Description: Style Nexus IP2.0 
Download
Filename: nexus.zip
Filesize: 1.36 MB
Downloaded: 347 Time(s)

Edited by Limun, Tue 12 Feb, 2013 11:35: added link demo
LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Re: Style Nexus For IP 2.0 

is beautiful

CostaSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

It seems you've put a lot of work into that - and it's certainly different with how you have done the unconventional phpbb layout.

Are those corners images or border-radius?

Borders around the smilies may be a pain for those who use odd size smilies, maybe you need to think about that,

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]

Are those corners images or border-radius?

Borders around the smilies may be a pain for those who use odd size smilies, maybe you need to think about that,

corners are images

its not difficul to remove those borders ,but maybe you are right ..i will try other smilies .. for now i m concetred on Grunge  

Back to topPage bottom

You want to forget about IE 6,7,8 and use border-radius because it's so much easier (and nicer) and the borders can be varied to any shape and not just a 90 degree bend. (WC3)

Oh! and if you are not aware - there's no such thing as -moz-border radius any more and I'm pretty sure that Netscape has dumped -web-kit too.

All this is border radius - -  

untitled_1_1351577922_711551

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

i will try this on Grunge  
also i will try RGBA

its working fine this border radius

snapshot3

Back to topPage bottom

Wow! that looks different from the usual run-of-the-mill stuff that icy is noted for.  

OT: I was working on something the other day and it started to look like a phpBB theme, and I had to think "What the hell is the matter with the way this is looking"??

Then it dawned on me - Borders - all these damn borders - So I went into the css and removed EVERY border: XXX and then just put back the ones that were really needed.

It don't look like a phpBB theme no more.  

And I don't know if you've seen this, and I'm not sure if it's images or radius.

http://aelyon.eg2.fr/forum.php

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Great job Limun!! icy_phoenix_greetings

TopoMotoV3XSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Wow! that looks different from the usual run-of-the-mill stuff that icy is noted for.  

OT: I was working on something the other day and it started to look like a phpBB theme, and I had to think "What the hell is the matter with the way this is looking"??

Then it dawned on me - Borders - all these damn borders - So I went into the css and removed EVERY border: XXX and then just put back the ones that were really needed.

It don't look like a phpBB theme no more.  

And I don't know if you've seen this, and I'm not sure if it's images or radius.

http://aelyon.eg2.fr/forum.php

loks like all images to me.

i only found some borders in buttons and copyright

spydieSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Maybe you did not look in the right place Spydie, it's definately border-radius

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I didn't post that link to hijack this thread as it was purely for Limun's benefit - - -

But!

Spydie - You're wrong.  

Joshua - You're right.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

new shout of grunge  

splashes

spydie wrote: [View Post]

loks like all images to me.

i only found some borders in buttons and copyright

this is how it look in IE7  

i4e7

so it's definately border-radius

Back to topPage bottom

No offence Limun because this is only my opinion.

This is why I didn't bother with Grunge because there are too many cells, too many borders and too many rounded corners and the whole thing looks like borders and border-radius gone mad.

I was going to have a look at it with the "Pro" theme because I think that has less cells stacked together. ?

Don't know, but the picture gives some sort of idea that I had in mind. But that's a lot of work to re-write most of the cell classes and add extra ones. Probably too much unless you can make something stunning and not something as drab as frozen phoenix.  

cells

The other thing of course is consideration for how the theme comes up with mods and plugin's - or just let them worry about it - That's what I would do, otherwise one's creativity is being stifled by what others want you to do. And I for one don't see that as helping anyone who finds making themes a pleasurable pastime, rather than it turning out to be a pain in the proverbial butt.  

Still OT:

One would have to wonder how much work Yros would have to do to make that theme look anything decent for the "Older" browser's - - - Probably wouldn't even think about trying it.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

No offence Limun because this is only my opinion.

This is why I didn't bother with Grunge because there are too many cells, too many borders and too many rounded corners and the whole thing looks like borders and border-radius gone mad.

I was going to have a look at it with the "Pro" theme because I think that has less cells stacked together. ?

Don't know, but the picture gives some sort of idea that I had in mind. But that's a lot of work to re-write most of the cell classes and add extra ones. Probably too much unless you can make something stunning and not something as drab as frozen phoenix.  

cells

The other thing of course is consideration for how the theme comes up with mods and plugin's - or just let them worry about it - That's what I would do, otherwise one's creativity is being stifled by what others want you to do. And I for one don't see that as helping anyone who finds making themes a pleasurable pastime, rather than it turning out to be a pain in the proverbial butt.  

Still OT:

One would have to wonder how much work Yros would have to do to make that theme look anything decent for the "Older" browser's - - - Probably wouldn't even think about trying it.  

i like borders,corners,opacity etc...  
i will finish Grunge as it is now and then i will clone it and try to remove some borders and corners to see what is gona be  

Back to topPage bottom

Style updated

added in css lines for dropdown menu

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode