Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Deactivate IP Search Engine 

Hi,

Since Wednesday Hostgator has disconnect my BD because my CPU consume exceeded 25% of the server (at least they say that). They advised me to make some changes on my script to reduce this CPU consume.

I had this problem for a bit longer as a month when I did these described changes:
http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3092

Now that I have the same problem I would like to deactivate the IP Search Engine because I think that a hight percentage of this consume comes due to my user's searches. Does someone know how to do that? I've searched in the ACP but i haven't founded anything related to it.

I hope that you can help me :S

Thank you very much!!

sebas_acciSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Deactivate IP Search Engine 

I think "Force Google Search for guests" ((Admin Index > Main Settings > SQL Optimization)) might be what you are looking for, that disables search for guest though, sounds like you might want all users forced to use Google search. I would have no idea what to hack to do that however I imagine it would be easy.

EDIT: Honestly you should disable chron and shoutbox before disabling search, those two use a lot more resources IMO.

HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Hans wrote: [View Post]
I think "Force Google Search for guests" ((Admin Index > Main Settings > SQL Optimization)) might be what you are looking for, that disables search for guest though, sounds like you might want all users forced to use Google search. I would have no idea what to hack to do that however I imagine it would be easy.

EDIT: Honestly you should disable chron and shoutbox before disabling search, those two use a lot more resources IMO.

Than you very much for your help, but as you said this option forces only guests to use Google search engine and I would like that all the users must use it.

Does someone know how to do it?

Thank you!

sebas_acciSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

sebas_acci wrote: [View Post]
Than you very much for your help, but as you said this option forces only guests to use Google search engine and I would like that all the users must use it.

I think the option forces only guests to use Google search engine, would help you a lot.
The normal search engine is for reg users, if they are loged in.

Normaly logged in users will see a lot more foren and this foren should be seachable.
Google can not search this

What you can do... if you have many many users at the same time in your forum, you can play with Cracker Tracker.
There you can also play with some search Settings... for Guests and for Users.

TheSteffenSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

You can easily force everyone to use GSearch by changing this:
OPEN search.php
FIND
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
if (($_GET['search_id'] != 'unanswered') && !$userdata['session_logged_in'] && $board_config['gsearch_guests'])

REPLACE WITH
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
if (($_GET['search_id'] != 'unanswered') && $board_config['gsearch_guests'])

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I should also add to this.

If you would rather have your sites search done by something other than Google and the Icyphoenix software itself you can install YaCy as a personal search engine...    

(just run YaCy from a different server, such as your local computer, no host-name really needed, YaCy even installs and configures it's own web-server.)

HansSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List