Icy Phoenix

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Forum Page Really Wide, What Did I Do? LOL 

Awesome! I noticed that also! You just confirmed what I was thinking. So to replicate the problem someone would need to enable "full features" and then reduce  a full-screen window on Chrome.

I would have had those edits you mentioned in place but somebody stopped to visit at my house, I will go edit those now.

Thanks mort!

EDIT:

Okay, I finished the suggested edits, the footer did not require any though. I will include both files below though.
Spoiler: [ Show ]

Cleared cache, works ok! Borders are little wider after that but that's ok.

2ND EDIT: (Changed edit in overall_header)

New edit;
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
</head>
<body>
<div align="center">
<div id="global-wrapper" style="width: 99%; text-align: left;">

Forum page will be wide after re-sizing from full-screen, however refreshing the page now fixes that with the above edit thanks to Mort.  

Last edited by Hans on Sun 22 Jan, 2012 10:49; edited 1 time in total 
HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

hans wrote: 
the footer did not require any though.

You've added a new div after "body" - Therefore you must close it off in the footer.

Header.

<body>
<div align="center">

Footer:
</div>
</body>
</html>

Otherwise you are only creating an unclosed wrapper and relying on the browser to sort out the error. - Not a good idea.

Anyway post it as a bug - because that's what it is when the css is not controlling both the width and the position of the template. And let MG sort it out because the <div align="center"> either needs to be acceptable to all nested themes that use the "default" templates, else he'll have to copy the header and footer.tpl to "Icy Phoenix" and apply the changes there.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
hans wrote: 
the footer did not require any though.

You've added a new div after "body" - Therefore you must close it off in the footer.

Header.

<body>
<div align="center">

Footer:
</div>
</body>
</html>

Otherwise you are only creating an unclosed wrapper and relying on the browser to sort out the error. - Not a good idea.

Anyway post it as a bug - because that's what it is when the css is not controlling both the width and the position of the template. And let MG sort it out because the <div align="center"> either needs to be acceptable to all nested themes that use the "default" templates, else he'll have to copy the header and footer.tpl to "Icy Phoenix" and apply the changes there.

Sweet thanks again, I guess I was not thinking. LOL I added that closing tag in the footer, last few lines in the footer file look like this now.
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
</div>
</div>
{GOOGLE_ANALYTICS}
</body>
</html>
<!-- ENDIF -->

As far as the title, I can't change that.

Back to topPage bottom

Two things.

Why do you feel you have to deviate from the suggested code below and add the footer </div> before {GOOGLE_ANALYTICS} ?

It may work for this - It may work for that - But one day {GOOGLE_ANALYTICS} may displace the closing </div> and only create more problems - Or some other browser gets stuffed up trying to work out where the closing tag is?  

<body>
<div align="center">

</div>
</body>

hans wrote: 

You started the thread, then all you should need to do is edit the first post and change the "Title" - Or am I in the wrong forum here - because I'm getting easily confused these days as to what forum I'm on, supporting or being banned from?  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I've tried reproducing this together with TheSteffen and failed but since you seem to be able to ..I've moved this to the bugs forum for now anyway  

EDIT: sorry for jugling with the wrong thread Mort

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I wouldn't worry about moving the thread etc - So long as it's not public - Otherwise I would have said "Pussyfooting"   

Anyway - Back on topic.

I've got four pics here that shows what's happening both with the "default" and why <div align="center"> would be  needed, because Chrome needs to have some sort of width applied for it, that of course will affect all templates using the "default-blah.tpl's etc.

untitled_1

untitled_3

untitled_2

untitled_4

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Off Topic
:
mort wrote: [View Post]
Two things.

Why do you feel you have to deviate from the suggested code below and add the footer </div> before {GOOGLE_ANALYTICS} ?

It may work for this - It may work for that - But one day {GOOGLE_ANALYTICS} may displace the closing </div> and only create more problems - Or some other browser gets stuffed up trying to work out where the closing tag is?  

<body>
<div align="center">

</div>
</body>

hans wrote: 

You started the thread, then all you should need to do is edit the first post and change the "Title" - Or am I in the wrong forum here - because I'm getting easily confused these days as to what forum I'm on, supporting or being banned from?  

And I was even trying not to be a pain in the rear..  

I Was not intending on deviating from your instruction on that closing tag I just did not understand exactly what you wanted me to do at the time... Had a couple beers last night, that may not have helped any either.  

The title I was not able to edit (more than once) using the "title edit" box at the bottom. If the title prefix is used for sorting then amending a prefix to the actual title will not help as the title and prefix are contained in separate DB tables.

I did move that closing tag though for you, just have not edited the previous posts here.

Back to topPage bottom

hans wrote: 
If the title prefix is used for sorting then amending a prefix to the actual title will not help as the title and prefix are contained in separate DB tables.

Sorry,  I didn't know that.  

But it's pretty stupid that the "Author/Owner of the thread" can't edit the whole original title at any time because often some things are tagged "Fixed" whatever, and then have to be revisited for some other reason that it's either not fixed or the "fix" is creating problems somewhere else.

Maybe that should be added to the "Bug List" too?  

Or start a new thread "[REALLY NOT SOLVED YET] Blah" - So that one could expect some further response to the original question.  

Anyway, I don't want to get off-topic for not knowing how the "Title Status Block" works, but I felt that I did owe you an apology.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Goto page Previous  1, 2

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List