Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Bitza Games 

Well, I've finally got there and created an Icy Phoenix run forum after talking about it for so long.

I've also created a nice "Girly" theme there (Called Vista Pink - because "someone aged 6" - likes pink!) and will release it as soon as it's had a bit of testing and a bit more work done to it.

And without any more adieu - Here it is

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Bitza Games 

very very nice that girly style  

i have a question:
your forum have nothing to do with your main page where i m registred ?
do i need register also on forum or its gona be all togheder?  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

No Limun,

It's stand-alone from phpBB and you would have to register at both places.

I was going to look at phpBB3 games MOD and try to remove all the white space and more or less make it look more like the thing I'm working on. Even MG said he'd do the code, if I did the templates.

But my main aim then and still is for this thing is for it to run under XAMPP or Live just as a games thing without the need for any forum software.

But what I would like to see and intend to do is, when I get to the limit of my ability I want to pay MG to have a look at it, check it out and maybe tweak it a bit, fix the exploits, kill the bugs and paint it purple.  

And then look to creating a Bridging file in much the same way as Coppermine and FlashChat for it to work with phpBB aka phpIP.

I also think that if it was made to solely run under phpIP/phpBB it would die from lack of support in much the same way that Jeff ??? has abandoned the phpBB3 games MOD he put together and someone else has adopted it. And I'm sure MG would not have the time to take it on either as something else to look after.

So hopefully that's where I'm heading with this thing.  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

mort wrote: [View Post]
No Limun,

It's stand-alone from phpBB and you would have to register at both places.

ok i will register there than  

LimunSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Nice job David

I know exactly what you mean with keeping the young ones away from bad links on the interent, I have the same problem here.

Keep up the good work

Mike

IcyPhoenix UK is off-line permanently due to lack of time to update mods.
if anyone is interested in my templates I will upgrade them to Icy 2.0.

DWhoSend private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

Nice job mort.

I have some feedback though... I hope you don't mind.

• Your arcade website could be integrated through blocks into Icy Phoenix... so you don't have to care about sessions, users and everything else related to core code. You will run it as CMS plugins directly. Alternatively you can integrate sessions handling... but you already know that.
  • In latest Icy Phoenix I have integrated a "pseudo-easy" bridge to allow interaction with other platform. I know this feature is well hidden but you know I lack of free time and I never had the time to document it so far. If you are interested in using it, I will explain how it works... in exchange you will write a tutorial on how to use it for all users. Do we have a deal? (oh... just to explain you further... the function I created is able to add user data to another table when registering, so you don't have to ask double registrations...)
  • Current template I see is White Pearl...   If you love Pinky templates... you can use ColorizeIt to customize one of those available... just an example: White / Pinky Pearl (You need to be logged in to be able to view the template).

It's all for now... I'll think to other feedback and eventually let you know!

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

DWho wrote: [View Post]
Nice job David
I know exactly what you mean with keeping the young ones away from bad links on the internet, I have the same problem here.

Keep up the good work

Mike

Thanks, but some days I think it would have been a lot easier if I had bought some games software and used that. But look at all the PAIN fun I would have missed out on.  There are one or two good ones available - But none of them are actually FREE to modify and do your own thing with etc - And then they come with Mochi, FOG and a few other API's that one sort of has to commit to keeping the "Big Players" happy while they manipulate everything you have to their best advantage.

The truth of the matter is that the "Big" players have this sort of thing stitched up - While to me it's just a bit of fun, where others may think that it's a way to make money? The reality is it ain't never going to happen.  

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
Nice job mort.

I have some feedback though... I hope you don't mind.

It's all for now... I'll think to other feedback and eventually let you know!

Thanks MG - I'm going to bookmark your post and re-read it 10 times, before I come over there and throw something at you!  

But it had crossed my mind that the "Blocks" I'm using wouldn't take a real lot to integrate and have been working in a way to make it even easier - - - I think!

This look familiar?

constants.php

Spoiler: [ Show ]

And there's even more?  Not as flash as yours, but the initial idea was to at least do some sort of bridge for themes.

default.cfg

Spoiler: [ Show ]

I've just about finished all that I can do, without adding more mods and stuff, and If I keep doing that it'll never get finished.

So I'll wrap up what I've got, do some re-testing of the whole thing - release it - give you a copy, and we'll go on from there.

But be warned - I could be biting off more than I can chew.....  

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

I know perfectly how much time working on a project does require.

Take your time.

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List