already know... but in case... there are some APACHE/PHP packages which may runs from DVD as well, the only problem is that you won't be able to use any cache/db feature.

Thanks for the templates porting to Icy Phoenix, I would appreciate.

Back to topPage bottom

Quote:
APACHE/PHP packages which may runs from DVD

I looked at this with XAMPP LITE with a Non-Specific-Drive as the engine - which of course I can use AutoRun to install that and the "Arcade" Script etc, etc, on localhost.

Problem is - If one already has XAMPP installed it conflicts - And not only that, not everyone is going to be able to or want to have a "Server" on their PC.

Better I keep it strictly html and JS I think.

Just for your interest.

The eight themes at the above site all use the same common JS scripts as a DB. So it's not really that hard to update all scripts even though there are about 140 templates.

Take a look at view source there - -

Hell! IP has more templates than that!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
No thanks my friend because tying games to forum software is not something that I am passionate about. I did that with phpBB3 just recently and quickly lost interest in it because it's not what interests me.

If anything I would continue to re-work some of the Arcade scripts I have to make them high-score compliant with the various formats etc.

But I don't need to or want to do that either.

There must be a million games sites on the internet that kids are lured to, and in a lot of cases some of them are anything other than reputable.

So all I'm interested in at the moment is creating a games-site on DVD without any server software or SQL databases, that simply uses auto-start to launch from this point without quite as much "Decoration and Links" as in this (While it still is available for the next 24hrs) - - >

Demo: h**p://ozigames.net/arcade/index/gallery.htmlflash chat for website

That's where I'm coming from at the moment.

The only other thing I would like to do for Icy Phoenix is to port the three Dragonia styles at the above site for the next version of IP - - - And I don't need any help to do that!  

And please excuse me my ignorance, what's Arcade for forum? I know what's arcade games but what for do you need them to be placed on your forum?  

maninblack51Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom

maninblack51 wrote: [View Post]

And please excuse me my ignorance, what's Arcade for forum? I know what's arcade games but what for do you need them to be placed on your forum?  

Because in the days of old when men were made of steel and ships were made of wood - Anyone and everyone was writing scripts for phpBB. And that included integrating arcade scripts so that members could fight amongst themselves and NOT be bothered with advertising scripts in the Games.

That's what for.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I have actually been getting some crazy ideas for forum-games, and have been looking for something open-source MMO that could be integrated with the user database system most forums have...

I found a few things,, some not finished, that could be of interest to you guys! I just started working with PHP/HTML & MySQL in the last couple years so what I know only goes as far as tweaking a couple lines here and there.

Off Topic
:
Everyday I tinker with more and more though... I am just a poor school kid that found IcyPhoenix while wishing I could buy vBulletin, I will not be making that purchase any time soon!  
I can't contribute much $$ right now (I promise I will though) and probably not a lot of brains either but let me know if there ever is anything!

The main game/game-engine that I found of GNU-GPL flavor is this though. And if you guys are interesed I would love to help!

http://www.glorylands.gr/node/2

I am also a very regular member at a huge and old forum I will link below, we have at least 20 guys there with various levels of programming knowledge that are chomping at the bit to work on something like this.

This thread here specifically. (My username in this thread is "turbohans")

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685290

HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Tying up a MMO and a board would be somehow really interesting (for a few people only, sure), but I don't know if it's really a good idea/if it really makes sens ... phpBB had ADR - someone tried to port it to IP, AFAIR but it has never been finished, from what I know. Just one thing : the game you linked is 2 years old (ANY update since 2x months).

InformproSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I looked at some GPL arcade stuff and like all things "OLD" - - Nothing worked without a major re-write just to get it started.

This here was bad enough with so many things left unfinished that it took months to re-write most of it. And surprisingly all of the other "Free" and not so expensive arcade software was and is, just as bad.

http://freearcadescript.net/forums/...98.html#msg1998

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List