Icy Phoenix

Page 1 of 1

Reply with quote Download Post 
Post Create A Gallery Type Www.lucalibralato.com 

I saw this gallery and I've seen that is based on icy, know a manual to make it?

thans

PausoSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom
Icy Phoenix is an open source project, you can show your appreciation and support future development by donating to the project.

Support us

Post Re: Create A Gallery Type Www.lucalibralato.com 

AFAIK Only this Pauso:

Mighty Gorgon wrote: [View Post]
DWho wrote: [View Post]
Firstly the image slider you have used where is that available...?

It's free for personal use: Nivo Slider

DWho wrote: [View Post]
secondly I am assuming you are using IP gallery but have recoded the design much more professional looking than our present gallery (my opinion) so will that become the standard here..? or have you coded a completely new gallery?

Nope... I have coded a very simple gallery just for my personal use. It is based upon Instant Gallery with some tweaks I have coded some time ago.

Joshua203Send private messageVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

I use Nivo Slider and so do a lot of other sites that create "free" GPL templates/themes and it's released under these licences.

/*
 * jQuery Nivo Slider v2.3
 * http://nivo.dev7studios.com
 * Copyright 2010, Gilbert Pellegrom
 * Free to use and abuse under the MIT license.
 * http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
 */

Quote:
The MIT License (MIT)

Copyright (c) <year> <copyright holders>

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

And the latest is:

Quote:
Free to Use & Abuse

The Nivo Slider jQuery plugin is open source and released under the MIT license. This means you can use it almost anywhere and for almost any kind of project, including personal and commercial websites and themes you make. It also means you can give back to the community by contributing your own improvements to the slider via GitHub

There appears to be a "Wordpress" conversion thing that one can purchase simply because they wrote the script to integrate it into wordpress, and from what I can read into it - Has nothing to do with jQuery or Nivo Slider itself..

And I may add that this is where the likes of pbpBB and Icy Phoenix's GPL is dying from lack of support when it comes to MODS and Themes.

Most GPL stuff these day are generally being released under two or more licences where MOD and Theme writers can charge usually a nominal amount of Most GPL stuff these day are generally being released under two or more licences where MOD and Theme writers can charge usually a nominal amount of $2 to $10 dollars - or more in some cases for the stuff that they create even though they use GPL core files to create them with providing the core is released under dual licences.< to  dollars - or more in some cases for the stuff that they create even though they use GPL core files to create them with providing the core is released under dual licences.

And that's how it should be IMHO - Because getting people to spend their time creating something for nothing, and be expected to support or upgrade it is getting rarer by the day.

And that's why stuff that is released "Strictly" under the GPL only, is finding it so difficult to get programmers and theme makers, or anyone else for that matter to support it.

mortSend private message  
Back to topPage bottom

Maybe in the future I will release the core code of that website.

I have used a mix of Instant Gallery and some Icy Phoenix features... plus I have integrated Social Networks recently.

At the moment most of settings are hardcoded...

Mighty GorgonSend private messageSend e-mail to userVisit poster's website  
Back to topPage bottom

HideWas this topic useful?

Link this topic
URL
BBCode
HTML

Permissions List