Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Automatic Ranks 

Hi there!

It seems my site has been having issues about the automatic ranks. The point is that new users have none and I don't know (can't remember) how can I change the default config in order to set to all new users the automatic rank per written posts. I looked into the suggested related topics around here but found nothing. Any help over there?

Ivory Tower URL: : http://www.torredemarfil.es/foro/ Version: 2.0

SarakinSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Automatic Ranks 

ACP - Users- Ranks

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

spydie wrote: [View Post]
ACP - Users- Ranks

Yep, I know, but that way doesn't allow to set "Automatic rank per written messages" as default. In other words, if I look into a new user profile, it has mark "Messages per days" as default in the second row. Thank you anyway for your attention

Back to topPage bottom

maybe this can help you
http://www.icyphoenix.com/viewtopic...ghlight=#p30350
read careful answers affter my post

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Thank you very much, but I already knew that kind of solution. IMHO, it's only temporary, because when we got a new user the table VALUE will be the same "NULL", right? The point is to address the issue in order to be fixed in future releases through the Admin Panel, because if I have to do a change manually, I can do so user by user too.

Back to topPage bottom

Maybe I just don't understand the question but could it be as simple as this?

ranks

And then after this, you add more ranks but then with higher numbers for minimum messages

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

this was, what i meant.

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Joshua203 wrote: [View Post]
Maybe I just don't understand the question but could it be as simple as this?

ranks

And then after this, you add more ranks but then with higher numbers for minimum messages

Hmmm, maybe the issue is that new registered users don't take by default the automatic rank per post written because there's no such rank with 0 messages... forget that. I've just tried to do so with no success. Newcomers still got no rank assigned in row 1 (NULL value in the table) and per days in the second one. Anyway, if we had created other ranks previously working per X messages written, they should change  automaticly, right? Then, they don't, that's the point. It's not a  critical bug, but maybe it should be taken into account for the next Icy release.

EDIT: I also tried adding an image to the rank, with no success   Maybe if I were able to link a rank to a group the problem could be solved easier...

Back to topPage bottom

Off Topic
:
this was, what i meant.

Sorry Spydie but I thought mentioning setting it to zero posts could maybe clear this up.

Sarakin, can you tell us what version you use of Icy?

After testing some more I noticed that an older version needed "DB And Security >> Database Maintenance >> Check user and group tables" to use the new settings at board level (at ACP level it is immediately used!) ...after that it works!

The new version already seems to do what you suggest ... no DB maintenance needed  

PS... This could also depend on some other settings instead of the version used ...I'm not sure

Back to topPage bottom

Off Topic
:
this was, what i meant.

Sorry Spydie but I thought mentioning setting it to zero posts could maybe clear this up.

Sarakin, can you tell us what version you use of Icy?

1.3.0.53b is the last official version, right? If you're talking about this version, I can't find the "DB and Security" in the ACP   Do you mean the Cracker Tracker tab? Could you post a screenshot, please?

Back to topPage bottom

Well if I can find it in the Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a, surely you should have it in the "b" version

acp_db_and_s

PS ..if a new user actually registers it seems to update it all too after that

Back to topPage bottom

Well if I can find it in the Icy Phoenix 1.3.0.53a, surely you should have it in the "b" version

acp_db_and_s

PS ..if a new user actually registers it seems to update it all too after that

I'm sorry to tell... but no, .53b hasn't that tab, neither that checking user table options (I wish it had, cause they are important tools there, but sadly it has not). It seems it all goes through CrackerTracker and Library options (and/or only God knows how many different places they have spread), but I haven't seen that particular option about checking groups. Nevertheless, maybe using the .53a URL of that option could work. Could you share it in order to give it a try?

Back to topPage bottom

Sarakin, TheSteffen has tipped me that you are probably not a full admin when you are in the ACP, this would be a good reason for you not to see all functions there.

to check this you can open includes/constants.php
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
define('MAIN_ADMINS_ID', '2');

and change it to:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
define('MAIN_ADMINS_ID', '2,XXX');

where XXX would be your current user number (don't forget the komma (,) to separate them)

Thanks TheSteffen for your input!!!  

Back to topPage bottom

Ok, thanks! That solved the hidden tab issue, but ranks are still ignored in the first row. Any other idea? Are there any other way to set in the first rank row "Auto per posts written" as a global rule and to keep it that way for the future?

EDIT:
Okay, all of this is a little easier than I thought. There's no other way to do this than edit the structure of the users table through phpMyAdmin and change the value "NULL" by "0" in the "user_rank" field. This way every new user enters with the autorank set through posts. Then, in order to set all users with that same value in user_rank (row1) we can use any SQL sentence you posted (the sintaxis is easy to understand) and after that setting again the special ranks we could have created previosuly, one by one.

It's a tough solution, but if you have a reasonable number of special ranks, it's doable in 10 or 15 minutes. Anyway, thanks for the support, and for the main admin tip!

Back to topPage bottom

I'm sorry I still think you should just create a rank for 0 posts users, or I'm completely lost in what you are trying to do  

Back to topPage bottom
Goto page 1, 2  Next

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List