Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Moderator Control Panel Link Does Not Work On Main Page 

Hello all experts.

I am using the lastest version of Black Pearl and phpBB 3.0.10.

On the Forums main page there is a link in the top-right corner called "Moderator Control Panel". I am a Global Moderator/Administrator/etc on the Forums.

But, if I click on it, an error page is displayed that says: General Error: Module not accessible

However, if I go down one-level to a sub-forum or look at an individual post, I can access the Moderator's stuff just fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this...???

Thanx in advance.

--d.

driven13Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Moderator Control Panel Link Does Not Work On Main Page 

Hi  driven13, welcome to IcyPhoenix  

Well it's hard or even impossible say what the problem is at your board without having access to the files or even moderator access (to see what is happening).
I can hardly believe the problem would be in Black Pearl, since I don't have the same problem (and my style is based on it) and because blackpearl just uses the link and by the sound of it the link is correct (you could compare the non-working with the working link).

Can you possibly tell when this bug started happening? ..that could give a clue.
Maybe you made an error during the update somewhere? (I'ld start by closely examining index.php with winmerge as comparing tool, simply compare the old with the new file)

If you don't have (m)any mods installed you could try uploading some related files fresh (and if needed re-add the mods you had)

You could also try disableing the module in ACP, or even remove it and re-add to see what happens after that?

Just throwing you some ideas here  

Edit:
in index.php check to see if this line is still ok:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    'U_MCP'                => ($auth->acl_get('m_') || $auth->acl_getf_global('m_')) ? append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}MCP.$phpEx", 'i=main&mode=front', true, $user->session_id) : '')

Edit 2:
Make sure you have GLOBAL moderator permissions?

Edited by Joshua203, Wed 28 Mar, 2012 00:46: hint added
Edited by Joshua203, Wed 28 Mar, 2012 00:50: another hint added
Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thanx for the response Joshua203.

Yes, I am Global Moderator as well as an Administrator.

The line of code that you posted is exactly the same, except the word "MCP" is in upper-case while yours was in lower-case:

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
append_sid("{$phpbb_root_path}MCP.$phpEx",

--d.

Back to topPage bottom

Sorry, there seems to be a small glitch in this test version of IcyPhoenix that we are running ATM, I posted in lower case so that is correct

This board just changed the lower to uppercase because of the acronyms mod that is build in (it should not to that in posted codeblocks IMHO), I'll create a bug report for that.

Back to your problem..
do you have many mods installed? would it hurt to upload a few clean updated files? (and if needed re-add the possible mods you use?)
Or like I said before you can start comparing some related clean 3.0.10 files with WinMerge (free open source comapring tool)

Have you tried removing and re-adding the module in ACP already? (ACP>>System tab>>Module management>>MCP>>Main (because that is where you enter it)

Back to topPage bottom

Hello again Joshua203.

There are no mods on this installation.  It is a brand new installation with phpBB ver. 3.0.10.

Actually you may be on the right track with this.  You mentioned enabling a module in the ACP for the main page.  I see a lot of items in the drop-down.

Can you please tell me which one I need to enable for this to work...???

My ignorance is getting in my way...again.

Thanx much,

--d.

Back to topPage bottom

Since you mention it's a clean install I doubt if we're on the right track here

I think you shouldn't have to add anything from the dropdown list, I think the main page should be there by default, you may only need to enable it ...start there ..disable it and then re-enanble it again.
Anything else besides "main" just expands the MCP and what a moderator can easilly access.

But if you haven't changed anything at all on this fresh install it may be a better idea to start examining the permissions of anything that deals with moderators in the permissions tab (ACP)

You could even try a full reinstall if nothing is all else fails or an extra test install to see what happens then?
Or start by uploading and over-writing the "includes/MCP" folder with all its content? (MCP in lower case   )

Back to topPage bottom

You were again on the right track..!!!

The Front Page module for MCP -> Main -> Front page was not installed.  So I installed and enabled it and now the link on the main page of the Forums work...!!

Does this make sense...??  I have no idea what I did above and how it related to the workings of the Forum.  I am a bit confused about the MCP modules and how it all works.  Too many options in the drop-downs and then there are TWO dropdowns right next to each other....egaddddd....!!!!....  

For some reason it was not installed and/or enabled by default.

Thanx for your help.

--d.

Back to topPage bottom

You're welcome..glad you got it fixed, congrats  
I'll mark this thread as solved for you (in the future you can do that yourself).

I guess you're going to have to play arround with it all to see what it does or read a phpbb manual, it's really too much to explain.

In short.. you can expand the MCP there (also ACP and UCP)  

Greetings,
...Joshua203

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [SOLVED] Moderator Control Panel Link Does Not Work On Main Page 

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Or start by uploading and over-writing the "includes/MCP" folder with all its content? (MCP in lower case   )

With issues like this you should flag "Disable Acronyms and Autolinks in this post" at the bottom of the posting box.

Guess what happens?

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I'm not going to guess  

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode