Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post CUSTOMIZATION - Quick Easy Way To Add A Few Share Buttons 

Adding a Facebook, Twitter, and Google button to your IcyPhoenix is easy. In this post I would like to share with you a quick easy way to add the buttons I use on my forum. I did not need all the share buttons Icy came with and needed to ad a couple and thought of this really easy way to do it.

First of all I have noticed a good safe way for anyone to add them is by using the CMS configuration for the "Ads & Sponsors" using this will allow you to set permissions and set these buttons in certain places.

Main page for this configuration will look like this.
 sharecmsconfig

And individually the settings and code will look like this
indidualcmsconfigshare

I have noticed that only certain codes will work though, they either will or won't.
Folowing is the code for Twitter and Google that is safe to copy/paste to your site.

Google +1
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script>
<div class="g-plusone" data-size="medium" data-annotation="inline" data-width="20"></div>

Twitter
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
<a href="http://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="horizontal">Tweet</a><script type="text/javascript" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js"></script>

Facebook though you will need to set up a developer account and register your website as an app.
When you are finished with that, Share buttons will be available for any style you are using.
Should look like this.

Sidebar on the front.
sharefront

Veiwing topic.
sharetopic

Extreme styling makes editing the share bar pretty easy too. Just thought I would add for anyone looking for something quick and easy though.  

I should also add that this will work great if you add these as additional blocks in a similar way. If anyone has any questions about how to add them as standard blocks let me know.

Last edited by Hans on Fri 28 Oct, 2011 09:46; edited 1 time in total 
HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Quick Easy Way To Add A Few Share Buttons 

I'm new to coding, but I can't see what the illustrations are.
I can't see the actual buttons/links are installed

pompapahSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Very helpful!

aldrahmanSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

pompapah wrote: [View Post]
I'm new to coding, but I can't see what the illustrations are.
I can't see the actual buttons/links are installed

I do not understand what I am not clear about here? This is a simple way to add some "Share" buttons in the IcyPhoenix 1.0.53b instalation using the CMS configuration. There is no coding involved in what is described in the pictures other than obtaining the pre-made code from the appropriate place you want your viewers to share to. I removed my link because it shows in the pictures the domain of my site and I did not feel it was necessary to have in the post. (Did not want to look like a spammer either)

aldrahman wrote: [View Post]
Very helpful!

Thank you!

Back to topPage bottom

Hans wrote: [View Post]
I removed my link because it shows in the pictures the domain of my site and I did not feel it was necessary to have in the post. (Did not want to look like a spammer either)

Don't worry about that Hans, there is a big difference in posting useful related links and posting commercials  

Thanks for sharing

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Hans wrote: [View Post]
I removed my link because it shows in the pictures the domain of my site and I did not feel it was necessary to have in the post. (Did not want to look like a spammer either)

Don't worry about that Hans, there is a big difference in posting useful related links and posting commercials  

Thanks for sharing

Cool I appreciate the hard work you guys have done! Another reason I took it out though was I anticipated a domain change, my IcyPhoenix site is now at www.gplforum.com as of yesterday.   I still have yet to edit new buttons for that domain though.

Glad you guys like this little tidbit though, it's the least I could do.

Back to topPage bottom

Thanks for sharing that tip. Very clear and easy to comprehend.

wt4bmSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

wt4bm wrote: [View Post]
Thanks for sharing that tip. Very clear and easy to comprehend.

No problem! I have found that adding things such as those like/share links is actually done best when they are added as blocks rather than "Advertisements" as I have above. The process involved in adding something like that as a "Block" is almost identical to what you see above. The main think to think of is that this is easily handled by the CMS admin panel of IcyPhoenix.

happy posting!

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List