Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Christmas Style 

Hi all of you again!
I would like to know how works the christmas style now. As I read, it was only implemented for some templates, and if I am not wrong, just for icy phoenix template. So if I choose in the ACP to activate the christmas images, they should work on:
Icy Phoenix
Frozen Phoenix
MG Autumn
all this three styles because of they three are inside the icy_phoenix template folder.

but the thing is that I have not installed MG Autumn, so I had no change on my website. After installing MG Autumn, Christmas style is only showed if the user chooses MG Autumn as it's style, and the most not understanding thing, is that if set MG Autumn as default template, and Ignore Users preferences, the default Style is Frozen Phoenix (always, no matter what I choose).

Is this happening on your pages too? or maybe is any error of me?

jefazo666Send private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Christmas Style 

And your site is ???

And did you clear the template caches while you were in the styles section?

Or any caches?

And did you clear your browser caches ?

When you make changes - You generally have to clear what is stored in the cache - and where you actually add/install the styles it gives you the option to clear or compile the template cache.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
And your site is ???

And did you clear the template caches while you were in the styles section?

Or any caches?

And did you clear your browser caches ?

When you make changes - You generally have to clear what is stored in the cache - and where you actually add/install the styles it gives you the option to clear or compile the template cache.

I am testing at local. I did cleared and recompiled all the stuff.

If you want to check my site is www.club-205.com. There is activated the Christmas Styles option (at ACP, with the option just above Snow activation), but the MG Autumn is not installed.

I ask this, because in 1.27 version, I only had installed Icy Phoenix, and the Christmas images worked properly.

Back to topPage bottom

You don't have the "Snow" javascript active in any of your themes, so either it's not turned on, or you have modded the variable that switches it on out of the header(s)

There's only one switch in the ACP for "Snow", so if it's on and it's not working - then it's either a cache issue, or the script is missing.

And in this case I can't see the script.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

You don't have the "Snow" javascript active in any of your themes, so either it's not turned on, or you have modded the variable that switches it on out of the header(s)

There's only one switch in the ACP for "Snow", so if it's on and it's not working - then it's either a cache issue, or the script is missing.

And in this case I can't see the script.  
I am not asking for Snow script. I am asking for Christmas Images:

sin_t_tulo

Edit: or Christmas Styles. Never said anything about snow.

Back to topPage bottom

[quote user="jefazo666" post="57782"]
Never said anything about snow.

Sorry, but where you said "Images" I assumed that you meant all of the images, Because we just finished dealing with someone else who couldn't load the snow and I thought that is what you also meant?

Edit:

And the switch that turns on the Christmas Graphics is in the theme.cfg files etc

Code: [Download] [Hide] [Select]
if (($config['xmas_gfx'] == 1)
    if (($config['xmas_gfx'] == 1) && ($color == 'gray'))
    if (($config['xmas_gfx'] == 1) && ($color == 'blue'))

And if its not there  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Hi again,

When you wrote theme.cfg, you mean the theme_name.cfg right? There is no other option because i can't find any file with theme.cfg name. I have checked some of the themes installed (actually: Icy Phoenix, MG Authum, Lighning Phoenix, Frozen Phoenix (by default), and a Colorized version of Black Pearl), and the checking of the xmas_gfx var is there. So I do not know what is happening.

I have also installed a new clear IP 2.0 and the error stills being the same. There is no change when I activate the Christmas Images. Does any of you tried to enable the Christmas Images and it Worked with the default template --> Frozen Phoenix?

Am I doing anything wrong and are other options needed to activate?

Do you understand my english right?

Thanks for your answers

Back to topPage bottom

jefazo666 wrote: [View Post]
Do you understand my English right?

Depends on which English you are using - If it's English(US) - No I don't.  

Now something seriously,

I should have been more specific and not used theme_name.cfg - but for every theme - nested or not there is a cfg file.

Viz:

default.cfg
icy_phoenix.cfg

And each config contains the switches or not for all the xmas stuff.

{
    $color = 'gray';
    $css_color = 'gray_xmas';
}

If this is not there in the .cfg file

if (($config['xmas_gfx'] == 1)

There are no Christmas graphics to switch.

Off Topic: (While I know that you are not doing the snow thing)
IMHO Icy needs a fully-fledged stand-alone default "Christmas Theme" that user's can switch away from (particularly when one cannot turn off the hailstones/aka snow) and get away from being forced into the "Admin's" idea on what other people will think is good fun for them or will automatically like.

And if anything, MG needs to list all the themes that contain the Xmas graphics so that people know what is what. Because at the moment it's all too vague.

Just my opinion.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Depends on which English you are using - If it's English(US) - No I don't.  

Off Topic: (While I know that you are not doing the snow thing)
IMHO Icy needs a fully-fledged stand-alone default "Christmas Theme" that user's can switch away from (particularly when one cannot turn off the hailstones/aka snow) and get away from being forced into the "Admin's" idea on what other people will think is good fun for them or will automatically like.

And if anything, MG needs to list all the themes that contain the Xmas graphics so that people know what is what. Because at the moment it's all too vague.

Just my opinion.  

Let's try to clarify myself, maybe I have misconceptions and this is creating wrong ideas on me.

IP has templates, that defines how items are placed on the view (how is created the HTML), and inside every template, there are styles, (the CSS stylesheets for a predefined html code). <-- Is this exactly right?

As I guess, or view, in IP 1.3 and before, MG Autumn, and Icy Phoenix, was the same template but different styles. <-- Is this ok?

As they was the same template, it was possible to apply the Christmas Style (just a .css stylesheet) to Icy Phoenix template. But now, Lightning phoenix (i.e), is a different template, so the stylesheet will not work. It should be defined an specific .css with christmas images for this template. <-- Is ok?

If all of them was right, then, I see that in 2.0, the icy phoenix template is common for Autumn, Frozen and Icy, so why the christmas stylesheet is only working on Autumn??

This is not a complain, I am only trying to learn and understand. I think my conceptions about how IP works are not all ok, so I am trying to clarify myself.

thanks for your answers.

Back to topPage bottom

jefazo666 wrote: [View Post]
Let's try to clarify myself, maybe I have misconceptions and this is creating wrong ideas on me.

No, all of your questions are valid, but what has happened is that MG has made so many changes that no-one can keep up with them.

Try to get your head around this.

default.cfg

If you changed this:

elseif (($config['xmas_gfx'] == 1) && ($color == 'blue'))

To:

elseif (($config['xmas_gfx'] == 1) && ($color == 'blue')  || ($color == 'cyan')  || ($color == 'ice') || ($color == 'dark') )

You would add at least some Christmas graphics to other themes, although I have no idea of what the result would be without testing it.

And in icy_phoenix.cfg it appears that the only theme with  Christmas graphics is gray - aka Autumn.

icy_phoenix.cfg

{
    $color = 'gray';
    $css_color = 'gray_xmas';
}

And gray = Autumn

'gray' => array('template_name' => 'icy_phoenix', 'style_name' => 'MG Autumn'),

There was a time when themes that contained extras were renamed, such as Autumn(No extras) would become another theme such as Autumn-ext

There also was a time when "nested" themes was an excellent idea because they cut down on repetitive files for every theme - and today it's not required.

The best thing that I would recommend to MG is that any theme nested or not, and contains Christmas graphics simply be renamed to something like Autumn-cg.

Then we wouldn't be going through what we are going through at the moment.

And believe me, at the same time it's NOT easy to be programming all the stuff that MG is/has been doing and keep track of everything that he hasn't done - So maybe he needs to catch up.

But I do wish that he would get away from using nested themes.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

You're right... the whole Christmas stuff is too vague and confusing.

When I've created those features there was only two templates, so there was no need to specify too many things... but now that switch is confusing.

I'll try to improve this when I have time.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
You're right... the whole Christmas stuff is too vague and confusing.

When I've created those features there was only two templates, so there was no need to specify too many things... but now that switch is confusing.

I'll try to improve this when I have time.
Is possible to fast explain how to enable the christmas for lightning phoenix as you did here?

I have created a switch similar as mort showed above, but mine is not working properly.

Thanks MG

Back to topPage bottom

You will need style_white_xmas.css that should be in the templates/lightning_phoenix folder.

If you don't have it, you can just download from here.

After having that file, you should decomment this line in templates/lightning_phoenix/style_white.css

/*@import url("style_white_xmas.css");*/

Let me know.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Perfect. Thank you for the fast answer!

Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic