Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post What Are The Folders At Templates/icy_phoenix/images/cyan Grey And Ice ? 

Hi you all again!

I have installed icy phoenix 2.0 in a development environment justo for try things and learn how to use it.
Browsing the files, I saw that there are three folders down templates/icy_phoenix/images. These are cyan, grey, and ice. I guess these are color styles for the icy_phoenix template, but in the ACP I don't see any option to activate this colors.

Did I guess right? How can I activate and use these three colors?

jefazo666Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: What Are The Folders At Templates/icy_phoenix/images/cyan Grey And Ice ? 

These folders are used by the corresponding css file.

For example .. style_cyan.css refers to the cyan directory for its images, like this:
Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
    background: url('images/cyan/tbl_h_c.gif') bottom left repeat-x;

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: What Are The Folders At Templates/icy_phoenix/images/cyan Grey And Ice ? 

I think he means he can't see how to add them.

@jefazo666

In the ACP styles / templates whatever (I don't have it in front of me) - click settings and you get the options on what you want do do in handling themes.

Just check the boxes - submit - and refresh the page.

And if you're in a development environment, just click everything until you wreck it - then do it again till you don't.

Bingo!  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Ok, now I understand.

By default this files are styles for the Icy_phoenix template. The problem is that they are not installed. I installed them, and I saw that Authum uses gray, Icy phoenix uses icy, and frozen uses Cyan.

I thought these files was there and there was no utility for them.

Now I understand.

Back to topPage bottom

Current style structure has been created after a lot of tweaking and thinking... I'm currently happy with how the whole style engine works, because you can easily create a sub-template by just adding a new CSS and few images, without having to worry about TPL files which are inherited.

Maybe it's not straightforward for new users, but on the long run you will soon realize the benefit of such a structure.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Ok, this was not any critic for the work, only I was asking how it works because I did not understand.

Thanks for the explanation.

Back to topPage bottom
Post Re: [SOLVED] What Are The Folders At Templates/icy_phoenix/images/cyan Grey And Ice ? 

jefazo666 wrote: [View Post]
Ok, this was not any critic for the work, only I was asking how it works because I did not understand.

Don't worry, I didn't take it as a critic. I just wanted to give some insights on the process why current template system is as is.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List